Hi all, new challenge for me.

lionheart

Hi

I started my diet 2 weeks ago on wednesday, i weigh 15 stone 5, i was 15 stone 7 and will be weighing myself again on Tuesday. This is what I am doing to lose weight.

For the first week i did low intensity exercise, now I am doing hard intensity, i work out 6 days a week and also have a full time job that keeps me active as an assistant manager in a shop.

I do 20 minutes aerobic exercise, then a 15 minute run, then a 15 minute cycle, these exercises are on a tread mill and stable exercise bike, then 15 minutes aerobic and then finished off with 10 minutes step and a 5 minute run.

My diet is usually, Bran flakes for breakfast, then i will have a big bowl of muesli for lunch with some fruit, I will eat a meal for dinner, which is usually chicken(no skin) or fish with potatoes and vegtables. When I am watching T.V. and feel like snacking I will eat dry bran flakes rather than chocolate, crisps or biscuits.

I was eating noodles until a few days ago instead of muesli for lunch but i hear the pre packed ones aren't that good for weight loss, plus they left me feeling hungry.

Am I doing the right things? I would also very much appreciate any help or tips anyone has.

Thanks

Paul

You doing well try put fruit in really good for you I have tub I much through the day also the rower at the gym is really good you will find it hard but you'll soon notice it gets easier and it gives you a all over work out , good luck let us know how you go on.
I'm on sw my third week and in the first two weeks I've list 1 stone x

Thx for the reply, there isn't a sw near me so I will try to do it by common sense, already learning alot by reading up online.

I didn't like fruit apart from bananas but am eating alot now, to be honest I think the reason we don't like certain foods is because were not used to them, i'm starting to like fruit, also drinking 2 litres of water a day rather than none which is what I used to drink.

Yeh lots of water will help and you will need it if going to the gym , I used to go 6 days a week for 1-2 hours but just do 3 days at min once you get into it it's great you feel good when you leave even if a bit tired , let me know how you get on and I'm here if you need any help or just a bit of support
Good luck

I'm not weighing my food but as I used to eat alot of rubbish ( chocolate and crisps etc) I'm sure i'm doing ok, I had a really big bowl of muesli for lunch yesterday with 2 pears, as muesli is all natural ingredients I hope it will be ok.

Last edited:
Just weighed myself and have lost 3 pounds this week, after all the training and dieting i've done this week I'm not that pleased but at least i'm going in the right direction. Total weight loss 5 pounds.

Just weighed myself for this week and have lost 6 pound this week, really pleased with that, total weight loss now 12 pound in 3 weeks.

Thx Kim, yeah i'm really starting to notice the difference, I have another 24 pound to lose and then I might lose a bit more.

Didn't lose any weight last week, this weeks weigh in is tomorrow, really hope I have lost weight this week as was very dissapointed last week, if I haven't lost this week I don't know what more I can do as I workout 5 times a week and am really careful what I eat.

If you work out you will be loosing fat it's just that muscle weighs more try your waist measurement the weeks you don't loosing. You will prob loos inches when I went to the gym I didn't weigh I just measured inch loss as you turn fat to muscle and it dose weigh in more , good luck this week x x

lost 4 lb this week, happy with that as didn't lose any last week. Total weight loss 15 lb, 20 lb to go, and thx Kim.

Well done, not been weighed this week as found out three weeks ago I was pregnant but I've now lost the baby so will start a fresh next week good luck this week keep up food work x

Back