Hev & Bev's 12 week countdown to target- Everyone welcome!!!

Did someone mention failure? Here I am lol! Lost 2lbs this week but this still leaves me with a net gain after 12 weeks - aaaaarrrggghhhh!
We've all been there Zoe. Hevs has battled since Xmas to get her last 7 lbs off - I shifted the same ½ lb for 8 weeks in August.

But now you're at class I'm sure it will disappear pretty rapidly now.

Well done on the 2 lbs this week though. As it stands at the moment, you are leading the SotW :D with me in 2nd with my ¼ lbs loss :8855:.

We've all been there Zoe. Hevs has battled since Xmas to get her last 7 lbs off - I shifted the same ½ lb for 8 weeks in August.

But now you're at class I'm sure it will disappear pretty rapidly now.

Well done on the 2 lbs this week though. As it stands at the moment, you are leading the SotW :D with me in 2nd with my ¼ lbs loss :8855:.

Thanks Bev, it does make me feel better to know I'm not alone in finding this last bit such a struggle. I'm determined to get there by christmas though (famous last words lol??!)

Hi Hevs, yes, Amanda seems lovely! The class is quite small but is one of three she does in Eaton Road on a wednesday, so I guess she split a larger one at some point. Wish me luck!

Yes that's right- I remember Jo going to the earlier one when she split them up! She also does Llangyfelach on another evening doesn't she so it's nice to know you've got another option if you can't make Wed! A longer walk I expect, but it's do-able and body magic yaayy!! GOOD LUCK SUGARPLUM!!X

Heaven help us Heather - have you seen how many there are on the Advent Challenge now? There's 39!!!

As you so rightly said, we're gonna have a full time job keeping up with it!

Still, it should be fun.

Don't know if you've read my diary but I'm a happy little bunny today.
Just got to keep it that way until Monday !!!! :8855:

Reporting in with a 1lb loss not bad for *week :0) and cherry on the cake in work today when the young electrician asked if id got kids and told me i didnt look old enough to have an 18yr old son!!!!

Excellent boost on a bad pms day!!!!! :0)

Reporting in with a 1lb loss not bad for *week :0) and cherry on the cake in work today when the young electrician asked if id got kids and told me i didnt look old enough to have an 18yr old son!!!!

Excellent boost on a bad pms day!!!!! :0)
Well done - deffo a yummy mummy!

Heaven help us Heather - have you seen how many there are on the Advent Challenge now? There's 39!!!

As you so rightly said, we're gonna have a full time job keeping up with it!

Still, it should be fun.

Don't know if you've read my diary but I'm a happy little bunny today.
Just got to keep it that way until Monday !!!! :8855:

I know!! We've got our work cut out!! Maybe we should have started the thread at the last minute, but we did want people to feel welcome to join and as you rightly said people have had time to start chatting before the drudgery commences lol!!:eek: I didn't ever expect the interest to be that rife though!:eek:

Ooh, just going to pop over to your diary now and find out what has made you such a happy bunny!! *Hops accross*!!X

Ahoy Ship Matey's!

Apologies for my lack of updates - I am sneaking in now with my tail between my very fat legs to confess all! :break_diet:

I went absolutely wild last weekend. I had some time booked off work with my OH and the plan was to go our for long walks with the dogs and just spend some time together. Well, we did all of that - and ended up in the pub every time. I ate my own body weight in chocolate, crisps, pub grub, wine, cider, beer - you name it, I scoffed it! I didn't even give a second thought to what I was eating never mind how much damage I was doing! :whistle:

Anyway, upshot is over the last 2 weeks I have GAINED 7 WHOLE POUNDS! :sign0007: I feel grotty as hell with a cold to boot!!!! However, I am half way through a super angelic day and not craving any badness whatsoever - so rather than beating myself up over a bingetastic couple of weeks - I am praising myself for being so good today! :D

If I beat myself up my silly little mind will make me want to scoff more in the "sod it", rebellious attitude - but the only person I will be hurting is myself - right??

Anyway, so there we have it - looks like I finish the challenge with a 3.5lb GAIN - oh my days!!! How very embarrassing! :eek:

*Makes a sharp exit*

Sooooo easily done Kat!! I know you WILL be beating yourself up about it, but it's just one week of over-indulgence!! I can easily (and have done!) gain that much in a week but don't forget the golden rule- easy on, easy off!!! I keep saying it but it's true!! You can remove that gain in 2 weeks with a little focus!! It's not all fat, but mainly bloat! Simples!! Don't worry about not completing the task- just set yourself another challenge- so are you joining us for the Advent Calendar Girls one which starts on Monday? Pwetty pleeease!! This one's been so much fun!!XXX

heather can i say 7lb for the new challenge please.yeah i did have a bad week last week,so its my own fault,but doing well so far ,well for the last 4 days anyway,fingers crossed,have got cinema on wed night with my boys so i gonna try my hardest,gonna pack myself off with a curly wurly ,pack of velvet crunch and a diet coke,will smuggle it in lol x

Hey Lealea!! Of course you can!! How did the cinema trip go? Did you stick to plan? OMG the prices they expect people to pay for food and drink in the cinema these days- I think they pretty much expect people to take their own stuff in!! XXX

Totally off-topic, has anyone else had any problems entering Facebook this evening? I went to the site to log on and a message from Norton/Symantec (our virus protection software) came up on my computer screen to say that entry to the site is not recommended as it is a known fraudulent site!! There was an option to continue to the site anyway, but I'm a bit scared to incase there's some kind of hacking problem going on at the moment?!!! Or maybe it's my computer playing up?!! I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has experienced the same!!X

Oh god, that means I've lost 1.

No, panic not, I forgot to enter Gonnabesmall (Leanne) into the list because she posted on the current H&B challenge that she wished to join which I forgot about as she didn't post in the actual new thread!!!X

Totally off-topic, has anyone else had any problems entering Facebook this evening? I went to the site to log on and a message from Norton/Symantec (our virus protection software) came up on my computer screen to say that entry to the site is not recommended as it is a known fraudulent site!! There was an option to continue to the site anyway, but I'm a bit scared to incase there's some kind of hacking problem going on at the moment?!!! Or maybe it's my computer playing up?!! I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has experienced the same!!X
I had this happen a few weeks ago with my antivirus and firewall (I use Zonelabs). So I did a check around and couldn't find anything.

I've basically abandoned FB though as I was getting so fed up with all the changes they've made in the last few momths. I know things in the IT world move on and need to improve (LOL I spent 30 years of my life trying to convince clients to do just this!) but they've fixed things that weren't broke.

I can't find loads of things on there now and I hate the new News Feed.

Last edited:
Thanks BeveroonA! Yes I just saw the post from Leia née Princess! So updated my end! Re FB, I've figured it must just be a random check by Norton as I'm perfectly able to enter via my phone so I'm just going to ignore it! I'm wholeheartedly unable to abandon FB!! I would miss out on so much banter and I just LOVE to nose at peoples' photos and enter whole new worlds I never knew existed! Plus I get kept up to date on what's new in my fave clothes stores and what people are eating for breakfast...yes, I confess, I live in a sad sad world....x

I'm a big blobby challenge failure!!! I gained this week. Pants.
I've not been too good on this challenge - onto the next one and I promise you all, and myself, that I will be a good girl.
I REALLY want to get back to target!!

jaylou said:
I'm a big blobby challenge failure!!! I gained this week. Pants.
I've not been too good on this challenge - onto the next one and I promise you all, and myself, that I will be a good girl.
I REALLY want to get back to target!!

Ooh I doubt that very much lovely lady!! So what was the damage? Nowt that can't be kicked into touch next week I bet! Just carry it over into the new challenge and see it as a fresh start! You WILL get back to Target because you want to so much and you're not a quitter! XxX

Back