Hev & Bev's 12 week countdown to target- Everyone welcome!!!

OK, not entirely how to say this without being absolutely mortified, embarrassed and wondering what the hell I was doing joining this group in the first place when I was already off the wagon! :eek: :confused: I suppose I was hoping that it might give me the kick up the jacksy I needed to stop playing about with the same pound! Anyway, the mortifying news I have to report - on my first week in such a lovely positive group - is 2lbs ON! :( So it looks like I have stopped with the 1lb game - and moved onto 2lbs - in the wrong direction! I'm really sorry - I feel like I'm taking the p*ss out of the group and that wasn't my intention! Anyway, I am not sure whether to just be kicked out of the group while I get my mojo back and then hopefully catch up some time when I'm in the zone? :cry:

Hey chick, Woodland Girl has hit the nail on the head!! This is just 1 week out of 12!! There's absolutely no reason why you can't go on to lose week after week! Although it's a group challenge, it's still a very personal thing and you're not letting anyone down you silly sausage! Anything to help keep us all focused I say!! Hopefully WE can help you get your mojo back!! Any idea where it's gone and why? What are you feeling like at the moment and is there anything imparticular getting in the way?X

Katerpillar, I can only echo what everyone else has said. The team is here to support you for better or worse! You're not letting anyone down so don't worry about that. Good luck getting back on the wagon hun. You can do it!

Well gals 0.5lbs off for me. I'm really chuffed with that as I was convinced I'd put on. Any loss is good in my book!

I am officially rubbish. I also hang my head in shame with a 2lb gain. *sob*
Sorry ladies. Will do better next week. Pwomise.......

Hevs will you (pretty please) be pasting the weeks results in your first post so that i can find it whenever i come on here?? haha xx

Hi all, as requested by Pesty (and this does make sense) all results will be updated on the very first post of this thread so it will be easier for everyone to see it!!X

Do some of you have your display set to show the LAST post first like I do? Thought so.

Heather will keep post number 1 of the thread up to date with everyone's progress and I'll re-post where we are up to each Sunday evening on the end of the thread. Clear as mud? Thought so again. You'll soon get the hang of it next Sunday!

Last edited:
Morning all,

WI for me tonight and i have everything crossed for a loss!!

Well done to all losers. Gainers - you have not let anyone down, you just have to be there for us when we gain!! I cant see that any of us will go 12 weeks without one, the important thing isnt the gain, its how you respond to that gain and come on here with excellent motivation to prove to all of us that a gain one week doesnt stop a loss the next one!!!

xxx

Awww thank you so much ladies :thankyou: both for your support and not making me feel like a total loser (even though I wasn’t this week :rolleyes:!!)
I think my main problem is all in my head and the fact that I am absolutely convinced that I am going to put all the weight I have lost back on! Not sure why but now I am nearly at target (or was!) I spend quite a lot of time worrying and have somehow lost my way – quite a lot! I think it’s because I lost most of my weight quite quickly after Christmas in time for my 30th – who knows? …..but I do know I need to change my mindset!
Pommetee – I did exactly what you said and started back at the beginning this morning and feel sooooo much better than I did yesterday! I will be making a batch of spped soup tonight and have planned my week out! Thank you to you all again – I WILL lose this week – with no more breakdowns and subsequent pep talks required!! :rolleyes: :D

Well done to all who have lost so far – I love this group xx :grouphugg:

Katerpillar, I can only echo what everyone else has said. The team is here to support you for better or worse! You're not letting anyone down so don't worry about that. Good luck getting back on the wagon hun. You can do it!

Well gals 0.5lbs off for me. I'm really chuffed with that as I was convinced I'd put on. Any loss is good in my book!

Well done Zoe!! A loss is a loss and all in the right direction! Especially fab when you expected a gain!! Yaay!! Consider yourself 0.5lb closer to completing the challenge!!!X

I am officially rubbish. I also hang my head in shame with a 2lb gain. *sob*
Sorry ladies. Will do better next week. Pwomise.......

Ooh JayJayJayJayJay!! Nothing to be ashamed about! And as we've been discussing, that's what the challenge is there for, to support each other! Still 11 weeks to go, there's still TONS of time!!X

Awww thank you so much ladies :thankyou: both for your support and not making me feel like a total loser (even though I wasn’t this week :rolleyes:!!)
I think my main problem is all in my head and the fact that I am absolutely convinced that I am going to put all the weight I have lost back on! Not sure why but now I am nearly at target (or was!) I spend quite a lot of time worrying and have somehow lost my way – quite a lot! I think it’s because I lost most of my weight quite quickly after Christmas in time for my 30th – who knows? …..but I do know I need to change my mindset!
Pommetee – I did exactly what you said and started back at the beginning this morning and feel sooooo much better than I did yesterday! I will be making a batch of spped soup tonight and have planned my week out! Thank you to you all again – I WILL lose this week – with no more breakdowns and subsequent pep talks required!! :rolleyes: :D

Well done to all who have lost so far – I love this group xx :grouphugg:

Yay! Glad you're feeling more positive and taking steps to plan ahead! Planning is the key for me! Just having all the right things in the fridge/freezer/cupboards is a start and then having things to hand is vital to prevent snack attacks and reaching for the wrong things!! Keeping a food diary (on here) also keeps me mega focused and nicely obsessive!! The minute I stop doing it I lose the plot! I think it's a common thing to be scared of putting all the weight back on hun! I certainly fear it! Almost as if it's all too good to be true and I could lose the plot at any time! Well it could actually happen quite easily if we didn't keep nipping it in the bud and taking action, but of course it wouldn't happen overnight! It would take weeks and weeks of overindulgence and burying our heads in the sand!! But we're totally NOT burying our heads in the sand because we're here, we're motivated and we WANT to do this!! You are close to target now so there's nothing stopping you!!X

Ooh JayJayJayJayJay!! Nothing to be ashamed about! And as we've been discussing, that's what the challenge is there for, to support each other! Still 11 weeks to go, there's still TONS of time!!X

Ah you've brought a tear to my eye :cry: thanks lovely lady.

Thankyou Woodland Girl and Hevs. There's no such thing as 'only' a pound in my book!

Good luck for weigh in tonight Pesty!

Dry your eyes Jaylou - you're going to beat this thing, we know it and you'll know it too soon! Go for it girl!

Team Hugs, Kx

. . . There's no such thing as 'only' a pound in my book!

I SO AGREE !!! There's many a time when i've lost a ¼ or ½ lb when I could have killed someone to have lost a whole pound.

A pound for me is usually pretty damn good!

I SO AGREE !!! There's many a time when i've lost a ¼ or ½ lb when I could have killed someone to have lost a whole pound.

A pound for me is usually pretty damn good!

......and even lots of 1/2lbs all added together make a big amount of weight lost over time!! One of my fave sayings in the world of weight loss is "A dripping tap still fills the bucket..." :pX

Whooohooooo!! Well done sweetie! Proud of u! OK, new week starts today 4u, forget past weeks and pretend you are new to the plan! I try and do that sometimes and it works! X

Hi all. Permission to climb aboard? I've taken my eye off the ball a bit lately and am trying to shift a few lbs firstly for my wedding, which is in (gulp) 19 days on the 16th August. So initially a 3 week challenge that started on Monday. As of Monday I had 4 kgs or 10 lbs to lose to take me back to where my weight "settled" back in 2009 at 63 kgs or 138 lbs.

But Friday will be my weigh-in day this week and the next 2 weeks, as I will be away from home from Friday 12th August until Sunday 21st.

I may adjust my target down to 60 kgs (132 lbs) for the October deadline - this was my initial target last time, but I just couldn't get any lower so chose to maintain for a little while, which turned into 2 years :rolleyes: and then started inching upwards again :mad:

This is the first time I've done a challenge (other than the 30 day shred). I'm in the zone and raring to go :D so please let me hop on board

Hi all. Permission to climb aboard? I've taken my eye off the ball a bit lately and am trying to shift a few lbs firstly for my wedding, which is in (gulp) 19 days on the 16th August. So initially a 3 week challenge that started on Monday. As of Monday I had 4 kgs or 10 lbs to lose to take me back to where my weight "settled" back in 2009 at 63 kgs or 138 lbs.

But Friday will be my weigh-in day this week and the next 2 weeks, as I will be away from home from Friday 12th August until Sunday 21st.

I may adjust my target down to 60 kgs (132 lbs) for the October deadline - this was my initial target last time, but I just couldn't get any lower so chose to maintain for a little while, which turned into 2 years :rolleyes: and then started inching upwards again :mad:

This is the first time I've done a challenge (other than the 30 day shred). I'm in the zone and raring to go :D so please let me hop on board

I like the froggy 'gulp' and request to 'hop aboard' lol!! Oooh OK then!! So 10lb for you is it? And to keep up with everyone else (we're on week 1 now) tomorrow will be your first result!
Oohlalaa!! How exciting about your wedding!!! Not long at all then!!! Welcome!!XXX

Oh! Do I weigh in for this thread tomorrow? I normally weigh on Sunday's , don't mind though...( I might sneaky weigh every day!)

Back