Hey, Newbie with over 20 stone to lose

You sound so positive and happy love, I'm so proud of you :D Well done for such a massive change, you are a true inspiration :)

Jess - doing on your own is much better as you prove something to yourself. I never thought I could do it without the bypass but I can! They throw bypass surgery at larger people like we should be kissing their feet but long term it ties you up too much. I'd hate not being able to eat what I want, even if it's a little piece. Much prefer doing it by counting as I'm learning loads like stuff that I can eat and enjoy (used to hate salad but now I love them and can't go a meal without having some salad on the plate) and learning what makes me feel good. Much better learning curve than restricting yourself and being mutilated.

I'm still keeping at it. Even had a naughty biscuit yesterday and still counted it in ;) What I'm loving is not feeling out of breath anymore. I could barely get out of the chair and walk to the bathroom without nearly being on my knees. Now it's a breeze. Couldn't walk and talk at the same time either, but now I can :)

But I'm still sticking to it regardless of what the scales say as I can see a definite change. But nope, I won't put the picture up yet as I have no make up on and look a fright ;) But Christmas I will as it'll be about time.
xx

Love all of this and completely agree. You have a great attitude. Keep it up!! Xx

Sent from my GT-I8190 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Yeah I love a cheeky meal out or naughty takeaway within limits and getting right back on track.
Last night I got my 4 and a half stone award. We can all do it if we put our minds to it x

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

:eek: Best day ever today.

Bought some new nightdresses - and where normally I would have to order online from the USA as I was so large, I've only gone and got some from YC in a size 36 AND THEY FIT! Totally over the moon. I've not been a size 36 for over 10 years. Seriously thrilled!! Still no movement on the scales though but that'll happen soon I'm sure.

:eek: Best day ever today. Bought some new nightdresses - and where normally I would have to order online from the USA as I was so large, I've only gone and got some from YC in a size 36 AND THEY FIT! Totally over the moon. I've not been a size 36 for over 10 years. Seriously thrilled!! Still no movement on the scales though but that'll happen soon I'm sure.

Whoop! Love those NSVs :)

i think my OH must think I'd gone nuts as I was nearly in tears as I was so happy. Now I KNOW I can do it. :)

oh pb thats is fabalous news good on you love well done x x x x

Oh lovely :D I'm so happy for you! That is an amazing NSV - and opens you up to lots of shopping opportunities now ;) :D Well done hun!

Hi hun, been rereading g your diary as not kept up with it and you are so inspiring! I'm feeling really down about my size at the moment and I've been gaining but I'm just going to go for it like you! Xx

Sent from my GT-N7100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Much prefer doing it by counting as I'm learning loads like stuff that I can eat and enjoy (used to hate salad but now I love them and can't go a meal without having some salad on the plate) and learning what makes me feel good. Much better learning curve than restricting yourself and being mutilated.

I'm still keeping at it. Even had a naughty biscuit yesterday and still counted it in ;) What I'm loving is not feeling out of breath anymore. I could barely get out of the chair and walk to the bathroom without nearly being on my knees. Now it's a breeze. Couldn't walk and talk at the same time either, but now I can :)

But I'm still sticking to it regardless of what the scales say as I can see a definite change. But nope, I won't put the picture up yet as I have no make up on and look a fright ;) But Christmas I will as it'll be about time.
xx

Bubbly hun - your post made me so happy, happy, happy :D That's exactly how I feel, especially after a week with a friend who turns out to be a right fattist! We are so on the right track and we're all proving it can be done by counting because we're having sustained losses.

And blooming brilliant on the nightdresses! xxx

here here to you all :talk017::talk017:

I've now managed to get into the largest size of the catalogue knickers so got 25 pairs on the way lol.

Susie - you're doing really well! Jaydee - don't feel down about it. You've got to realise where you are to appreciate where you're going and it feels absolutely amazing, even a little weight loss makes a massive difference.

I've taken up boxing with the OH in the garden now and I've lost 3lbs this week just doing that so that's spurred me on loads.
xx

well done sweetpea your doing great

That's awesome! Well done on your loss and boxing is a fab way to lose weight, I'm planning on getting the Tae Bo DVDs as I loved it when I was younger. Have a fantastic week and keep it up!

Hey :) I have around 17 stone to lose to in a similar boat to you.

Just popping in to offer support. Xx

Hi hershey!

Pull up a chair and let's do this thing!

xxx

I still can't believe how well you have done. Are you enjoying the boxing in the garden?

I had a wobbly start due to personal issues going on right now and they will be ongoing for roughly 6-12 months so I know I have mentally long and difficult road ahead of me already. So last week I really got my head in the game and managed to loose the first 11lbs. Although I did mange to loose 3lbs prior to everything else. I should be joining a gym in the near future also as I don't mind it once I'm there. Its the thought of going which puts me off!

Well done lovely - another NSV! You're doing amazingly - I'm so proud of you!

Back