Hev & Bev's 12 week countdown to target- Everyone welcome!!!

Powla - do not give up yet! Your 3.3 lbs this week is looking like getting you SotW. Plus you only have just under 4 lbs to go to complete this challenge. Tough, but doable in 2 weeks.

well after a totally angelic week i stayed the bloody same ggrrrrr,been slow going :( im not a happy bunny today
Pants - especially when you've had a good week. But do not go off plan. Just stick to it.

just looked and I only have 2.5lb to complete the challenge, thats totally do able! sudden increase in motivation! lol x
2.5 is very doable in 2 weeks. Go girl go.

I know im a bit late this week, but interwebs been down lol!! But pleased to report in with a 1 1/2lb loss :0)
Well done Vitology - you've only got 3 lbs to go to meet your 2nd challenge!!!

Last edited:
Hi Powla! Ha ha this amused me greatly that you got myself Hev and Bev mixed up! Although my Mum is also quite doolally at times, so we have sumink in common- as well as rhyming names!!
I think you may be right with that one, Hev/Bev (lol) plus you both also have time for my ramblings

Bev is indeed right in saying that I am a staff nurse on a cardio-thoracic ITU (in Swansea). I work three 12.5 hour shifts per week, well strictly speaking six per fortnight (that's how it works) and these are a mixture of days and nights, plus overtime on top which I try and do sometimes to top up the ol' pennies! I enjoy the work- in basic terms we look after patients after mainly open heart surgery but also lung surgery, during the critical stages, so most are ventilated and on lots of infusions and invasive monitoring devices. We stabilise them and wean them off things where possible! It's intense when I'm there (here! I'm on nights as I write-on my break ...Zzzzzzz!) but having a fair few days off does help as all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy!! And having great colleagues is also half the battle!! What do you do? X
Wow! Do I admire you? Make no wonder you feel the need to do overtime. That must be the worst paid job in the whole wide world, given the work you put in.And the responsibilities must be huge,(given the nature of "Lets blame someone and sue them," thankfully, we are free of that... for the moment) And not to get political, the present Government are asking people to help out with 'their own' Right and wrong, I say,
As for me, a meagre 'beer server', working 4 days a week in, sometimes, searing heat... and other times, I rather wish I could just sit and join the 'servees'

Aaah Loro Park ....Omg you MUST go there! They have the best penguin enclosure EVER- in natural habitat-like conditions and you can go on a tour and see how they simulate the ice and meet the penguins in person!! And the other animals and birds are awesome too!
We shall make an effort next time Hev. It does seem a bit sad that you are 2000 miles away,and have been. And we were 10 mins away. You have seen it....we haven't.. How often does that happen on 'touristy bits' on your own doorstep then? (I used to live 10 miles outside York, and only went there) to shop!

Oooh Powla there are still two weeks to go of this challenge yet which means 16 days for some participants to get a few lbs off! Plenty of time left yet! Starting the new one before completing this one would TOTALLY mess with my OCD and obsession with compartmentalisation!! Soz to be the tough guy here but let's complete this one first and then all start off on the same footing lol! :) Nice try though- I admire your determination! XxXxX[/QUOTE]
Ok, I shall give it a whirl. It is my three days off now, so starting Wednesday, watch this space
Thank you for you encouragement too, plus I wish you all the best.
Umm, I also hope it is... sort of alright to reply to you on this fashion. I am sure (please) that you will let me know, if it is not 'the done thing'

Hi Powla! Ha ha this amused me greatly that you got myself Hev and Bev mixed up! Although my Mum is also quite doolally at times, so we have sumink in common- as well as rhyming names!!
I think you may be right with that one, Hev/Bev (lol) plus you both also have time for my ramblings

Bev is indeed right in saying that I am a staff nurse on a cardio-thoracic ITU (in Swansea). I work three 12.5 hour shifts per week, well strictly speaking six per fortnight (that's how it works) and these are a mixture of days and nights, plus overtime on top which I try and do sometimes to top up the ol' pennies! I enjoy the work- in basic terms we look after patients after mainly open heart surgery but also lung surgery, during the critical stages, so most are ventilated and on lots of infusions and invasive monitoring devices. We stabilise them and wean them off things where possible! It's intense when I'm there (here! I'm on nights as I write-on my break ...Zzzzzzz!) but having a fair few days off does help as all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy!! And having great colleagues is also half the battle!! What do you do? X
Wow! Do I admire you? Make no wonder you feel the need to do overtime. That must be the worst paid job in the whole wide world, given the work you put in.And the responsibilities must be huge,(given the nature of "Lets blame someone and sue them," thankfully, we are free of that... for the moment) And not to get political, the present Government are asking people to help out with 'their own' Right and wrong, I say,
As for me, a meagre 'beer server', working 4 days a week in, sometimes, searing heat... and other times, I rather wish I could just sit and join the 'servees'

Aaah Loro Park ....Omg you MUST go there! They have the best penguin enclosure EVER- in natural habitat-like conditions and you can go on a tour and see how they simulate the ice and meet the penguins in person!! And the other animals and birds are awesome too!
We shall make an effort next time Hev. It does seem a bit sad that you are 2000 miles away,and have been. And we were 10 mins away. You have seen it....we haven't.. How often does that happen on 'touristy bits' on your own doorstep then? (I used to live 10 miles outside York, and only went there) to shop!

Oooh Powla there are still two weeks to go of this challenge yet which means 16 days for some participants to get a few lbs off! Plenty of time left yet! Starting the new one before completing this one would TOTALLY mess with my OCD and obsession with compartmentalisation!! Soz to be the tough guy here but let's complete this one first and then all start off on the same footing lol! :) Nice try though- I admire your determination! XxXxX
Ok, I shall give it a whirl. It is my three days off now, so starting Wednesday, watch this space
Thank you for you encouragement too, plus I wish you all the best.
Umm, I also hope it is... sort of alright to reply to you on this fashion. I am sure (please) that you will let me know, if it is not 'the done thing'
[/QUOTE]

You can reply in any way you like hunny!!! Wow barwork- now that's what I call hard work!! I sometimes help out behind the bar at dos in our village hall which is practically Trumpton compared with a busy bar in the heat of a Canaries Island!!! Hat.Off.To.You!!!! Yes definitely go to Loro Park- I bet you'll love it!!!

Sorry for the shortish reply this time- My bed is calling me!!! Just updating my food diary!!!XXXXXXX

Kerry, you can soooo do that last little bit!! You sound uber-motivated so I have every faith in you!!!!

Leanne, sorry you're disappointed in that STS but if it's undeserved and you keep it up, I'm sure you'll be a much happier bunny next week!!

WG, sounds like you're OK with your STS, but I'm sure you'll be very happy next week if you stay on plan!!

Vitology- Wow you've lost a stone in this challenge alone! That's excellent progress!! You really can lose that last 3 lb next week!! And there's always the Advent Calendar Girls Spankers challenge!!!X

So Friday night a few friends were coming round, only one was coming for tea too and had requested i made a sizzling stir fry, i thought great, thats easy to do plus SW friendly-happy days!

How wrong was I...she arrived with contraband! :eek: And lots of it - 2 bags of sensations, celebrations, sweets...and im talking the huge big christmas boxes of celebrations :eek:

The syns went through the roof! :sigh:

Oh well we had a good night, I did feel sooooooo tired the next day after all the junk :break_diet:

Back on the wagon properly today, few red days to minimise any damage. Maybe even have a fishy week

So Friday night a few friends were coming round, only one was coming for tea too and had requested i made a sizzling stir fry, i thought great, thats easy to do plus SW friendly-happy days!

How wrong was I...she arrived with contraband! :eek: And lots of it - 2 bags of sensations, celebrations, sweets...and im talking the huge big christmas boxes of celebrations :eek:

The syns went through the roof! :sigh:

Oh well we had a good night, I did feel sooooooo tired the next day after all the junk :break_diet:

Back on the wagon properly today, few red days to minimise any damage. Maybe even have a fishy week

Hunny it's a rare occurrance in the grand scheme of things and something that should be enjoyed without guilt!! 7 1/2 stone lost...you deserve that!!!XXXXXXXXXX

I didnt even enjoy it! And felt ill after-so not worth it! You never know it might give the old metabolism a boost - heres hoping!

Got some body magic in with the game we were playing-love our "board game nights" - little amuses the innocent ;)

funcurls said:
Kerry, you can soooo do that last little bit!! You sound uber-motivated so I have every faith in you!!!!

Leanne, sorry you're disappointed in that STS but if it's undeserved and you keep it up, I'm sure you'll be a much happier bunny next week!!

WG, sounds like you're OK with your STS, but I'm sure you'll be very happy next week if you stay on plan!!

Vitology- Wow you've lost a stone in this challenge alone! That's excellent progress!! You really can lose that last 3 lb next week!! And there's always the Advent Calendar Girls Spankers challenge!!!X

Fingers crossed, tho the last couple of weeks ive been over doing the syns a great deal, saw some photos the other half took of me last week earlier and im not impressed i look like a blimp!!! Feel so crappy today :0(
Now whats this advent calendar girls challenge???? Xx

I didnt even enjoy it! And felt ill after-so not worth it! You never know it might give the old metabolism a boost - heres hoping!
I know how you feel - had a lovely meal out on Friday for hubby's birthday and made a complete pig of myself. But felt sooooo bloated on Saturday.

Results of the week 11 jury are as follows [this week WI]

With only 2 WIs to go, there are 4 people that have completed the challenge although Krupskaya and Vitololgy added some more poundage to their challenge.

Plus there are a further 6 people within 3 lbs of meeting the challenge.

The rest of us (me included) . . . well lets be kind and say we have a bit more to go. :wave_cry:

Beverley8603 - 19 lbs (2 lbs lost ~ 17 lbs to go)
Ellebear - 7 lbs (4.5 lbs lost ~ 2.5 lbs to go)
Emmaline - 10 lbs (8 lbs lost ~ 2 lbs to go)
Fillymum - 8 lbs (3 lbs lost ~ 5 lbs to go)
Funcurls - 12.5 lbs (12.5 lbs lost ~ 0 lbs to go)
* FUNCURLS HAS REACHED TARGET AND COMPLETED THE CHALLENGE!!!
Gembear - 14.5 lbs (2 lbs lost ~ 12.5 lbs to go)
Ginlin - 2 lbs (2 lbs lost ~ 0 lbs to go)
* GINLIN HAS REACHED TARGET AND COMPLETED THE CHALLENGE!!!
Gonnabesmall - 10 lbs (5.5 lbs lost ~ 4.5 lbs to go)
Jaylou - 8 lbs (3 lbs lost ~ 5 lbs to go)
Katerpillar - 7 lbs (3.5 lbs lost ~ 3.5 lbs to go)
Kerryathome - 7 lbs (4.5 lbs lost ~ 2.5 lbs to go)
Krupskaya - 10 lbs (4 lbs lost ~7 lbs to go)
* NB Krupskaya has already completed challenge but reset!
Leapfrog - 10 lbs (7.75 lbs lost ~ 2.25 lbs to go)
mummy84 - 14 lbs (4.5 lbs lost ~ 9.5 lbs to go)
Ninnins - 12 lbs (9 lbs lost ~ 3 lbs to go)
Pesty - 10 lbs (2 lbs lost ~ 8 lbs to go)
Pommette - 10.5 lbs (6.25 lbs lost ~ 4.25 lbs to go)
Powla - 7 lbs (-3.5 lbs lost ~ 3.5 lbs to go)
Trango - 12.5 lbs (5.5 lbs lost ~ 7 lbs to go)
Vitology - 17 lbs (14 lbs lost ~ 3 lbs to go)
* VITOLOGY HAS COMPLETED THE CHALLENGE (LOST 12lb) BUT EXTENDED!!!
Woodland Girl - 8 lbs (1.7 lbs lost ~ 6.3 lbs to go)

49842-albums3274-picture19734.jpg
SotW goes to Powla for a great 1.5 kg loss = 3.3 lbs

[Hevs - can you check your sums please for Katerpillar and Krupskaya. Katerpillar had a gain this week which I think you have done the wrong way. And Krupskaya also reported in with a gain. Sorry].

Last edited:
Morning folks.

Well an unexpected loss for me. And I really do not know how. On Friday I was up, on Saturday I was back to same as last week (after a HUGE meal on Friday night) and this morning I've lost 2 lbs. :D

How?? I know the human body is a law unto itself but I am completely flummoxed.

So - I have 1 kg to go to get to target!! Can I do it in a week?
Not sure, but I'm going to give it a bloody good go!

So my stats are now 8¼ lbs lost with 2¼ lbs to go !! :bliss:

Off topic but has anybody any bright ideas of what I could get my granny for her birthday tomorrow :eek: Ive got her the usual jewellery, scarf etc the last few years. Or I could cook dinner for her at the weekend?

NINNINS- Isn't it funny how we want these indulgences at the time and then feel so rubbish afterwards!! Oh well I suppose that's a good thing as it makes us WANT to get back on track again and put good stuff into ourselves!! Re Granny's pressie, how about something from Past Times? They have lush stuff and there's a sale on at the moment!! Gifts For Grandma | Gift Finder |Gift Ideas by Recipient - Past Times | Gifts | Gift Ideas | Present Ideas - Past Times | Past Times

VITOLOGY- Well at the end of this 'ere challenge we are starting a new one for the lead up til Christmas!! Starts 17th Oct!! Hope you're in!!

BEV- Well well well !!! Brilliant news re your loss!! I'm sure you've had some good days that have led to that result?!! I think we're very good at focusing on all the bad things we've had when actually there are often lots of good habits/moments thrown in there too!!!

Well I'm off to WI in 2 hours time and judging by my own scales it looks like I've about STS from last week, which means I basically haven't got rid of any of my large post-target celebratory gain!! despite best efforts and I really have been good this week!! But there are 2 things that are against me this week which nearly always affect me- 1) blinkin' *week (due Wed) and 2) just worked four pesky night shifts which nearly always cause fluid retention!! I'm missing next week as it's hubby's bday and my parents will be up to stay so I plan to be really really on track and get this gain off by the 17th in two weeks time!! Simples!!X

Thats where her Christamas present (and granda actually) came from last year! Great minds! Will have a looksie and see if anything catches my eye.

Good luck with WI tonight-might be better than you expect

And I defo see it as a good thing how sluggish etc I feel after eating rubbish for putting off future binges! I somehow need to flick that switch on my brain that says you can just eat a little bit of it and stop. Havent managed that just yet! Thats why I tend to use my syns in my meals

Hi folks well I lost the 1/2lb needed to get back into 'target range'! OK, it's not target itself, but just being within the allowed range in line with the SW rules I feel that I'm a maintaining success!!! OK, I'm not trying to fool anyone that I'm pleased with myself for not shifting the celebratory gain which I'd hoped to do this week but I'm making allowances for myself due to *week and night shifts and the fluid aspect of things!! If I don't kick ass next week I know I'll have to have a word with myself!!!

Ninnins how funny that their pressies came from Past Times last year!! Well it is a really lovely shop with gorge vintagey things and you are obviously a woman of good taste so it's not surprising XXX I totally relate to what you're saying about 'flicking that switch'!! I strongly believe that I haven't actually cured my 'addiction' for food and compulsive/emotional eating tendencies! The old habits sooo easily come back to haunt me now and again!! But what I feel I've done is learnt ways to control them most of the time which is the important bit!! And I KNOW that I will have to keep working at it and constantly keep an eye on my weight and stay part of the SW community (here and at group) in order to prevent unwanted mishaps that get out of hand!!!X

funcurls said:
NINNINS- Isn't it funny how we want these indulgences at the time and then feel so rubbish afterwards!! Oh well I suppose that's a good thing as it makes us WANT to get back on track again and put good stuff into ourselves!! Re Granny's pressie, how about something from Past Times? They have lush stuff and there's a sale on at the moment!! Gifts For Grandma | Gift Finder |Gift Ideas by Recipient - Past Times | Gifts | Gift Ideas | Present Ideas - Past Times | Past Times

VITOLOGY- Well at the end of this 'ere challenge we are starting a new one for the lead up til Christmas!! Starts 17th Oct!! Hope you're in!!

BEV- Well well well !!! Brilliant news re your loss!! I'm sure you've had some good days that have led to that result?!! I think we're very good at focusing on all the bad things we've had when actually there are often lots of good habits/moments thrown in there too!!!

Well I'm off to WI in 2 hours time and judging by my own scales it looks like I've about STS from last week, which means I basically haven't got rid of any of my large post-target celebratory gain!! despite best efforts and I really have been good this week!! But there are 2 things that are against me this week which nearly always affect me- 1) blinkin' *week (due Wed) and 2) just worked four pesky night shifts which nearly always cause fluid retention!! I'm missing next week as it's hubby's bday and my parents will be up to stay so I plan to be really really on track and get this gain off by the 17th in two weeks time!! Simples!!X

Ooooooohhhhh i am in!!!!!! :0) xxx

Back