Here's to getting the old me back!

Still low. Only lost 1kg this week so feeling rather discouraged. I haven't cheated at all, not even once! How come other people are losing so much faster than me? Harrumph! Will put my 'rebellious child' to bed shortly and hope I feel better in the morning!

Not sure why I was so low yesterday, especially as I've just remembered two people at group mentioned that my face and chin(s) are looking slimmer! Hurrah!

I've just been cooking dinner and feeling really panicky and awful, like I was really scared I was going to break the diet by tasting what I was cooking. And then really angry and fed up that I can't share the meal. I know I will be able to share food again, but just while I was cooking I felt really excluded, even though this is my choice.

Well, the meal is in the oven and I didn't cheat, but it was difficult.

Been feeling really 'hungry' today too. No idea what that's about! Possibly partly because I had a major success at work last week but my boss has completely not acknowledged it at all. Nothing. Nada. No one can believe it actually, and I'm really angry about it. Kind of 'why should I bother if I don't get any credit?' hmm. Actually think that may be where the urge to eat is coming from...

Ahhhhh hun I feel for you!
I must admit I'm reaally lucky because I don't have to do any cooking at all so I admire you even more!
Well done for resisting temptations and please be strong!
The work thing is not helping I know, I have had a similar problem a whike ago. And what's funny is that the 'old me' would find comfort in food but this time I am consciously 'working' through the issues without hiding behind food.
Food for thought Spangly.. (see what i done there ;))

Nice one, mags!

Feeling very down today. Have been so tired the past week, probably because of this cold, but falling asleep on the train TO work, as well as the one home. I thought we were meant to be full of energy on this diet? Also loo issues are starting to really get me down. It just won't settle and I don't know if I can stand months more of diarrhoea and wind. I'm trying psyllium husks which seem to be helping a little. Fingers crossed because I am SO motivated to see this diet through, but I'm fed up being so uncomfortable and worrying about 'accidents'.

Also today I was an idiot. Woke up late - never a good start - but was feeling amazingly slim and my trousers fit really well. So why did I weigh myself?! I'm 2kg heavier than last weigh in! How is that even possible? I haven't cheated once! Would love to be like the ladies on here who cheat at the weekend or whatever and still lose alb but I have committed to this, which means 100 days no cheating.

Gah!

Can you hear my rebellious child at all?! Can laugh at myself, which is something, but crikey this diet is TOUGH!

Xx

Well, just had my first "what are you on a diet for? You don't need to lose weight!" comment! A colleague at work has brought some crisps in to share. I wasn't going to say anything but he asked me directly if I wanted any so I said no thanks as I'm on a diet - but very kind of him to offer. Ooh he was so shocked and surprised when I said I count as "obese"!! I must dress really well ;-) lol

(ie the hessian sacks are doing wonders for my image)

You're doing so well Hun and I am so amazed how strong you are!
But I can tell you're going through lots of changes and working out your 'issues'.
I promise you if you stay strong and remain strong and focused you will get amazing results!
Please remember that LL is potentially a life changing experience that is designed to allow you to change your eating habits and give you a better chance to stay slim and healthy for the rest of your life.
Noone said it's going to be easy but then again nothing that's worth fighting for ever is!

Tried the mousse mix for the first time but most of it stuck to the blender in a gloopy lump, which left me with a bowl of slightly frothy but unset milkshake to drink. Still, it's variety, I guess!!

Will be a testing week. I've got two social evenings - one the coffee postponed from a couple of weeks ago. Not too difficult as it's easy enough to drink black decaff! Other one is meeting some friends later in the week. I haven't seen them for ages. The plan is to go for a curry. I've told them about LL. Will be interesting as one of them is a nutritionist and I am anticipating some pretty searching questions...

We'll see. I'm not breaking this diet for ANYONE though!

Bit odd last night. Group was fine but a number of us were asking how to set our goal. We've all based it round normal BMI. Our LLC was saying that we need to be realistic about what weight we can manage though, and a BMI of 27 might be more realistic. I was quite taken aback. I can see where she's coming from but I would be gutted to get so close to the end and not finish up where I want to be.

Very strange. I have a hunch that Earl Grey tea may be affecting ketosis for me. Not much, but enough to make me hungry. Something is, anyway - either the bars or the tea! Anyway today I've not had any Earl Grey - have had Lapsang instead (I'm usually a Tetley girl but it's too bitter without milk, even with sweeteners!) and I feel COLD for the first time on this diet, and NOT HUNGRY!

Weird! Maybe it's a placebo effect thing? Anyway - I'll see what swapping it for other tea does during the week and report back...

btw I did check with my LLC at the start that Earl Grey was ok to have (it has bergamot oil in it which is from a citrus fruit) and she said yes it was fine. Seems illogical though, given that we can't have lemon in our water or any other citrus or floral teas!

As far as I know you're not supposed to have any earl grey for the reasons you mentioned. To be on the safer side I'd avoid it while on LL. X

Am glad I haven't had any today, Magic!

I think I'm turning into a "feeder" lol. Not seriously, but I've made a GORGEOUS dinner for DH and eldest daughter tonight - and what's more I've actually enjoyed doing it rather than feeling resentful!! Result! Can't tell you what it is because no food talk etc, but is smelling v yummy.

I am going to have attempt no 2 with mousse, after last night's episode of The Blob. Hope it works better tonight!!

Did "warm fuzzies" last week and I have just been given my first one of the week. A colleague at work said good morning as she walked past my desk and then stopped to say "you're looking nice today" and when I looked bemused she said, "no really! you look really nice today"

:D

Well done getting under 200 lbs.! Take the compliments .. you deserve them X

Nutty

Yeah, that's right. The compliments seem to start with people saying "you look WELL" as if they are not sure why -and then I found after losing about 2 stone that the comments and compliments started coming thick and fast.
Accept and enjoy them - you deserve it.x

Thanks, Slenda! I just feel so POSITIVE at the moment (apart from first thing in the morning, which is always grouch-tastic for me. I'm ok from 6:30am but before that WATCH OUT! (After ten years of marriage my DH still doesn't get this. His body clock wakes him at 5:30am - unless one of the girls is calling out, mysteriously - and he thinks I should be awake then too. AAAAARRRRGGGGHHH. He thinks he's giving me a MAJOR concession by occasionally allowing me to lie in to (gasp) 7:30am on a Saturday!)

I seem to have regained my interest in fashion, now that I know I'm going to be able to branch out into some different shops soon (yay!) - but I think I've replaced one "comfort" (food) with another: "window shopping online". The latter is much healthier - or would be, if my list of "things I'd like to get when I'm slimmer" didn't keep expanding!! Can't afford anything at the moment anyway because of the diet... but ooh I have plans...

Have I mentioned that I love this diet?! So this morning I was just about to get dressed in my usual black work trousers when I remembered that I've lost a bit of weight and thought I should try some trousers on that have been too tight ever since I bought them pretty much. I think I was in major denial about my size - wearing Planet 18s which are really 20s, and then even those getting too snug. Anyway, tried on my Next tailored 18 trousers and they don't only fit, they are actually COMFY TO SIT DOWN IN LOL.

Blimey!!

Am soooooooooooo happy. Looks like I won't need to spend any money on new clothes for a while as I have other sizes lurking in my wardrobe. Getting the eBay itch though!!

Xx

Back