Hey all, some advice required

BigS

Real name Seán
Not sure what to do here. Up to last week I'd lost 3st 1lb in 5 weeks. That brought me down to 17st 13lb. I'm a big heavyset fella from droing weights years back so any lower than 15st and I may look ill. I've my 30th coming up in October. I'm unsure when to start refeed and maintanence and give up the TFR.

I was going to start training in the gym this week but am unsure if this is adviceable considering I nearly faint every time I stand up. If I was to start refeed this week and combine it with the training for an hour in the gym/pool then I'm assuming I'll still lose weight then from there continue with training and just eating right. I could probably do the TFR for another fortnight also but am afraid of overworking my body.

What would be best ? There is no chance of falling into old habits in my current mindset, I'd just like to coincide some weightloss with fitness and muscle toning.

:clap::clap: Wow thats a brilliant loss.
i dont know the answer to your question but hope someone more knowledgable helps.
Well done.

Hi Sean
Its entirely upto you. I was unsure when to refeed and I was advised to get to my target weight then refeed.
I think you need to be eating properly before you start lifting weights again, esp due to you being a fainter ;)
I am hoping to get back into the gym thing next week when kids are back at school, but i'm just going to take it easy and see how I feel with the dizziness etc.
Good luck whatever you do. You've done well so far and its been enjoyable reading your funny posts!
Emma x

Hi Sean
Its entirely upto you. I was unsure when to refeed and I was advised to get to my target weight then refeed.
I think you need to be eating properly before you start lifting weights again, esp due to you being a fainter ;)
I am hoping to get back into the gym thing next week when kids are back at school, but i'm just going to take it easy and see how I feel with the dizziness etc.
Good luck whatever you do. You've done well so far and its been enjoyable reading your funny posts!
Emma x

No matter what I do I'll still post on here, it's good craic. I've started doing weights to pump my guns and sit-ups every morning and evening. Will see how the weigh-in goes this Monday. My initial aim was always geared towards my next drink being the end of the 1st week in October. The weight I've lost so far has allowed me to step up walking without my shins aching and I'll be then moving onto a bit of running. I'm just at that crossroad part. The more I think about it the more I might just give it another 2 weeks brining me to 8 weeks then step up the training from there.

I think if it were me, and like you've suggested, I'd go with another 2 weeks and than reconsider with a view to possibly starting refeeding then.

Hello Sean,

You have lost an astonishing amount of weight very quickly

I had some dizzy spells on LT early on (I have low blood-pressure) so I just carried little sachets of salt and drank more water.

I needed to stop for a little while (lifestyle rather than health) - I refed via Atkins and then moved onto the South Beach Diet which has lots of good protein, fats and carbs. By some miracle, I haven't regained even a pound of what I lost on LT. Whatever you decide, good luck!

Hi Sean

I think you need to consider your health before anything, if you are starting to feel a bit dizzy I'd talk to your pharmacist or GP.

You will know when to stop LT, what I will say is my ex recently lost 5 stones taking him down to 16 stones, he is a big guy as well from weights etc and having seen him recently he don't look ill and looks great even tho his GP says he's still 3 stones overweight! (And I'd have him back tomorrow!).

Do what you think is right, you have done amazing hun! x

hey Sean, i know exactly where you are coming from, Im ignoring the BMI as i too am a heavyset fella and for me to go down to 13s3lb which is the top end of the BMI would be ridiculous.. Im just over 15 now and already look gauntish.... i reckon its totally upto you mate, refeed, train etc whenever you want to want to... maybe do another couple weeks like you say, maybe switch to another diet like atkins where you can eat loads of protein/meatsect so you can gym and train... Im stopping in a fortnight (just because i have 2 weeks of TFR in the house) and going over to Atkins... keep us posted what you do mate, we in similar boats...

Sean you'll lose another 20lbs in the next 4 weeks - just think where that would take you. You'll find exercising on TFR little or no problem if you bring it up really gradually and don't take into it like a day's work!

As you probably know, I started just walking about 4 weeks ago, and this morning I ran 10 miles after just half a shake to get me going! Exercising in ketosis is a really efficient way to burn fat - even gentle exercise. No, you won't gain any muscle bulk yet, but yes you will burn fat and get cardio fitness from it.

Having fallen off the wagon a little myself, I'm begging you - don't waste this chance to have weight melt off you. Atkins is a brilliant place to go from TFR, but leave it until October - you'll look back and be glad you did!

Other than that lot, I'm not really bothered what you do. :p

Hiya, Like everyone else I would say just take it easy to start with and build on it from there, I'd also listen to your body really more than anything and you'll know when your pushing yourself at bit too far.

I've started on my treadmill properly again since starting LT, I'm still doing an hour as i always did but i'm increasing the spead up a notch (or two) at a time, once i feel i'm used to that i add a minute of an MPH faster then back to the first speed, then 1:15 and so on until the next time i'm able to start on the higher speed throughout the hour. (somedays i do more or less depending how i feel).

Maybe you could do the same with the weights, go at a weight your happy with then do a few minutes with a heavier one, if you feel your pushing yourself too hard or your going to faint etc stop and go back to the lighter again? Then build up from there. Just be aware of the tipping point for fainting etc.

But what ever you choose do, don't push your self too far by thinking i can do this and ignoring your body or you'll end up in hospital (just like i did!) lol

Take care and good luck with it and well done on the weight loss so far. :)

Cath.

Back