Hey guys!

Jenna88

Gold Member
Hi guys,
Some of you may recognise my username, I've posted on here twice before (well I've more than 2 posts but I mean 2 different periods of time).

I've literally just stepped off the scales and am currently disgusted with myself. I have been looking for a dress for a friends wedding recently and have had no luck so far. I decided to see what weight I was and here's what came up....

12 stone 5 pounds. I'm only 5 ft 4 so this is waaaaay too heavy!
That is equivalent to 173 pound, the ideal weight for someone of my height is 137 pounds. Which leaves me with 36 pounds to lose, 2 and a half stone. I know it will take time and I hope to God that for once I can stick to it. I would LOVE to lose at least 20 pounds by the end of January but I know it will take dedication.

I'm not going to lie, I'm lazy, I hate exercise but I'm going to try to start walking. My initial focus is going to be on drastically cutting down my food intake.

I eat pretty unhealthily and it needs to change.

Would love any advice or words of encouragement from you guys. My weigh in day is going to be on Friday's, I'm going to try and stay away from them during the week. Fingers crossed.
If you can advise me of any simple meals or good snacks I would be most appreciative.

hello, welcome back :)

I'm way more heavier than you, but i just want to let you know by doing what you're planning will work :) I too have changed to a healthy lifestyle and finally got off the couch and moved more ;)

Set yourself wee mini goals and treat yourself to non food related treats along the way..new hairstyle, pampering session, new shoes, bag etc!

Keep posting, you will get lots of support and advice on here, we are all in the same boat!

have a successful weekend :)

I wish I weighed 12lbs 5ozs. I'd be a very happy camper. I am taking my weight loss very slowly Hubby and I are doing together and I agree with everything Rose has said.

I would give up if I looked on the amount I have to lose as a huge dollop of fat. I'm taking it 1 pound at a time and concentrating on getting into a healthier lifestyle in which the weightloss is just a part.

The very best of luck to you and hang on to the thought that today is the heaviest you will ever be. You've done the hardest thing, got on the scales which are now your friend don't forget.

Oh Gosh, please don't take my moaning about my weight as personal to you...it's just waaay too much on my frame. Thanks for the support guys! I definitely will be taking it pound by pound and day by day :) I know I'll have slip ups along the way but hopefully with the support of you guys on here I'll get past them :)

Back