1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

HEXs --how do you 'spend 'yours?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by eye6769, 24 June 2009 Social URL.

1. eye6769

eye6769 Vegetarian who lives2eat

Does anyone think it makes a different to your weight loss as to which way you 'spend' your HEXs . I only do green and I can have cheese on A and B, if I have 2 lots of cheese per day, maybe some on a pizza and 2 mini babybels will I lose weight the same if used the HEXs for bread or milk ?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. sugababy60

sugababy60 Well-Known Member

i do extra easy and have 1 a and b which usually goes on milk and porridge for breakfast

4. eye6769

eye6769 Vegetarian who lives2eat

Must be really hard to only have 1 a&b, so you have to syn your cheese then?

5. sugababy60

sugababy60 Well-Known Member

yea if i want any more healthy a or b's i have to syn them i think they are 6 syns each or something but i usually look the syns up in the book. i'm not really a cheese fan anyway to be honest. I think you should be ok no matter what you use your healthy a and b one as long as your sticking to what your allowed i'm not sure TBH.

6. cocktailprincess

cocktailprincess Still rockin' it

I do EE mostly so the HEXs are really precious.

Usually use B on brekkie- nimble, alpen light bars, crunchy oatbakes or ryvita

If I don't need the A for cheese or cheese spread then I splurge it all on a skinny sugar free vanilla latte from Starbucks- these are FIT!

Don't actually think it makes a difference to your loss unless you chose a 'speed' B choice (2 ryvitas instead of 4, etc). All HEXs are approx 120 cals so contain the same energy

7. Sarah-Jayne

Sarah-Jayne Well-Known Member

I have 1 A which is always my skimmed milk and I also have 2 B's which is normally used as fruit 'n' fiber, 2 slices of Nimble bread, 28g of porridge oats or 2 Alpen Light bars.

8. jaylou

jaylou Well-Known Member

I don't think it matters what you use them on, I bet a lot of people don't vary them too much.
    Mine are always milk for A choice and cheese if I need it, and usually a Hi Fi bar and ryvita or bread for B choices.
    It's all calories at the end of the day and as cocktailprincess says they are mostly 120 cals.

SW do say it's good to vary your foods but I wouldn't worry too much what you use them on.

9. Beki

Beki Well-Known Member

On EE i mostly have 250ml semi skimmed milk (HEa) and 3x slices WW bread (HEb)

On green or red i have cheese aswell :)

10. Donnie46

Donnie46 Slow but sure....

My 2 HEXA'a are usually skimmed milk and 3 light Babybel cheese's - and my HEXB's are 2 Alpen light bars and 2 slices of WW wholemeal bread or the occassional potatoes on a red day.....

I am still getting into the diet and I'm a bit afraid to steer away from what is working for me, I hope I can be a bit more adventurous with my HEX's as I get more confident with the diet.

11. Beki

Beki Well-Known Member

Donnie - did you know you can have 3x WW malted danish, not just two?! :D

12. Sarah-Jayne

Speaking of that Beki, can I have three slices of Nimble bread a day instead of two? I think I can but dont wanna get home later to do some toast and find out I cant lol

13. Starlight

Starlight Well-Known Member

If Im having a green day I use milk & cheddar cheese as my HexA and usually Alpen and bread/ryvita for me HexB

If Im having an EE day it tends to be Milk & Alpen I opt for

14. Donnie46

I do know that Beki thank you, but I have the new WW thicker bread, it's been bought out for toasting - it also holds a sandwich filler better too, but I do have a couple of the malted danish loaves in my freezer because sometimes I have a job to find the thicker loaves.

Thanks Beki, and good luck with your WI tomorrow, I have my fingers crossed for you. X

15. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

O EE I usually have skimmed milk for an A but occasionally use it for cheese. My B's I sometimes have a job to eat! I have cereal a couple of times a week, avoid bread , so often I will use EVOO to make it up

16. Donnie46

Judi, can I ask what EVOO is please, I don't think I have come across this before, thank you.

17. Beki

Beki Well-Known Member

it's only 2 slices of nimble i'm afraid :( seems silly as they're basically pure air, like the WW bread! LOL

18. Beki

Beki Well-Known Member

Thanks for the luck - i'm going to need it! LOL :eek:

Glad you know about the WW bread - didn't want you to be doing yourself out of HEb's!!! :eek: :D

19. salsaqueen

salsaqueen Well-Known Member

I'm doing EE so I always have skimmed milk and a packet of mini ryvitas, can't stand cheese so no problem there. I use the skimmed milk in my nespresso machine and make myself a skinny latte.

20. Sarah-Jayne

Aw bummer lol thanks anyway Beki x

21. cocktailprincess

cocktailprincess Still rockin' it

mmmmmmmm........Pagen krisprolls (3 = HEX B) with chopped egg on them. My absolute favourite brekkie. I would eat these even if I wasn't on SW