Hi. Advice please xx

Hi. I am stuck in a rut! I'm 27 and had my beautiful baby girl in January and can not shift the baby weight. I currently weigh 12st 6lbs and am 5ft tall. My BMI is 34 :-( I got to target with weight watchers points back in 2002 and down to 9 stone and lost a total of 73lbs and felt amazing. Since then I have gained a bit and since the baby I'm at the heaviest I have been since then. In the last 6 years I have tried many diets and had success on Slimming World Red & Green days losing 21lbs back in 2008. I don't like the new pro points system so won't be doing that. I can't decide which of the two diets to go back to so can anyone tell me if they have had much success on either of these two recently to help me make up my mind? Thank you xx

Hi MummyAJ2013, I am new to this site and this is my first post but, as a Personal Trainer and Health Practitioner, I feel I can offer you some help on where to go. My personal opinion is that these calorie restricted diets just do not work in the long run - as you've experienced by coming off and on them in the past. Your aim should be to change for the long term, and that means a lifestyle change and eating a clean, balanced diet regularly throughout the day. My golden rules are: 1. Eat clean 2. Eat a balance of carbs, protein and healthy fats at every meal 3. Eat breakfast and then eat smaller meals, but more regularly throughout the day. I hope this helps. If you would like any more assistance on how to change your lifestyle then let me know.

Hi mglover88. Thank you for your reply. Yes some assistance on eating to change my lifestyle / way of life would be greatly appreciated. I am feeling pretty down about my weight at the moment. I would like to be able to eat without counting points / calories but still lose the weight. Ideally I would like to get down to 9 1/2 stone x

It sounds to me that you would benefit from Slimming World, their plan is a good step in the direction of clean eating because most of the "free food" is as nature made it and they do not count the syns (calories/points) unless you eat something processed. One thing I would recommend is giving up sugar, sounds scary right? I won't lie, the first couple of weeks are hard but I gave up sugar in June and I have close to no cravings and only one binge, which happened in the early stages. I can even tell when I am full, something that I have struggled with my entire life. Good luck and let us know how you get on :)

Thanks for the advice morgenmuffel! I have decided to get back on slimming world and today I'm doing a red day! Got a chicken roasting in the oven :) I do have a sweet tooth and don't think I can cut it out completed but I have decided to no longer eat biscuits and cake. A little bit if chocolate now and then within my syns should be ok xx

Back