my 100 day seatbelt challenge

Well done for getting back on plan. Easier said than done.

Well done for getting back on plan. Easier said than done.

You are right MrsN - it was easier said than done. I managed until around an hour ago and then ate the last bag of crisps in the house and a small bit of birthday cake aaaargh! I have no self control :( Have just done 10 minutes on the powerplate to make up for it. That is the last of the junk food in the house so no more temptation.

I spoke to someone today who is just back from holiday and flew with one of the airlines we are flying with and she said it was very cramped and everyone packed in. She is a very slim woman so if she found it uncomfortable I will find it unbearable (as will the poor sod who has to sit next to me while I am trying to contain my arse and stomach in my own seat :oops: ). You would think that would be enough to keep me away from the crisps and cake but no :( .

I have created a ticker and will add my weekly weights for accountability so I am publicly shamed if I fall off the wagon too often. I know that the only person I am cheating is myself but it is so hard to get out of bad habits - food if I am happy/sad/frustrated/angry/bored/just because it is there etc etc. I need to work on the mindset that food doesn't bring happiness or take away pain and hopefully my time on exante will help with that.

Well done for being so honest!!
On my first week or so I found taking myself off for a soak in the bath or an early night was a good tactic and kept me out of the kitchen.
Tomorrow is a new day so just move on from it.

My first 10 days I went to bed about 6.30 most nights to get away from everything mind I was so tired I think I slept too x

It's good you can be honest about falling off. I am not quite so good at that...I tend to hide it, I don't know why. If I do hide it then I think I got away with something and could do it again which is the wrong attitude to have - especially when I have no self-control with food.

How are you getting on today?

Draw a line under it - today is a brand new day :)

Yes just draw a line and move forward. Just think of your holiday. Well done for being so open. I try and stick to it 100% but I'm not gonna lie and say I havnt picked a chip or two off my daughters plate.

I wish you lots of luck this week :) luck and weight loss

Thanks everyone. Its good to know i am not alone.

OMG, i am officially a diet bore! Almost every thought and word relates to hunger, food or deprivation. Help!!

Lol!!! I know how you feel. My husband just said 'if you moan once more that your having miniature carbonara for tea I'm gonna throw it in the bin.

I've totally had my mind off the diet today (although have been 100%) as I was busy in meetings. No moaning at all :)

Well done on not moaning - im still waiting for that day. Sarahdr glad im not the only one! Ive turned into a person that would drive me mad! My friends would say im the person least likely to say 'do you know how many carbs/calories are in that?' But ive become that person aaaargh lol xx

My friends would say im the person least likely to say 'do you know how many carbs/calories are in that?'

Oops - when not busy I am the most likely person to say that :D

My OH says I know the calorific value of everything :rolleyes: And, now apparently I'm starting on the carbs :oops:

Its frightening how food obsessed i am sybersadie, even if i lose the weight (again), i doubt i will ever lose my obsession with food.

You will lose the weight :) We all will if we stick to plan.

But I think we will all need to be a little food obsessed if we are to keep the stuff off :oops:

I've been a right moaner today but I've snapped out of it now. I can do this! We can do this!

It's hard to reset attitudes towards food. I dieted for 9 months, lost 5 stone and viewed food differently - was SURE I had changed my relationship.

It wasn't an instant relapse into my old thinking, gradual portion increases, gradually eating three big meals a day rather than the whole little and often...more like a lot and often. The good thing is that I know how to address it when things get bad, I have done it once I can do it again!! Not only that but I said I would never go back to where I was in terms of size and only took my 1.5 stone this time to do something. Maybe next time it might be less than 1 stone? Then less than half?

I am glad it isn't just me! I am either talking about food, writing in my journal about food or thinking about food. Not actually thinking about eating it but just nutritional values!

No not just you, I can admit that after a life-time of dieting I am thoroughly food obsessed!

Back