Hev & Bev's 12 week countdown to target- Everyone welcome!!!

I had a red week planned too but that all went by the board tonight when I made a fantastic syn-free risotto. So that made it a green day, and me & rice don't get on weight loss wise. Grrrrr 'cos I love the bleddy stuff!

Good luck chica it would be really nice if we can both lose the last pesky 2 lbs of the challenge!

I have a load of green meals planned for next week-always crave green food when doing red!

I wont cave in and have them this week-am determined to lose those 2 lbs before next week!

2 lb off for me today, got my 2 stone award (at last) and slimmer of the week!

very very happy! x

2 lb off for me today, got my 2 stone award (at last) and slimmer of the week!

very very happy! x
Yay & Yippee - fan-tab-ul-oso!!!

Now I could well put the mockers on you now but you only need to shift ½ lb next week and you've met the challenge!

Go Girl Go!

Well the good news is that I've quit smoking this last week. The (very) bad news is that I've piled on the pounds in doing so. I'm so embarassed and ashamed to have to admit I've put on seven pounds. Yes - 7 in one week! *slinks off red-faced with tail between her legs*

Really sorry to let all you guys down...

Last edited:
you'll get that off, you know you will and the benefits from quitting smoking far outweigh the benefits of being 7 pounds heavier, well done for quitting, it must be really difficult x

I agree, stopping smoking is much more important than 7lbs which you know how to take care of.

Vitology-you will have that off and more next week

Have to agree, stopping smoking is something to be really proud of. You have the tools to control weigh loss, and what's more you have us too :D

Give yourself a hug of encouragement and congratulate yourself for taking control.

Thankyou Trango, Ninnins and Kerry, you're so right, I've been a slave of the evil weed for far too long...Onwards and upwards (or even downwards!)

Vitology - you'll deffo get rid of that next week.

Zoe - congratulation on giving up the weed and a :bighug:from me.
I'm sure I will be heading in exactly the same direction as you - hopefully very soon. As I promised myself that I would give up smoking too once I got to target. Got an appointment with doc for 14th to discuss "assistance".

Good luck chica and hope you stay off them there ciggies and can keep the weight under control.

PS You have NOT let us down. Slapped wrists for even thinking it!

its weigh in for me tonight - and i think a gain of 3......my scales tell me this morning! but hey ho - ive had a hen weekend, and a stressed weekend - so im not too worried, im just practising maintaining/losing/gaining!!!

Wedding in 9 sleeps!!! ARGH! x

I'm sure I will be heading in exactly the same direction as you - hopefully very soon. As I promised myself that I would give up smoking too once I got to target. Got an appointment with doc for 14th to discuss "assistance".

Good luck chica and hope you stay off them there ciggies and can keep the weight under control.

Aaaw Bev - you're lovely! Thankyou!

its weigh in for me tonight - and i think a gain of 3......my scales tell me this morning! but hey ho - ive had a hen weekend, and a stressed weekend - so im not too worried, im just practising maintaining/losing/gaining!!!

Wedding in 9 sleeps!!! ARGH! x

Wow it's almost here - how exciting is that! You'll have to promise to post lots of pics for us! Good luck for wi tonight.

Pommette said:
Vitology - you'll deffo get rid of that next week.

Thx pomette, im going back to week one start and hoping for a big 3lb loss!!! Which means i will probs sts!!!!

Heeeeyyyyy girlies!!!! Soz for the lack of attendance!! I think Bev is soooo going to slap my wrists!! I've only been away 2 days and the reasons behind it are 1) still being in the midst of night shifts and having little time- over now- 13 days off yaaayyyyy!!! and 2) being extremely naughty on the food front...defo need wrists slapped and have probably gained massively on the scales- currently avoiding home scales but will give an honest update on Monday eve in the absence of going to class!! Missing class next Mon by the way is probably contributing towards the bad behaviour!! Knowing I'm missing it because of parents coming to stay and Dai's birthday has given me a false sense of security- I thought a couple of treats wouldn't matter as I had time to pull it back, but the floodgates opened and.............need I say more?!!!! Need to pull it back BIG TIME but parents arrive on Sat and I will be eating out every day from tomorrow until Monday so any advice will be gratefully received...XXXX

I have so much to catch up on and so much data to update!!

NINNINS- Well done on another great loss and fantastic NSV re. the 'normal' body fat!! It's amazing how falling within 'normal' parameters makes us feel so great, especially for those of us who have spent years feeling/being made to feel by society 'abnormal/not good enough'!!

POWLA- Great unexpected loss!! Isn't it great when those happen!! Take it and RUN....!

JAY- I've already commented on yours but 3lb is just AWESOME work!!!

LEAPFROG- Well disappointed though you may be, a STS isn't a bad thing! I totally relate to you on the sugar in the morning theory!! I'm sure that this opens the floodgates for me too!! To be honest I think very carby things can be quite addictive and having too many at ANY time of the day or night (espesh in the form of sugary treats) make me crave more...and more....and more....! I think this has been my problem since Monday to be honest...

TRANGO- 2lb- fantastic work- you're good at this!!!

KERRY- Uber-congrats on not only the 2lb loss but the amazing acheivement of your 2 stone award!!! That just feels so great doesn't it!!!

VITOLOGY- Soz to hear about your mini-gain!! Horrible feeling but a normal and healthy part of the bigger weight-loss journey!! If you want some reassurance on this, just look at my 99 week long journey to Target and you'll see LOADS of gains and STSs (but thankfully more losses!!)

ZOE- Oops- well you know by now that 7lb on means that you'll get 7lb off again in a short space of time- you've done it before and you'll do it again!! And as the others have wisely said, giving up smoking is SUCH a massive favour to your bod and health, not to mention your bank balance!!!! Perhaps you could spend the money you will be saving on nice treats like massages/pampering sessions or clothes!!!

EB- I've already said it so don't need to go into it any further- I think we'll all let you off this one in your circumstances!!!!

Love you all!! Just to confirm that this challenge will end Sunday week- the 16th October and the new 'Advent Calendar Girls 10 Week Challenge' will commence on Mon 17th and finish Sun 25th December (conveniently lol!!)

The link is:

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...ndar-girls-10-week-challenge.html#post4202271

All will be welcome and I think everyone will agree that this one has been very successful- not just from a weight loss point of view, but because we've had such a good time and everyone has been so supportive towards each other!! I think we make a great gang!!!! XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Last edited:
Back