Hi. A big welcome to 2014 and to new members

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

I'm Mario, I'm starting my journey for complete health makeover today. I'm not so much interested in dieting as I know that I don't follow through but I'm going to focus on changing my health habits (one at a time) so that I don't have to ever have to be overweight again.

Hello all! Temptation was lurking last night so I used my syns and had a Cadburys highlight hot choc with mini marshmallows and tin whipped cream - nom!!!
Today wasn't too bad, night times are the most dangerous for me. I have weigh in on Monday so fingers crossed the weekend doesn't ruin me.

Sent from my LT30p using MiniMins.com mobile app

hiya, newbie here, i am on my 2nd go of slimming world, i have alot to lose right now, on my 3rd week and so far lost just 6 1/2 lbs. looking forward to gathering as much info an tips as i can to make sure i stick to it this time :)

Welcome and well done - 6.5lbs is a great loss over 3 weeks - keep posting and u'll lots of support!

Well done Colleen. I'm Claire and decided to join today after starting slimming world plan! Can you really eat as much as you like?!!!

Well done Colleen. I'm Claire and decided to join today after starting slimming world plan! Can you really eat as much as you like?!!!

Hi and welcome - this is a great site and u'll get all the support and advice u need. I've tried loads of diets and this is the very best for me - have u looked at all the threads for SW - the recipes ones are brill (and some are weird but taste great!) there's lots of quick'n'easy recipes if ur not into cooking like me! The food diary section is great for ideas esp when ur starting out.

U can certainly eat lots and loads of variety on SW but the idea is that we eat enough to satisfy our appetites - sorry to be boring! I found that hard at first cos I don't feel full during the meal - I seem to need a hot drink and wait about 15 mins then I feel full - is it just me? 'rules' say that if ur still hungry after that - then's the time to have more.

good luck with it all - keep posting & the lovely ppl here will be here to help.

Hi everyone. Not sure if I'm posting in the right place, but ive just this second joined the site and finding it a little confusing navigating around.

My name is Shakira, and I'm 22 from England, Surrey.
Ive just started on a new weight loss journey and am finding it quite difficult.
I used to be quite small a few years ago (around a size 8), but put on a lot of weight during college and after starting a new job.
I did manage to lose 2 stone a couple years ago for my brother's wedding, after doing the atkins diet. I managed to stick to it for just over a month, as me and my mum were doing it together, amd it worked wonders for both of us. We both lost weight and felt AMAZING! But my mum then moved away and I moved in with my sister, so I didnt have the motivation with me anymore.
I put on a little weight, but lost some again when I went through a split with my boyfriend. I then met my current partner and became so deliriously happy and comfortable with he fact that he loved me no matter what my weight was, that I didnt focus on my weight. We went out to eat a couple times a week, take out on another night , aswell as unhealthy lunches and snacking. Im now the heaviest ive been. I know im not huge but I dont feel comfortable in myself and want to lose weight so that i can enjoy this summer comfortably with my boyfriend.
I currently weigh 180lbs, a UK size 14 and i want to lose 42lbs.
I find it VERY difficult to find and stick to diets as most of them dont fit my schedule or bank balance. I would try atkins again as I know it worked for me but I miss carbs too much to stay away from them without having the added motivation from my mum.
Can anyone reccomend a diet that would suit someone like me with a short diet attention span and not an awful lot of money to spend on endless ingredients?
I need the support and motivation from others going through the same thing, for me to succeed. So I'm really hoping that this site and all you lovely people can help me :) Sorry about the Essay! X

Hello everyone, I'm following Slimming World. I've been following since September. I've lost 15lbs but from reading some of the forums and seeing how others are doing I've had a little chat to myself to buck up! 2014 is the year for me! I've got into the habit of getting weighed in on a Monday, then having flexible syns, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. No more, I'm going to be on it 100%!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile

Hello everyone, I'm following Slimming World. I've been following since September. I've lost 15lbs but from reading some of the forums and seeing how others are doing I've had a little chat to myself to buck up! 2014 is the year for me! I've got into the habit of getting weighed in on a Monday, then having flexible syns, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. No more, I'm going to be on it 100%!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile

Welcome 1Artzy and well done on your brilliant weight loss!

Here is a link to the SW forum here Slimming World

Be sure to put your SW one stone reward in your signature as it is a great achievement!

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weekly-weigh/313347-sw-awards.html

I've got into the habit of getting weighed in on a Monday, then having flexible syns, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. No more, I'm going to be on it 100%!

You might like to join Monday weigh-ins to keep you motivated and focused now that you are fired up with renewed energy here is the link below for Mondays but there are threads for the others days as well.

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weekly-weigh/185049-monday-morning-home-weigh.html

If you would like to start a diary... here are the links to the diary forums below and if you need any help be sure to ask:)

Slimming World - Weight Loss Diary

Slimming World - Food Diaries

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weekly-weigh/185049-monday-morning-home-weigh.html

Hi everyone. Not sure if I'm posting in the right place, but ive just this second joined the site and finding it a little confusing navigating around.

My name is Shakira, and I'm 22 from England, Surrey.
Ive just started on a new weight loss journey and am finding it quite difficult.
I used to be quite small a few years ago (around a size 8), but put on a lot of weight during college and after starting a new job.
I did manage to lose 2 stone a couple years ago for my brother's wedding, after doing the atkins diet. I managed to stick to it for just over a month, as me and my mum were doing it together, amd it worked wonders for both of us. We both lost weight and felt AMAZING! But my mum then moved away and I moved in with my sister, so I didnt have the motivation with me anymore.
I put on a little weight, but lost some again when I went through a split with my boyfriend. I then met my current partner and became so deliriously happy and comfortable with he fact that he loved me no matter what my weight was, that I didnt focus on my weight. We went out to eat a couple times a week, take out on another night , aswell as unhealthy lunches and snacking. Im now the heaviest ive been. I know im not huge but I dont feel comfortable in myself and want to lose weight so that i can enjoy this summer comfortably with my boyfriend.
I currently weigh 180lbs, a UK size 14 and i want to lose 42lbs.
I find it VERY difficult to find and stick to diets as most of them dont fit my schedule or bank balance. I would try atkins again as I know it worked for me but I miss carbs too much to stay away from them without having the added motivation from my mum.
Can anyone reccomend a diet that would suit someone like me with a short diet attention span and not an awful lot of money to spend on endless ingredients?
I need the support and motivation from others going through the same thing, for me to succeed. So I'm really hoping that this site and all you lovely people can help me :) Sorry about the Essay! X

Welcome Shakira, you did very well to losing 2 stone on the Atkins diet...Atkins is not about cutting out all carbs but more about finding the level of carbs where you can lose or maintain your weight at...but if you would like to try another diet probably Slimming World would be a good place to start.

Have a look at this thread for delicious meals with minimum ingredients.

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/317773-delicious-meals-minimum-ingredients.html

Click on the link below to help you make your way around the forums.

http://www.minimins.com/introductions/46674-new-members-guided-tour-minimins.html

If you need any help please ask.

Thx to whoever sent me a reputation - v kind!

Thanks, for the welcome. I've tried to add my stone award but can't do it? I've also managed to create 2 usernames? Not really sure how to resolve but I'm sure I'll work it out eventually???

Sharon

Thanks, for the welcome. I've tried to add my stone award but can't do it? I've also managed to create 2 usernames? Not really sure how to resolve but I'm sure I'll work it out eventually???

Sharon

Hi welcome and a big well done so far!! If I were u I'd ignore one of ur sign in names and use the one u like best!

But sorry can't help on the stone award - in fact I'm hoping some will respond and I'll follow their advice - think we all love a sticker don't we - good luck on ur weight loss journey - this is a great site!

Hello Everybody!

I have been surfing the forum for over 12 months on and off, It's a great forum!

I'm always on and off the diet wagon, as I'm sure the majority of us are, I have gone back to Slimming World for the 4th time haha - Starting off at home as of today, and will re-join group in the next few weeks!

Looking forward to getting going properly and sticking to it this time!

^^
Hi, this is my first post ^^ !! actually, I have a big problem with my weight, although I don't eat much but I gain weight easily :'( :'( :'(
I hope I can find the answer here !!

Welcome! How are u planning to lose ur weight - lots of ideas and support here! Good luck on ur journey - keep posting if u want ideas and support!

Hello Everybody!

I have been surfing the forum for over 12 months on and off, It's a great forum!

I'm always on and off the diet wagon, as I'm sure the majority of us are, I have gone back to Slimming World for the 4th time haha - Starting off at home as of today, and will re-join group in the next few weeks!

Looking forward to getting going properly and sticking to it this time!

Hi and welcome - u can see from my sign in name that I've done this more than a few times!

Like u I love this forum - I'm addicted and it's keeping me on track - I post a lot but feel like hiding away when I'm not on plan - but I've forced myself to post and there's lot of support - which is the reason I've been able to carry on! Good luck on ur weight loss journey.

Hi and welcome - u can see from my sign in name that I've done this more than a few times! Like u I love this forum - I'm addicted and it's keeping me on track - I post a lot but feel like hiding away when I'm not on plan - but I've forced myself to post and there's lot of support - which is the reason I've been able to carry on! Good luck on ur weight loss journey.

Thank you upndown! You sound just like me!! Here's to a new start. Again. Ha :)

hi :) im new to this. joined today.
had my 2nd baby 6mths ago n decided i now need lose some weight. i started ww last week lost 5lb.. just 4st to go lol

hi :) im new to this. joined today.
had my 2nd baby 6mths ago n decided i now need lose some weight. i started ww last week lost 5lb.. just 4st to go lol

Welcome and well done on the 5lb loss - that's fab - u'll be busy with the 2 little ones - so burning lots of cals too!

I joined here in Jan and am addicted - there's loads of support if u keep posting - good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back