Hey - New here :) starting weight loss journey!

taryn

Hey everyone! wow i didnt even know a site like this existed.. its awesome :) been planning to start a SERIOUS, long term weight loss journey , ended up on this site the night before i decided to start - definitely has motivated me more! Not too sure how to use it yet - but im getting the hang of it lol! posted this in the wrong area a while ago - oops!
I weigh 187 lbs currently, and i'm 5ft8 - my ideal weight is about 130 lbs - and i want to reach it before this time next year! hoping i can do it.. wont back down :)
not doing any particular diet, just cut down completely on carbs (except for breakfast - i have cereal), no fizzies or fatty foods. 45 mins of cardio 4 times per week (going to increase to 1 hour)
reading the posts of all of you has REALLY motivated me and helped me believe in myself.. thank you :) I'm def going to be a regular user of this site - im loving it already!
xoxox ~ taryn

Thanks !
Not doing any specific diet - eating healthier meats - like fish and chicken, as often as i can. eating lots of veg, no heavy carbs, no fizzy drinks. but im not planning to stick to the diet on days like xmas - or my bday.
Increasing my activity levels by quite a bit - going onto the cycling machine every day for an hour - burn about 500 calories per session. started yesterday, going really well so far :)
are you also trying to lose weight?

2 and a half stone in 13 weeks - thats amazing!! well done
yeah the bike doesnt look too tempting haha. but when ur done with ur session and u see all the calories you've burnt it feels sooo good! its worth the sweating haha:)
thanks, good luck to you too hey!
i've been trying to lose weight for a long time now - but ive never been very serious. i know what i want but ive been too lazy to get there haha. hoping this time it will happen for once and for all :) its gonna take a while but i guess its worth it.
whats your goal - in terms of time?

Yeah it can take a while indeed! I try and break it into stages and the rewards each half stone at slimming world help encourage me with that. I think I would like to have lost another 4 stone by the end of next year....sooner if possible obviously but I want to be realistic and allow for ups and downs that are sure to crop up! After that then I will see where I am at and where to go next ;)

Well sounds like you're really geared up this time! :cool: Good Luck!

Back