Hey Guys & Gals...

goolian

Fab & Fit For Florida
hey... haven't really been around for a few days...

hope everyone is keeping ok...

me and OH have dawned on a plan, we fancy going to teach abroad but i don't really know where to look...

does anyone know anyone who has done this for like a year or so and where did they look for the jobs? xx

Without wishing to sound silly, but are you teachers now? If not you can do a TEFL certificate - Teach English as a Foreign Language. You can then search for an agency wanting to employ TEFL qualified people overseas?

Otherwise Im not sure I am afraid. Have you tried Googling "overseas teaching opportunities" or "teach abroad" or something? sorry bit crap at this!!!

OH is qualified teacher, i'm not, how long would it take to do TEFL?

One of my mums friends worked in Abu dabi (don't know if that's spelt right) for about 10 years then went to China for 3 years. She's back in the UK to stay just now because one of her daughters is ill with ME but she would spend the rest of her career teaching abroad if she could.
Not sure where she found the jobs but when my mum get back from her holiday on Thursday I'll ask her for you.
I'd say go for it girl if it's something you're both passionate about, you only live once!:D

you don't always have to do a tefl. it's best to, but some agencies will train you wherever you decide to go. good luck :)

abz xx

Back