Attack Hi all :) Newbie to dukan Advice please?

stef2009

Gold Member
Hey everyone! Ive lost about 4 stone this year mainly on a vlcd. I have tried many more diets, SW, WW, JUDD, Healthy eating and the gym, and it just doesnt work for me, Its clearly the carbs that are not good for me! the lbs are creeping up now and ive had enough! I was going to do atkins but from what ive read i think dukan may suite me better!

Anyway i am doing my monthly food shop tonight so i want to start and stock up, but i havnt managed to read the book yet, i will be picking it up this week, so wondering if anyone has any advice for me and any essentials for my food shop for the attack phase?

So far ive got...?
Meat meat and more meat... can we have ham and corned beef?
Water.. Can we have it flavoured?
Yoghurts, muller light?
Can we have salad?

Any other advice you could offer me untill i get the book would be great :)

Many thanks xx

Hey everyone! Ive lost about 4 stone this year mainly on a vlcd. I have tried many more diets, SW, WW, JUDD, Healthy eating and the gym, and it just doesnt work for me, Its clearly the carbs that are not good for me! the lbs are creeping up now and ive had enough! I was going to do atkins but from what ive read i think dukan may suite me better!

Anyway i am doing my monthly food shop tonight so i want to start and stock up, but i havnt managed to read the book yet, i will be picking it up this week, so wondering if anyone has any advice for me and any essentials for my food shop for the attack phase?

So far ive got...?
Meat meat and more meat... can we have ham and corned beef?
Water.. Can we have it flavoured?
Yoghurts, muller light?
Can we have salad?

Any other advice you could offer me untill i get the book would be great :)

Many thanks xx

With you meat chicken without skin, xtra lean beef mince or turkey mince, beef steak, any fish (including smoked mackerel) but no lamb/pork and only xtra lean rindless ham though avoid if possible to start with due to salt content.....
Cottage cheese is good....
Diet drinks which are less than 2cals per serving are okay but most of us stick to water or diet coke or tea/coffee
Unlimited skimmed milk in attack
quark/ total 0%/ fat free fromage frai are allowed but Mullerlight contains sugar so should be avoided, most of us buy natural and flavour with vanilla and sweetner
Don't forget your oatbran to make galette or muffins as they are lifesavers
lots of eggs!

You need to go to the dukan site to calculate your true weight and then it will say how many days of attack you need to do before starting cruise when you can introduce veg every other day....... Reading the book is a must - planning ahead is a life saver and putting your menus on here is great as then people can check you are on the right track...... Good luck and I hope you like it !!!

Hi Stef

Well done on your weight loss so far!

I'm typing this on my phone so can't go into too much detail. For attack you need pure protein. Lots of meat, fish, eggs and fat free dairy. And don't forget your oatbran!

No salad for Attack and best to avoid the Mullers. Ham is not recommended due to the salt content but there are a lot of people who do eat it, it's trial and error as to what works for you. Corned beef is a big no no, too much fat and salt.

There is so much information on this site, so have trawl through when you get the chance.

Good luck x

Good luck and agree with what's been said, read the book and plan ahead xxx

Just wanted to say good luck, ditto above, get true weight calcuated to give right amount of days to do attack, read ur book, then read it again LOL remember spices to prep up ur protein ;-)

I'd add lots of tins of tuna to the shopping list! It's one of the few attack foods that don't need to be in the fridge, and you never want to run out of dukan friendly food. When I started I kept lots of frozen seafood and made soups with fish, tofu, dried shrimps, crabsticks... Great for cold weather and very filling.

Good luck!

everyones already said it all really. The oatbran is a must, its part of the days allowances and you HAVE to have it as this helps your system with the cholesterol and the little bit of carbs in it is ok.

A few of us make our own FF yogurts, but Asda Smart price is a decent one, esp when sweetend with sweetner and vanilla flavourings.

loads and loads of stuff on here so check it all out and see how yougo.

Good luck, x

And start your diary quick so we can all spy on your progress! :)

Hi ladies thanks so much for ur replys! In the end I decided to do Atkins, I couldn't get to grips with just meat and no salad, and I'm even struggling on Atkins being able to have salad!!

Thankyou all again for your replys I will save this thread for when I think I'm ready to give Dukan a go :)

Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back