my 100 day seatbelt challenge

countrylass9

Hi everyone, im new here but have dabbled in vlcd before with mixed success. I have a big birthday this year and have booked the holiday of a lifetime leaving in 100 days. Despite having booked the holiday last summer i have done nothing about my weight 'issue' that i had been planning to tackle.

The main motivator for me is the thought of 6 long flights over a couple of weeks and needing to ask for a seatbelt extender on the plane each time - the thought fills me with huge anxiety! I last went on holiday over a year ago and the belt was snug - by snug i mean i had to breathe in to fasten it and it dug in the whole journey and i couldnt put the tray down properly. Surely that would have shamed me enough to stop eating huge portions, multiple take aways every week and loads of chocolate - apparently not!

i have started exante this week and am aiming for ss but will be supplementing with low carb high protein in moments of weakness. A 2 stone loss would be bearable and a 3.5st loss would be amazing. Im on day 3 of my journey away from seatbelt extenders.

have been reading the forum a lot over the weekend and have found you all to be inspirational, well done everyone. At the moment i can only aspire to these amazing losses.

Welcome and good luck :)

Hi, I started on Saturday so on day 4 and it is going ok - a couple of slip ups but have managed to stick to mainly high protein and low carb. Rather than using the exante bars which I wasn't too keen on I am using grenade carb killa bars which have high protein, low carb and approx. 200 calories so hopefully this won't impact on me getting into ketosis. I have found it fairly easy to stick with and look forward to my daily coke zero. There are lots of new flavours this time that I hadn't tried before and I am liking the curry one. I was so disappointed with the cookies and cream shake as it tasted of such synthetic sweetener that I couldn't drink it. I tend to stick with strawberry and vanilla shakes and often add coffee to the shakes.

I have started taking psyllium husk tablets for fibre so the dreaded constipation doesn't kick in. I have also been going on the powerplate every day for the last couple of weeks hoping it will jiggle my skin enough to stop it going loose and saggy. I also use clarins toning oil as I used it the last time after a big and rapid weight loss (2.5 stone in 6 weeks) and didn't have any loose skin. This time is 10 years later so its optimistic to think I won't have any this time but hey a girl can only try.

This is the first time I have done this diet when I have been in a relationship so think it will be harder to see my partner cooking his tea every night but in some ways easier as there is accountability and someone to say - oi seatbelt extender! - if I look to be gravitating to the biscuit cupboard lol.

I totally freaked myself out a few weeks ago when I went looking to see how big aeroplane seats are (17.5inches on average) and when I sat on a tape measure that is 1.5 bum cheeks and I need to comfortably fit both on without oozing into my neighbours chair. I was rummaging around USA 'person of size' forums (whatever that means - surely we all have a size?) and they gave the length of different airline seatbelts - aaaargh it wasn't meeting in the middle. Drastic action is definitely required here and so my diary begins...

I have been totally inspired by everyone's diaries and spend more time last night poring through older diaries as well as the new ones. Some amazing losses and although I have said it before - this time I will not go back! I have a love of vegetables and fruit now that I have never had before so once phase one of the journey is done I can move quite happily onto clean living. On reflection from previous failed attempts and regains I know that having the weight come off so easily got me into a mindset of easy come easy go and bring on the family sized dairy milk for tea as I can always just go back on the shakes and lose it again. Not this time - a new leaf has turned!

Welcome Countrylass! Must say I admire your efforts starting on the Saturday of the Easter weekend! That must have taken some willpower to resist all the Easter temptations, but sounds like you are really motivated.

I think there are some supplements you can take to help skin elasticity (to prevent saggy skin after rapid weight loss), but can't remember what they are... and I'm far too embarrassed to head into Holland and Barrett and ask them what they are! Might have to do a quick google search...

Wow starting on Easter weekend that's dedication! Welcome, I'm a newbie and have been made so welcome, always someone to help when you are having an off day (or week like I just have lol) I have the dreaded seatbelt feeling when going on an aeroplane, never had to have the extender but the tray hasn't gone down for a few years so feel ya pain. I took about 10 days before I felt OK on this but I'm glad I persevered. So stick with it and keep posting x

Hi welcome. I'm just going into my 3rd week and feel great. I had a seat belt moment last month and is one of the reasons I'm here!
Sounds like you're doing great so far and once you get the first week done it's so much easier

Thanks for all of the kind words, it is really appreciated. I had a sneaky peek today when I was at work when I was tempted to scoff some of the cakes doing the rounds. I sit beside a total feeder at work who is lovely but eats like a horse and still stays slim. I think her calories get welded to my arse rather than her own!

Easter wasn't actually that bad as myself and my partner made a no easter eggs pact and since we have no children it wasn't a problem. Its the first year ever that I haven't had a big egg and the first for a few when I haven't visited the supermarket on easter Monday to see if there are any cheap ones on offer. This easter was a million miles away from that greedy chocoholic (who is still hiding inside me very close to the surface) and I feel proud for achieving that.

Its not all good news though as I have had a few social occasions this week including out for tea last night with a friend for an Indian. I ordered chicken tikka and didn't eat much rice or nan bread so felt full but virtuous. The scales read the same this morning as yesterday so I'm ok with that. A minor slip today when the need to feed became too great but I had a low carb krisproll and a coke zero which staved it off. I need to get into the mindset of healthy buzzes rather than chocolate or junk food buzzes.

I know I won't have a big loss by the end of my first week but if I can find a manageable way to not feel deprived and am still losing weight than that is good for me. I was sitting at 5lbs down this morning after 4 days so a couple more lbs off and I'll be happy for this week. The weekend will pose its own challenges (2 meals out planned) but after that my social calendar involving eating is over for a while - phew.

Have any of you tried the savoury scone? I planned to have that tonight but didn't have any ramekins that were oven proof (only leftover ones from guu puds :-( ) so didn't know how else to cook it. Any suggestions.

Keep up the good work everyone xx

I'm tried the scones and they went in the bin, yuk!!!!!! X

Hi there. sounds like you're doing really well so far. The first week is the hardest! Managing social situations is tough. Some people choose to totally avoid them and others build them into the diet. I planned to avoid but it's impossible so I'm going to try and make wise choices.

Thanks for the supportive words. Its hard to juggle life with weight loss with so many social situations revolving around eating but hey, every lb off is a bonus. I think my scones might go in the bin too unless i can magic up an origami tinfoil ramekin as buying a muffin tray would just lead me into temptation. Today is another day hopefully a good one with a bit of exercise thrown in too. My skin is also looking fresher with all the water i am drinking. Heres toma loss filled day for everyone!

Have you got a Yorkshire pud tin? You can use that just make 4 smaller ones x

I hated the scones too. I made two from the pack and only managed to eat one.

I find I just have to be very selfish when I do this, I refuse all social situations that could involve food or just don't eat. I went to my Mum's on Sunday and she had cooked dinner for my brother and his family and I just sat there with my coffee. I had to tell her to shut up a few times when she was going on about what a shame it was, she has done CWP before though so wasn't too much of a fight.

I think her calories get welded to my arse rather than her own!

Ha ha, I sometimes feel like that. I used to feel that about a friend I met at work, only to discover she did CWP a few years before I met her :D

The scones are vile :(Made a pack, ate one and the other scone and the other packs went in the bin.

I have worked some social events into my plan, those I cannot get out of without upsetting others. However I've declined and avoided more.

I had to tell her to shut up a few times when she was going on about what a shame it was, she has done CWP before though so wasn't too much of a fight.
,_ I have had the a few times. People trying to put together a small plate for me even when I continue to say no!

Lol, there really are a lot of feeders out there who are determined to keep us all chunkier than we would like. It sounds like the scones could be binned as I don't have a yorkie tin either - aunt bessies all the way! I'll try the tinfoil origami and see how I get on - might end up feeding them to the dog as she will eat anything.

The big trip is to Vegas and then a Caribbean cruise which I am so excited about but dreading the thigh chafing, sweatiness and having to lug an extra person around with me that is just fat :-( I have left it all so late when I could have been much slimmer and would have only been lugging around extra skin rather than all this fat that is along for the ride. Good day so far today without any temptations which is great. Womble35 did you ever remember the name of the elasticity supplement?

How are you all getting on? xx

One of my dead skinny mates is a feeder. Her husband calls her an enabler as he suffers from weight issues and struggles to keep the weight off. No matter what diet he tries she piles his plate up and expects him to eat it whilst she chases one pea and a lettuce leaf round the plate :(

Vegas and the Caribbean, sounds fantanstic :D

I'm sure you'll have shed a few stone by then so you wont feel too bad :)

Back