He's Home!! At Last!!

Dear Grandma

Hope you are all doing OK

Hi Helen

We are fine - thank you so much for asking! We've had a couple of outings this week, including today, when I have pushed the wheelchair up so many hills, my back feels as if belongs to somebody else! I can hardly move!! The nurse comes in every three days to change the dressing and she took the stitches out of his leg yesterday. That has eased it a lot. We shan't know for a while whether they will have to amputate again: we see the vascular consultant on Wednesday and we may learn more then: they may decide to amputate sooner rather than later or they may decide to leave the vac pump in situ to see if it heals given time. Now he is home, time doesn't matter so much! The last op became a miracle as far as we are concerned: the blood supply that wasn't there, suddenly was and the swelling suddenly went down in his legs. I believe that this visit could see a miracle - with some healing taking place - so we are still relying on the prayers of so many people! We too are offering up heart felt thanks in our prayers!
He will be celebrating his 60th birthday on Sunday so we have a big family meal organised. Then on Monday its my birthday - and I have said all along, all I want is to have him home - so I have my birthday wish already!
Thanks for your care.
Chris
x

Hi Chris,

Just wanted to say that I think you are an amazing woman with all that you have coped with and that you have still managed to stick to your diet despite all the hurdles life has thrown at you.

Best wishes to you and your husband for a speedy recovery.

C xxx

Ah, Scottishmum, thank you so much! It was actually much easier when he was in hospital as it was one less thing to have to think about - provided I remembered to take my bar and several litres of water to the hospital. The real test is now when I am cooking for him! The temptation to pick is really bad and I have succumbed to the odd bit on occasions - but nothing really bad! Just a lick of the spoon when I made him a quorn shepherd's pie the other day and another lick when I made him a fish pie yesterday. I wasn't too worried about that as I have deliberately avoided any carbs so I keep in ketosis.

I just bought myself a new dress for his birthday 'do' tomorrow - a size 22! I can hardly believe it! I was in a 30/32 in January!! I am amazed at how cheap smaller clothes are in comparison and how much more choice there is!! Goodbye Evans!!!

Thanks again for your lovely compliments - they make me feel so much better. Bless you.

Chris
x

Dear Grandma (can I call you Chris?)

I sincerely hope that you and hubby have a wonderful birthday weekend, made even more special by the fact that he is out of hospital and you are together with your family to celebrate.

Remember to take care NOT to overdo it though!

Will remember you both in my prayers tomorrow

Dear Grandma (can I call you Chris?)

I sincerely hope that you and hubby have a wonderful birthday weekend, made even more special by the fact that he is out of hospital and you are together with your family to celebrate.

Remember to take care NOT to overdo it though!

Will remember you both in my prayers tomorrow

Hi Helen

Please do call me Chris! We are having a family luncheon at the local cricket club where our son in law is the licensee and chef. Its only both our immediate families so small and intimate, timed for 1pm and I guess we'll be home in time for tea.

Your prayers will be much appreciated. Thank you!

Chris
x

Wishing you both a wonderful birthday, so pleased he's home so you can both celebrate your birthday properly. Have a lovely day.

Happy Birthday to you both!

It's wonderful news that he is home and I hope he continues to do well.

I am in awe of you being so strong and saying on the diet through all this, and 5 stne! WOW!! You are doing amazingly and I'm so pleased you are in a 22! I bet you are getting so many positive comments!

Dino

Thank you all so much. We've had a really lovely day with all our family around us. All the grandchildren were together for the first time with our daughters and son and their husbands/partner, my sister and her husband, my mum, Ken's sister and her daughters and their families. Ken had a brilliant time, opening lots of lovely presents and cards.

I confess that I did eat at lunch time - quorn, broccoli and one small potato and parsnip - then I had a piece of birthday cake. I hope I haven't done much damage - but it was a special occasion and I shall be straight back on it tomorrow, even though its my birthday!! I am enjoying my new found ability to buy super smaller clothes too much not to! If I stay the same this week, so be it - it will be the first week in 17 without a loss - but it was for a good reason and I'm not going to beat myself up over it!

x

Sounds like you had a fabulous time. I think I would have eaten under the circumstances too, after all you had a lot of celebrating to do, DH home from hospital, Hubby's birthday, your birthday and all your family together for the first time. Good luck with your WI in might not be as bad as you think.

Back