Hi. A big welcome to 2014 and to new members

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all!
I'm Charlie, getting married next May so I thought I'd better start now to give me time to get where I went to be! Looking to get from size 16 shorts back in my old size 12's and therefore a nice slinky wedding dress! I'm doing Slimming World, a few of us at work are doing it so I've got people to boost me along on rubbish days!

Charlie x

Hi, I've been reading these threads for a little while now and find them brilliant.

I'm 5ft1 and start weight is 11st2lbs, I've put on a stone and a half in the last 12 months. This is partly due to oh working lates so I'm bored and lonely at night so I mindlessly eat. I have 3 boys and really want to take them swimming but feel so fat and frumpy I haven't taken them so far.

So I've started slimming world having previously lost weight with weight watchers and Rosemary Conley, I thought I'd give sw a try.
I bought the books off of eBay and been following for a week i weighed myself today and I've put on 4lbs!!.

I think I need to join a group, just wish rosemary Conley classes were still around as I enjoyed the workouts as well as the plan. With ww and sw I think i fall down with eating the free foods, or maybe its because I'm not young anymore lol. Not sure what to do for the best. X

Last edited:
Sometimes at the beginning people mistake which are free foods and which are not. I remember thinking a banana smoothie was ok when I found out that blending it breaks down sugars which don't get used correctly like when you let your body break them down (or something like that). Also, be careful with your A & B options. You really need to weigh/measure those. Good luck xxx

Sent from my GT-S5830 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks for your comments, your're right it takes a while to get your head around but I have tried really hard today to be accountable and eating until I feel full. Heres what ive had:

B = shape zero yogurt and med banana
L= 4 ryvita (hexb) low fat soft cheese (hexa) cucumber and 6 strawberries
D= pasta with homemade Bolognese plenty mushrooms, pepper, onion, celery extra lean beef mince tinned tomatoes

Snacks = Banana, mini twister (2.5 syn) curly wurly (6 syn) options (2 syn)

Does this look ok? Also im trying to kick my diet coke habit as ive read its just as bad as normal coke. Feeling really positive. Bring on tomorrow. Xxx

Hi, yes im doing EE as it seems more straightforward to follow to begin with. Ok, I will add some salad today and try ro drink water. How many cups would you recommend and any tips on remembering to drink it? Lol

I do feel much better for having not overeaten yesterday. Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it Xxx

Hi, yes im doing EE as it seems more straightforward to follow to begin with. Ok, I will add some salad today and try ro drink water. How many cups would you recommend and any tips on remembering to drink it? Lol

I do feel much better for having not overeaten yesterday. Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it Xxx

Excellent! The recommendation is to have 8 200ml glasses of water a day. That's 2 litres. As for remembering to drink them... well, I did it because of vanity. I like to keep my skin fresh and clear and drinking lots of water helps. But whenever I get bored, instead of reaching for something else, I get the water. It's easy to make sure to have water after (during) exercise and then instead of a can of pop with my lunch, dinner or whatever, I reach for the water.

The only thing is, try to keep it to before 7pm otherwise you wake up too early to answer nature's call... :p

Just joined today following slimming world diet into my second week. ALWAYS using this site to get hints tips and little bits of advice.

New year - new me challenge - 28lbs - 28wks

Mix of healthy eating, calorie counting and slimming world.

daily food diary and weekly Wednesday weigh in.

2 stone to loose, fast approaching 40, 2 kids, husband, dog and a full time mum.

would like slimming buddies to keep me on track.

I've not drank any diet coke for 3 days now (and it was my birthday yesterday, although I did have a cheeky Chinese !). I have been drinking loads more water too. So far so good. I have been really good foodwise today and feel so happy and positive. How is everyone else getting on?. I saw a post where someone recommended a weightloss app (lose weight with Andrew Johnson) its only £1.90 but I have also been listening to this before bed each night and I think it's helped too. Xx

Hi there, not used a forum before. I started Diet Chef 3 weeks ago. I did it 2 years ago and lost 35lbs while also being quite active. 5 weeks ago I had surgery on my arm which means I cannot work at the moment and has given me time to look at my lifestyle and eating habits which I'm afraid to say are pretty shocking. So I started at 13 stone 3lbs and 3 weeks on I have lost 11 lbs without any exercise as I have a cast on. I'm kind of looking forward to going back to work in September at about 10 stone fingers crossed. Sorry for such a long post!

Love this forum!! So many good recipes.

Hi there! Totally new here. I have 2 little boys, 16 months and 8 weeks. I put on (thinks about it and decides, although it is shameful, to tell the truth) 4 stone in the last 2 years. Prior to my pregnancies, I lost said 4 stone so was unsurprised by the gain really.
In the past I've tried SW and it was good, worked for me. But my 4 stone was CC, I enjoyed learning and teaching myself new habits. I was very happy CC until I fell pregnant, then I was so anxious about nourishing my baby that I gave it up. The figures lingered there in my head for a year maybe but they've all but gone now so I'm starting fresh.
I am still feeding my 8wo son so still harbor the concerns about nourishment and producing milk.
I've read a few threads and would love to become part of the community, supporting others and getting support in return.
xx

Hi, new to this, have done every diet possible but never got yo target, started VCLD yesterday and thinking some support is the way to go, got a long journey ahead about 7.1/2 stones...

Hi, I'm new here too. Two weeks into exante diet and going well. Did Motivation diet a few years ago and lost weight but didn't maintain. Hopefully this will be more successful. This is definitely my year to lose and I have quite a way to go but I want a good few stone gone by Christmas as I will be celebrating my daughter's 16th birthday and she wants me in a dress. I've been looking at the forum here and everyone seems really encouraging and supportive.

HI. Two weeks into vlcd. Also 7.5 stones to go but once first few days over it gets easier. Lost 8 lbs the first week which really motivates to continue. Good luck.

Hiya all ..joined today as I have been getting some great tips and advice from members here. I have not got a clue how to work round the site yet though...getting there slowly. I have recently rejoined slimming world. so far so good. trying to get my head around the ee plan. looking forward to the challenge.

Hiya all ..joined today as I have been getting some great tips and advice from members here. I have not got a clue how to work round the site yet though...getting there slowly. I have recently rejoined slimming world. so far so good. trying to get my head around the ee plan. looking forward to the challenge.

I started SW about 6 weeks ago. So far so good! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back