Hev & Bev's 12 week countdown to target- Everyone welcome!!!

Well I am struggling today! Had muesli yog melon

Went to the Market and feeling hungry so had hmade veg soup.
Lunch sw lasagne beetroot salad.

Still hungry !!!! I am craving crap but about to spend afternoon with a friend and no idea if we are eating out etc so trying really hard to save my syns :). Ahhh!!! Keep me good!!! I need a loss this week so I need to be good !!! Keep me good!!!!! That's a lot of exclamation marks...

WG plleeeeaase don't go hungry! If I'm out and about I often grab either sushi or one of those packs of chicken mini-fillets (tikka/piripiri etc or even plain) even if just to tide me over for a couple of hours as they fill me up and they're usually free or less that 1 for a pack! Im sure if you're full you will find if so much easier to stay on-plan wherever you go for food! Is there a Nandos or Wagamamas near you? Easy enough to make good choices there! Or Wetherspoons- the 5bean chilli is good (4.5 syns) or JP with 5 bean chilli! They also do fruit salad with low fat yogurt! XxX

Maximus that's fantastic! More than makes up for the gain last week! Can't you lower your limit? Or are you happy and just right as you are? Bravo! X

Thanks Heather:)

Lowering the target I have done already. It caused me all sorts of problems. I will see where I "need to be". It is true that maintaining is a lot harder than losing!!!

Share your secrets maximus!

It's no secret - all to do with body magic. A few people know I ove walking/hiking/rambling. My challenge for August is to walk at least 200 miles. I achieved 98.5 by 10th August weigh-in!

I "liked" this - as I certainly agree it's a topsy turvy world!!! Also, I'm blown away by the fact that you can lose 7 lbs in a couple of weeks when you're at target.
I'll pop over to your diary and leave a comment there! Well done though - you are certainly showing us how to do it.

You are not getting our SoTW prize though! That's reserved for one of us girlies.

SoTW and other bling I glady bequeath to the lovely ladies;) - I'm happy with the losses and the comments - and if it isn't too vain-sounding, hell yes - the compliments are great too. Like a lot of people (especially coming from obesity) I never knew how to take a compliment as wasn't used to them - at least not for my weightloss.

Good going on the losses!

Thanks for your advice funcurls. I ate lunch before I went and had 2 coffees out with a synned bag of crisps :). Came back to veg pasta, so pleased with myself!!

Would like to report in with a loss of 1lb this week, getting nearer to my goal every day :0) xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Would like to report in with a loss of 1lb this week, getting nearer to my goal every day :0) xx
And another yay - well done. Looks like we're having a pretty good week!

Vitology said:

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Whoohooo!! Well done Vitology! X

Well done Ellebear and Vitology!

Help peeps! I'm sabotaging myself! Only 1.5lbs to go and I'm eating like a pig - going way overboard. I'm waking up at night and scoffing the contents of the fridge before I'm even awake. To be honest I think I'm scared of reaching target. Well if I carry on like this I have nothing to be scared of, as I won't be reaching target in my lifetime - ok a bit of an exaggeration but you know what I mean! :mad: Gah! I'm feeling really upset about it, as I feel totally out of control. HELP!!!

Last edited:
Ok Zoe - deep breath, press pause and relax . . .

As for fridge raiding - we've all done it. Well I certainly have. Personal question.
Is *week due? That makes everyone munchy. Try pushing everything to the back of the fridge that isn't free and leave the healthy stuff at the front. It's a bloody pain having to empty everything out to get at the things that will sabotage you.

And you've got all the time in the world to actually get there.
You've lost a shed-load of weight this year and what's another little 1.5 lbs?

You've got nothing to be scared of about reaching target. It's just a number and it will not bite you. And apart from the Easter blip you've proved you know how to do this. So maintaining will be a doddle. Just add a few extra Hexs or syns until you find what keeps you where you want to be.

We're here chica - and you can do this. ((( HUGS )))

Last edited:
Ok Zoe - deep breath, press pause and relax . . .

As for fridge raiding - we've all done it. Well I certainly have. Personal question.
Is *week due? That makes everyone munchy. Try pushing everything to the back of the fridge that isn't free and leave the healthy stuff at the front. It's a bloody pain having to empty everything out to get at the things that will sabotage you.

And you've got all the time in the world to actually get there.
You've lost a shed-load of weight this year and what's anothe litte 1.5 lbs?

You've got nothing to be scared of about reaching target. It's just a number and it will not bite you. And apart from the Easter blip you've proved you know how to do this. So maintaining will be a doddle. Just add a few extra Hexs or syns until you find what keeps you where you want to be.

We're here chica - and you can do this. ((( HUGS )))

Thanks so much Bev :wave_cry:. It's not *star week (had a hysterectomy) and I don't really know what it is. I'm so desperately keen to reach target, yet I'm falling off the wagon at the same time - wtf? I've taken your advice re the fridge organisation, but have taken it one step further and have binned the food that makes me binge. Good riddance! If I don't pull things back pretty sharpish I'm heading for a gain this week. Which I really don't want :sigh:. Ah well, I'll get there. Hopefully :break_diet:.

Zoe

How about just having a slightly "relaxed" weekend? Allow yourself a few extra syns and just aim for a STS this week, and hop 100% back onto plan after WI on Monday.

Not recommended by SW but treat yourself over the weekend and have a nice meal out (if you can afford it with prices these days). Eat sensibly but have something you maybe wouldn't do for yourself at home and that you have been yearning for - and just enjoy yourself. Sometimes a bit of a blow out is what we need, it lifts the spirit and often wakes the body up for a big loss the next week.

There are times when we all get stressed out - whether it's work, the kids, the parents or just being retired and having very little to occupy your brain that does it (Yes that can be stressful too - believe me! :D). Oh and getting rid of these pesky lbs can be a tad stressful at times too.

We are NOT perfect and it's hard being an angel all the time and virtually impossible to achieve. I've certainly been through "Stuff it - I want a peanut NOW" moments and have just eaten them because I can. Change peanut for cake, crisps, chocolate - whatever is your saboteur!

Well done on rearranging the fridge and chucking stuff out! That will certainly be a help.

By the way, what were you raiding? If it was sweet, sticky things it could be your body telling you that your blood sugars are low. Have some fruit - something sweet like oranges or mandarins. They always help me when my blood sugar dips.

I'm off to bed in a few minutes but I'll see you tomorrow chica.

More ((( hugs )))

Zoe

How about just having a slightly "relaxed" weekend? Allow yourself a few extra syns and just aim for a STS this week, and hop 100% back onto plan after WI on Monday.

Not recommended by SW but treat yourself over the weekend and have a nice meal out (if you can afford it with prices these days). Eat sensibly but have something you maybe wouldn't do for yourself at home and that you have been yearning for - and just enjoy yourself. Sometimes a bit of a blow out is what we need, it lifts the spirit and often wakes the body up for a big loss the next week.

There are times when we all get stressed out - whether it's work, the kids, the parents or just being retired and having very little to occupy your brain that does it (Yes that can be stressful too - believe me! :D). Oh and getting rid of these pesky lbs can be a tad stressful at times too.

We are NOT perfect and it's hard being an angel all the time and virtually impossible to achieve. I've certainly been through "Stuff it - I want a peanut NOW" moments and have just eaten them because I can. Change peanut for cake, crisps, chocolate - whatever is your saboteur!

Well done on rearranging the fridge and chucking stuff out! That will certainly be a help.

By the way, what were you raiding? If it was sweet, sticky things it could be your body telling you that your blood sugars are low. Have some fruit - something sweet like oranges or mandarins. They always help me when my blood sugar dips.

I'm off to bed in a few minutes but I'll see you tomorrow chica.

More ((( hugs )))

Thankyou so much Bev, some fab advice there. I'm going to think about loosening the reins this weekend and seeing what happens. The thing is I've been aiming to reach target on wednesday. But I guess it's unlikely to happen now. I suppose an extra couple of weeks isn't going to matter in the grand scheme of things. Yeah, I've been binging on sweet things (and pretty much anything I could get my hands on!) I'll have to try some fruit for the blood sugar hit.

Thanks again for the reply lovely

ZX

I think a lot of people do this to themselves as they get very very close to target Zoe!! I think what you've been doing (subconsciously) is testing yourself a bit, almost as if you can't believe you're the weight you've always dreamed of being, it's too good to be true, and you're toying with it, like you are the cat and Target is the mouse!! We all have these moments anyway! You've been mega-focused and disciplined for a good while now in a drive to get yourself to target after an up and down period a few months ago! So I think it's also your mind's way of telling you to cut yourself some slack!! You needed a bit of a binge to break the strictness you've put on yourself! Well one more drive and you'll be at Target (nothing to be scared of I'm sure!!) and then you'll be able to be a tiny bit less strict with yourself to maintain, and then you'll need to take on board a whole new load of strategies!! Aaarghh it's a tricky old business isn't it!! A life-long commitment! But just see this as a very minor and temporary blip as you know there's no use whatsoever in beating yourself up about it as what's done is done, and there's nothing that can't be corrected! You just have to break the cycle again which you've done many times before on your journey and been very successful as a result!! Infact you've already broken the cycle by taking action with the fridge sort-out!! XXXX

Thanks so much Hevs. You're right, it's time to cut myself some slack here. I find it so difficult, being in touching distance of target, but hey, I'm working on it!
Ta for the reply honey, ZX

Can I join please - I'd like to lose 1 stone :)

Back