Hi all - question -Ketosis

I just smelled of curry and BO. It really was disgusting lol. It was everything that smelt too.. breath, sweat, pee, milk. Urghh. lol. xx

ah well, fenugreek is used a lot in curries. You can get it in Asian supermarkets over here, look for "Methi". I quite like the leaves in a curry Rach.

Jim how long does the bad breathe last for? I'm so paranoid that everyone can smell me :(

LOL, Hi tryer.

tee hee hi jim.

bad breath i have gone to lots of measures to make sure that i don't have bad breath and i am still paranoid,
but 1) drinks lots of water...... don't over saturate yourself though you have to be careful with water.... but over saturation can be very dangerous.
2)i got myself one of those, tooth scrapers and mirrors like what theyhave at the dentist, to make sure no tartar was built up between my teeth...as flossing cant remove it it needs to be scraped. (warning be careful and gentle)
3) floss all teeth.. and rinse with mouth wash,
4) a good minty tooth paste, and i put bicarbonate of soda on to it as well, brush teeth and tongue with my electric tooth brush. for 4 mins.
and then gargle with mouthwash for 2 mins.

i do all the above once a week and my mouth does feel great. takes about 10 mins max 12 mins.

during the week i floss and just brush for 2 mins. and i always have a spare tooth paste and brush at work.

thats me but i am para about oral hygiene

WOW! i didn't go that far tryer, I did have a toothbrush and paste at work. I'd brush my teeth after lunch. I chewed a lot of sugar free gum as well.

Tracy, I think it was about 3 or 4 weeks for me. You'd expect it to happen the whole time your in ketosis, but it didn't for me. I suspect everyone is different though.

Regarding ketosis , and my breath dont seem that bad btw , maybe it was bad before ? , how long do you aim to stay in ketosis for , the rest of your lifes ??

I'm 3 weeks in now and although I'm in ketosis I still have got the buzzy happy feeling.
I know how it feels because it happened when I was on CD, my house had never been so clean. I'm still feeling as lethargic now as I was when I was stuffing my face :confused:

I was only in ketosis whilst I was on induction, after that it was just normal weight loss.

This thread is very useful, thanks guys! I bought some ketostix yesterday and Im in a nice pinky area but Hubby's was negative which he was so upset about. Its weird as we're eating the same things. Saying that, he's noticed he's not losing as much weight as I am (I lose about 0.5lbs every 2-3 days). Perhaps the sugar free jelly is the culprit?

I always know when Im in ketosis because my breath REEKS. I always get very paranoid in work in case people smell it. My sweat never smells though. Ive found my hair gets greasier but my skin in clearer whereas my hubby's skin has gone so dry. We are both definately drinking enough water. The other new thing Ive noticed with my ketosis is that...well, this is gross, but my wind smells really horrible now! (Sorry) has anyone noticed the same?

Ah yes, stinky breath, bad BO, stinky farts and fluorescent pee. :D. Welcome to ketosis.

he's noticed he's not losing as much weight as I am

That's strange, generally I have found men lose more and easier on Atkins. I'd blame the Jelly as well.

Back