HHHEEELLPPPP!!!

:wave_cry: Hi people, saying it's me again won't stir many memories, so I'll skip that and just say HI.

I was about for a short while last year, when I was talking to the 'got a lot to lose' group. Well I'm back and I have even more to lose, I'm now :eek: 314 lbs (OK, English person, now living in Canada, so I now talk in pounds) and I HAVE to lose weight.

I had been wondering about lap band surgery, but still think that is drastic, especially when you can get the some results with a VLCD. My figuring is that if I can lose the weight without surgery, then I could spend it later on the inevitable tummy tuck :confused:

Over here it's the Medifast diet that I would be doing, a 5 in 1 program, 5 shakes or bars, and one lean and green meal, 5 ozs of lean meat or fish with green veggies every day.

I'm just in the plucking up courage to actually do this thing, and would love to hear from people who have done this and had success.

Go for it - Get on the horse so to speak

Hi FW

Long time no hear - good to see you back:D

I've decided to knuckle down as I have now reached 300lbs & to say I'm gutted is a complete understatement.

If your Medifast diet is akin to CD or Lipotrim do you want to buddy up?

Welcome Back

There are a few of us who were about last year who have reappeared with the New Year.
Medifast sounds a bit like Cambridge 810 where you have 3 packs plus a meal. How many cals/carbs would you be having a day.
I dont think there is anyone else on here doing that plan but feel free to post on the Cambridge section if you like.

Jac

:wave_cry: Hi people, saying it's me again won't stir many memories, so I'll skip that and just say HI.

I was about for a short while last year, when I was talking to the 'got a lot to lose' group. Well I'm back and I have even more to lose, I'm now :eek: 314 lbs (OK, English person, now living in Canada, so I now talk in pounds) and I HAVE to lose weight.

I had been wondering about lap band surgery, but still think that is drastic, especially when you can get the some results with a VLCD. My figuring is that if I can lose the weight without surgery, then I could spend it later on the inevitable tummy tuck :confused:

Over here it's the Medifast diet that I would be doing, a 5 in 1 program, 5 shakes or bars, and one lean and green meal, 5 ozs of lean meat or fish with green veggies every day.

I'm just in the plucking up courage to actually do this thing, and would love to hear from people who have done this and had success.

Hi there,
I remember you! I remember posting on a thread of yours back in June when I had just started W8. I switched to CD because it had bars and more flavours and I have now lost nearly 4 stone. I'm still doing it, another 2 stone to go! And I have never SSed -- always had the packs and added a green and white meal! So I hope this will inspire you to go for it! Like you, I was at the end of my tether with dieting and this was the last resort before looking into a band. IT WORKS. You've just got to stick at it.
Good luck.

Hello English person living in Canada, I'm an English person living in the US...... nice to see someone on here in a similar time zone to me!!

I'm relatively new around here...... I've been on CD for two weeks tomorrow and so far its going well. Was gonna do Optifast here but I went to a clinic and I had to spend $3000 up front and they were gonna a ton of blood work every week.....and charge me a fortune!!! Stumbled across CD so I'm giving it a go. Its different to the formula sold in the UK but hopefully with similar results.

Good luck with Medifast...... look forward to seeing you on here

Given that surgery would leave you unable to eat as you do now, I'd be tempted to give it a really good shot on a VLCD. Honestly if you get it right you'll be healthier with or without surgery for a tummy tuck. :)
Really hope you manage to get your head in the right place and find success! :D

Back