Hey everyone...newbie in town :)

trimNslim

Silver Member
Hi,

I'm a newbie on here but im not new to dieting!

I have tried every diet under the sun, yet im still the biggest i have ever been (by far).

Ive decided to keep it simple and count what calories i take in Vs what calories i burn.

I'm a big girl and i have a lot to lose so i am starting my target daily calorie intake at 1500cals a day...does this sound about right?

I am actually looking forward to getting started because i had majorly lost my way with it this last year and i need to get back into healthy living!

Hope you are all well and good luck on the calorie countie journey :)

Thanks

Welcome!!

I'm on 1500cals a day too.
I've done every diet too and this is by far the easiest I've done and the best I've ever done on a diet 17lb off so far!
If u have a smart phone I'd recommend my fitness pal. It tracks all your calories has loads of food items saved onto it or u could scan food items too.

Good luck any qs just ask xx

WELL DONE!!! 17lbs is fantastic!!!

Thanks for the tips!! hopefully it works for me this time :)

Thank you

Hi I'm nee too and need to lose a fait bit! I'm also on 1500 calories and working so far 5lb off in first two weeks. We can all keep each other updated on how its going x

That's great!!! Well done!

I've been advised on her to up my cals to 1800 (due to my starting weight) So I'm trying that as of today! Fingers crossed!!

Are you doing ok with 1500?

We will defo do this!!! I'm really liking this site and the lovely people I've been talking to on here!

That's great!!! Well done!

I've been advised on her to up my cals to 1800 (due to my starting weight) So I'm trying that as of today! Fingers crossed!!

Are you doing ok with 1500?

We will defo do this!!! I'm really liking this site and the lovely people I've been talking to on here!

Not sure how big is big but are started at 21stone (5'11) and 1700 calories which seemed about right.
1500 would have been too low for me
I've lost 49lb since August.

Currently having a week or so of slightly higher 1900 calories as struggling to come in under target.

I've actually upped my calories from 1500 to 1600 and having a steady loss so far lost 7lb in 3 weeks which is better than I have done with ww or sw! I'm high 14s at the mo weight wise started at 17 but am noticing more inch loss as dropped a clothes size! How you finding it? X

I've actually upped my calories from 1500 to 1600 and having a steady loss so far lost 7lb in 3 weeks which is better than I have done with ww or sw! I'm high 14s at the mo weight wise started at 17 but am noticing more inch loss as dropped a clothes size! How you finding it? X

Sorry for the delay...I really thought I had replied to you already :)

Well done on your weight loss!! And losing a dress size is fantastic!!!

I'm finding it ok thanks, I can't lie, now and then I just want to eat anything and everything lol, but I'm reigning that it! I'm much heavier than you so I don't tend to see/feel my weight loss very quickly. I lost 3st last year and you couldn't even tell I'd lost a pound! And slowly but surely I gained the 3st back (and more). But I'm going to keep at it this time...for definite!!
I'm starting at 1800 cals (which seems really high, but coz I'm 29st It seems to work) then as I lose weight I can decrease that amount of cals.

How's your week been?

Merry Xmas everyone x

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! Xx

Sorry for the delay...I really thought I had replied to you already :)

Well done on your weight loss!! And losing a dress size is fantastic!!!

I'm finding it ok thanks, I can't lie, now and then I just want to eat anything and everything lol, but I'm reigning that it! I'm much heavier than you so I don't tend to see/feel my weight loss very quickly. I lost 3st last year and you couldn't even tell I'd lost a pound! And slowly but surely I gained the 3st back (and more). But I'm going to keep at it this time...for definite!!
I'm starting at 1800 cals (which seems really high, but coz I'm 29st It seems to work) then as I lose weight I can decrease that amount of cals.

How's your week been?

Merry Xmas everyone x

I've just read this now. I'm at 3stone gone as you know, and you're right, I don't look like ive lost anything ! It's quite frustrating really coz it's a hell of alot of weight! I'm hoping by 5 stone down, people will actually notice but I'll still be 24 stone! Even 10 stone down I'll still be 19 stone! Argh!! At least me and you are in it together now! Same starting weight etc! Wish you lived closer so we could go on fatty sweaty panty walks together lol :D xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I've just read this now. I'm at 3stone gone as you know, and you're right, I don't look like ive lost anything ! It's quite frustrating really coz it's a hell of alot of weight! I'm hoping by 5 stone down, people will actually notice but I'll still be 24 stone! Even 10 stone down I'll still be 19 stone! Argh!! At least me and you are in it together now! Same starting weight etc! Wish you lived closer so we could go on fatty sweaty panty walks together lol :D xx

haha! aww that would be good! its a shame we live so far away from each other! its weird how similar our experiences have been, but yet it's comforting at the same time (if you know what i mean lol). i think by 5st down people will be able to notice hun! and the 3st you have already lost is a huge achievement! Have you gone down a dress size? i cant wait to start getting in smaller clothes :)

xx

haha! aww that would be good! its a shame we live so far away from each other! its weird how similar our experiences have been, but yet it's comforting at the same time (if you know what i mean lol). i think by 5st down people will be able to notice hun! and the 3st you have already lost is a huge achievement! Have you gone down a dress size? i cant wait to start getting in smaller clothes :)

xx

Yeah I fit into some size 28 tops and I have a size 28 skirt that will fit when I lose about an inch round the waist! I was 32/34 in some clothes and am still wearing them as can't afford new ones. I will skip 30 which is what I must be now 28/30, and get some 28 clothes soon and they can last me a few months. Maybe I could sell them all to you :D

It's nice to be able to look at slightly smaller sizes :)

How tall are you and what size did you start at?

I'll be glad of some smaller bras! They are so expensive for bigger sizes! X

Lol good idea, we could set up a clothes swap shop :)

I'm quite tall so that helps :) I'm 5'10 and currently hovering between a size 30 & 28. It's that awkward stage where 30s are too big but 28s are too small! Very annoying lol!

For years I fluctuated between 22,24 and 26 so most of my clothes are those sizes so at least they will see me through as I (hopefully) lose the weight!
What dress size would you like to be? I'm aiming for 14/16!

Do you find it difficult to get clothes? I get so bored of the same 2 shops I can buy from in town & not to mention how pricey they are these days. I tend to use the Internet more now for clothes shopping (not that I buy much! I refuse to buy many at this size lol)

Have a good day hun x

Lol good idea, we could set up a clothes swap shop :)

I'm quite tall so that helps :) I'm 5'10 and currently hovering between a size 30 & 28. It's that awkward stage where 30s are too big but 28s are too small! Very annoying lol!

For years I fluctuated between 22,24 and 26 so most of my clothes are those sizes so at least they will see me through as I (hopefully) lose the weight!
What dress size would you like to be? I'm aiming for 14/16!

Do you find it difficult to get clothes? I get so bored of the same 2 shops I can buy from in town & not to mention how pricey they are these days. I tend to use the Internet more now for clothes shopping (not that I buy much! I refuse to buy many at this size lol)

Have a good day hun x

Im also 5ft 10. And yes I found it hard buying clothes. I live in the back end of nowhere so only have Evans to shop in and I hate it so I did it all online.
Yeah i have a few items in smaller sizes but not many. It'll be a case of 2 or 3 outfits for a while so it's lucky I don't go out much!

I'm aiming for 12 stone so what ever size that is on me! Before i had my son I was a 14/16 and it suited me. Not too thin, but curvy and I had alot of male attention!! I thought i was fat then!!!

So yeah, just to be looking normal is what I'd like! To be an 18 would be great, to be out of the 20s. I'm looking forward to seeing how my body changes as the fat drops off!

You defo spurred me on yesterday... I want to thank you again for that, although I know it wasnt intentional. But your chair disaster wasn't in vain, I am now back on track and had a good 1300 cal day yesterday and today looks to be about 1000 even with a chicken biryani :) it's a very filling meal for only about 600 cals. Can give you the recipe if you want. Made beef stew yesterday and it was a big bowlful of mostly veg and some beef and very little fat, so that too was only about 400 cals.

Xx

Pembrokeshire - is that in wales near to Kington?

I've never heard of Kington! Pembrokeshire is a county in Wales uk x

Im also 5ft 10. And yes I found it hard buying clothes. I live in the back end of nowhere so only have Evans to shop in and I hate it so I did it all online.
Yeah i have a few items in smaller sizes but not many. It'll be a case of 2 or 3 outfits for a while so it's lucky I don't go out much!

I'm aiming for 12 stone so what ever size that is on me! Before i had my son I was a 14/16 and it suited me. Not too thin, but curvy and I had alot of male attention!! I thought i was fat then!!!

So yeah, just to be looking normal is what I'd like! To be an 18 would be great, to be out of the 20s. I'm looking forward to seeing how my body changes as the fat drops off!

You defo spurred me on yesterday... I want to thank you again for that, although I know it wasnt intentional. But your chair disaster wasn't in vain, I am now back on track and had a good 1300 cal day yesterday and today looks to be about 1000 even with a chicken biryani :) it's a very filling meal for only about 600 cals. Can give you the recipe if you want. Made beef stew yesterday and it was a big bowlful of mostly veg and some beef and very little fat, so that too was only about 400 cals.

Xx

Another thing we have in common :) being tall!

I'm really pleased I spurred you on! Intentionally or not lol! Ooh those meals sound delish...I'd love the recipes please! I love curry :)

I'm still upset about the chair incident, and normally when I'm upset I normally eat. So it's weird not comfort eating!

Well done for Sticking to your cals hun! Xx

Another thing we have in common :) being tall!

I'm really pleased I spurred you on! Intentionally or not lol! Ooh those meals sound delish...I'd love the recipes please! I love curry :)

I'm still upset about the chair incident, and normally when I'm upset I normally eat. So it's weird not comfort eating!

Well done for Sticking to your cals hun! Xx

Don't eat!! You'll be fine.
It is upsetting and embarrassing and I'm sure you're worried about what other people are thinking etc but don't worry about that. They are prob just glad it didn't happen to them and just felt sorry for you that it happened. Let it spur you on too.

In a years time you will be able to glide your bum in and out of any chair!

Have you measures yourself? I measured my upper arms, thighs, bottom tummy and top tummy! Then measure again in say 3 months and you'll be amazed! I was! I think I lost 13 inches in total after a few months. I'm going to measure again on my bday in feb.

My bf says he can get his arms round me proper now and he couldn't before. So I must have shrunk a little :) xx

Hello ladies didn't want to just read and run!

I'm a larger lady too starting weight at 17st8lb, 25lb so far gone but have not weighed after the Xmas period ( I'm too scared lol) and I can't see any difference :( it's nearly 2 stone and I still feel and think i look the same as before! Some days or if someone mentions it I might feel better but it's probably psychological! It's not stopping me from doing it as I can see the scales changing but I just wanted to say I feel the same and I hope it changes as it goes further down!
Good luck ladies ive read about some brilliant achievements!! X

Back