Hey, Newbie with over 20 stone to lose

I'm so impressed with your weight loss, that I even joined this forum myself. Any tips you can give to an very overweight newbie like myself? Congratulations on your loss, and keep up to good work.

Welcome lovely :) Congrats on your loss so far :) Are you following a plan? :) (Is RC the one with exercise too?)

welcome gamy x x x

Hey just found your thread hope your don't mind me tagging along with hour journey.
Wow is all I can say! Your doing amazingly!!!

Only managed 1lb this week but my back problem is back so it's probably that. Tried to exercise but found myself in more pain so will just try to relax for a few days. Also had my best friend over for the weekend and had a little cheat (bit of roulade) but went straight back on the wagon Monday with no problems! Yay! Now I can trust myself not to fall off and bounce behind the wagon for a few weeks I'm much more confident.

Hey Gamy, welcome along! Tips... do what you feel comfortable with, don't beat yourself up if you think it's not going fast enough, drink lots of water (lesson learned on that one) and try only to eat food labelled green and yellow (or amber) in the traffic light label system. Oh, and try to find alternatives to food you love. I love peanut butter and jam sandwiches so found pb2 which is a powdered peanut butter, low sugar la nouba jam and use thins instead of bread. All keeps me on the straight and narrow.

And hello to others who are following my journey. Please feel free to ask any questions or for any help - I'm more than happy :)

xx

Sorry to hear about your back. Hope it feels better soon. Any exercise is good, even if its just walking slowly. But you definitely need to be careful you don't do more harm.

Well done on your loss, that's fab and all in the right direction. X

Sent from my GT-I8190 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Agreed, the worst thing on the world would be for you to seriously damage it and not be able to keep moving and harm your weight loss and health further. Look after yourself hun xxxx

well done on loss hope back better sson x x

Oh I'm resting ok and Andy is applying Voltarol Gel to me every morning. I actually think it's coming from my thigh muscle rather than my back now as if I press my finger into the top of my thigh the pain shoots into my back so might just be a strained muscle. Anyway, it's not getting me down thankfully and today hobbled onto the scales and another 3lbs gone :) 3 more to go to my 6 stone loss then.

Found another favourite this week too. Weight Watchers crinkle crisps. They're just like McCoys but in a smaller packet. I went through their other crisps and they were just like cardboard but these are nice. Not much flavour but I tended to eat a lot of ready salted anyway (mainly because they were the only ones left) so these are similar (they claim to be cheddar and onion but don't have much cheddar and onion flavour) but I love them. They're my "naughty" treat at the moment. Those and Lidl Ice Pops (Like Mr Freeze) at 20 calories per pop, and Cherry Jubbly's which are about 18 calories. OH bought home weight watchers mini ice cream sticks (like mini magnums) but I didn't think they were worth the calories so he's eating them instead lol.

hi love thats great about the 3lb loss hun and glad OH looking after you well and resting i must say i love aldi and lidil x x x

I've never touched the ice pops before as I always thought they were full of sugar but they're fab! I have the Lidl ones when I want something light tasting, then the jubbly when I need something strong as the cherry jubblys nearly blow my head off as they're a tad sour lol. All the fun of the diet ;)

So glad you're doing better hun, well done on the 3lb! SO CLOSE now for 6 stone - what a massive milestone that will be!

6 stone 1lb now gone!

WOW! That is amazing lovely!! You must feel like a whole other person. Congratuwell done! :D :D :D :D

Just want to say you have done amazingly well on your weight loss journey so far. Xxx

Back