1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice

Hi All! I'm New.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by missie78, 28 September 2008 Social URL.

1. missie78

missie78 Member

Hello all!
    What a wonderful forum.
    I'm 30y/o. I put on lots of weight during my pregnancy and 2.5yrs on still haven't lost the weight.

I started on an 8 week exercise regime but instead of losing weight, I gained 2 pounds at the end of the 8 weeks. This was because I was eating more, thinking I deserved the treat cos I had exercised. :eek: I am hoping the 2 pounds is muscle.

I have now joined the Golower diet and hope to combine that with exercise to lose the weight. I hope to get back to a size 12 and start to feel sexy again.
    Keeping fingers crossed.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. ** Just Jools **

** Just Jools ** Slow & steady does it!!!!

hiya & welcome. good luck on your journey. what's golower? i've not heard of that. x

4. missie78

missie78 Member

Thanks.
    Golower is a high protein low carb programme where the company sends you all your meals. So far the food I have tried tasted quite good.
    Not sure if I can post their web address on here but you can find them by googling Golower.

5. IreneH

IreneH Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome. Good luck with GoLower

Irene xx

6. Tanari

Tanari 100% Focused

Welcome to our friendly forum. Good luck on ur weight loss journey

7. Treats

Treats Well-Known Member

Hi there!

Oh not heard of that diet.. is it like the atkins... I tried that and put on half a stone in a week haha... I stuck to it till it made me sick with headaches and nausea then weighed myself and that was it for me... but I have friends that it has worked fantastic for!

Let us know how you get along with this one... keep at it!:)

8. Starlight

Starlight Well-Known Member

9. missie78

missie78 Member

Thanks for the welcome.
    Lost 4 pounds in week 1. This second week starting to struggle a bit. Although I feel full on the meals Go lower provides, I am starting to crave carbs. Having horrible thoughts such as how good a lamb briyani would taste. Any thoughts on how to survive cravings?

10. misscheeky

misscheeky Well-Known Member

hiya welcome to minimins. get out of the house/kitchen have a bath, go for a walk paint your nails :) xx

11. ** Just Jools **

** Just Jools ** Slow & steady does it!!!!

I always come on here to catch up on all the gossip!! lol :D

12. Tanari

Tanari 100% Focused

Well done on your 4lbs lost. Keep it up. When I get a craving, I tried to keep busy and drink loads of water. Cravings only lasts 8-15 mins so be strong and try and over come them. Just try to think how u would feel after u break ur diet after all the hard work you've done so far. That works for me most of the times.