Hi all, exercise query!

princesslex

Hi forum :). I have really enjoyed reading all the posts you have put on here so thought i would join up and say hi!!!. Im first day today on SS and not doin to bad just got a teeny headache and sum slight cravings but nothing i cant handle at the mo. I was just wondering if anyone knows whether i can still go to the gym now im doin SS? Thanks!!

Think my CDC told me not to do any exercise while on SS as you do not have the extra energy to do so..... don't quote me though! From my own experience, in the first few days could just about drag myself to work everyday...

Hey Princesslex And Welcome To Minis,
I Think What People Say Is That You Take It Easy For The 1st Week And Then Gradually Build It Up,that Is Unless You Were Doing Some Routine Before You Started Cd.

Your Body Will Let You Know What It Is Able For,and Nobodys A Better Judge Than Your Own Body..........

Take It Easy For Now If You Feel You Need To And Take It From There,i Was Already Doing An Exercise Routine Before Starting Cd,so It Wasnt So Bad For Me.

I Wish You The Best Of Luck On Your Cd Journey,just Remember To Drink Plenty Of Water,
Elaine X

hey princesslex, go steady with the gym for the first few weeks as your body will be adjusting to not having many calories. but since my second week ive been going to the gym 3/4times a week plus aquafit and im finding it alrigh! good luck with CD you will do brilliantly! x

I was also told not to go mad with the gym for my first few weeks. But I think it depends what you normally do at the gym.
I generally lift a lot of weights & usually burn about 350 cals each session in the gym. I'm going to stop that for a while as its clear that I can't support that calorie burn if I'm only eating 610 in a day.
But if your idea of a gym routine is a little light cardio, and some basic weights then you could be OK.

My counsellor put it like this - the CD is supposed to put you into mild ketosis & was developed for morbidly obese people who do no exercise at all. If you insist on being super active then you are going outside the parameters of what it was set up for - if you cut your calories too far below what you normally burn in a day you will go beyond mild ketoosis into starvation, and perversely will probably lose weight more slowly as your body's metabolism slows down to keep you alive.

Back