Hi all!

lucyolivia

Hiya :) My names Lucy and I am just starting out on this site.
I have been to Slimming World on and off for the past couple of years but since Christmas I have had a sudden burst of determination!

Im going on holiday on the 4th of July so Im hoping for AT LEAST 3 stone off by then (although I'm trying not to put myself under too much pressure! ha)

Hoping to lose around 7 stone altogether, since Christmas I have lost 13.5 lbs so keeping hopeful!

If anyone has any tips or words of advice I'd love to hear them :)

Thanks! xxx

Hi Lucy!!

Welcome to SW! Just wanted to say Hi as I am new to this site too, although started SW at the beginning of January. Lost 10lbs so far, which included a gain last week, but hoping to shift that at weigh in tomorrow! I'm doing this at home alone - so any hints/tips/food ideas and general support would be lovely!

I'm going on hols in 7 weeks time......so haven't got as much time as you! But fingers crossed I can at least get into the 14s!!!

Speak soon honey and Good Luck!
x

Hi lucyolivia (and Rach) - welcome to minimins! You will find this site full of inspiration and advice, so good luck on your journeys...I'm sure you can reach your holiday target!

Thankyou Rach, Spanx and Jules :D

Rach- whereabouts are you going on holiday? :) I have a few different meals that I like to do, I will get them typed up and on here for you asap.
Which plan are you on? I'm doing extra easy- i love it!

Lucy x

Thanks Jules and Spanx, need all the support I can get!!!

Lucy, off to Egypt in 7 weeks, am assured the unrest doesn't affect Sharm. I've never been but OH is keen diver and kite surfer and has been before. I cannot wait! Worried about weigh in tom, not looking forward to it. Was hoping for 2 and that looked achieveable until the curry last night!!

Am doing extra easy too, and think it's fab. Can't believe what u can eat and no weighing!!

Think I need to try and exercise, work is just sitting all day!!!
x

Aw fab! Hope you have a great time :)

Yeah I was always amazed at how much you actually eat but looking through some of the recipes on here the variety is huge!

I have a few things that I have regularly then a couple of things I try new every week.

I usually say to myself I can have one meal every week where I can have whatever I want then stick to the plan the rest of the week. Hoping that will make it easier to stick to for me long-term and also means I get to look forward to one 'naughty' meal every week!

What night is your weigh-in? x

Ha ha! Sounds like you have a cunning plan!! I need to try experimenting each week but I find it hard after long days at work and resort back to my usual meals. Still it works so I can't complain.

Me and OH generally have a cook night on a Sat and enjoy a few glass of wine and music while we do it! So that tends to be my treat night! Altho have choccie most days to make it sustainable Have to make time for us as he works in a hospital and doe shifts during week, so makes things tricky.

My weigh in is a sat morning! How about u? When's the big day? Keeping toes and fingers crossed for you!

Yeah looking forward to hols, as you must be. Where you off to?

Whereabouts in the country are you then? I'm in Dorset. Sorry if I'm being nosey. Lol. Can't help myself!!

xx

My weigh in is at half 6 on a Thursday night, I really like my class and look forward to going so thats a plus! I go with my Mam, she doesn't have as much to lose as me but it's nice to have the support!

Off to America on my hols, my boyfriend is going round America and Canada for two months so I'm flying over to meet him for the last two weeks, was hoping for a huge transformation for when I arrive there and see him but we will wait and see hehe!

I'm from Sunderland up near Newcastle :) no, not at all, its nice to get to know each other!

x

Oh wow Lucy.....that'll be amazing and such an incentive for you. Can you imagine how great you'll feel and his reaction. You can def do it.....am so excited for you!!!! You'll miss him loads tho huh? I couldn't bear the thought of mine being away for that long! :cry:

I've always been overweight and have done SW a couple of times before and done well. I guess I just got to the point where enough is enough. Am 38 in June and if I don't do something now, then I never will. Don't want to hide under big baggy clothes anymore!!!!

Its great that you enjoy class and you have the support of your Mum. I don't have anyone to go with, otherwise I probs would.....have always done classes in the past.

Hope u have a good weekend and have something nice planned!

Aw yeah I'm going to miss him like crazy! But I'm really excited! Can't wait! (Although, I dare say the SW plan will go out the window while I'm over there! But I'm hoping to get straight back on track when I return)
I'm hoping to get to my target by October-ish, do you have any time frame in mind?
I'm the same, I've always been around this size..I'm just dying to get into some of the clothes I've always wanted to wear.
I even bought myself a dress quite a few sizes smaller as motivation! It's actually quite helpful as whenever I'm tempted by 'naughty' foods I go and have a look at the dress!

Not many plans for this weekend, just work and (hopefully) some excerising on Sunday- I really need to step-up my exercise, just not sure what to do. Not really keen on going to classes or anything like that by myself so usually just have a run about the house! haha

Lucy x

Aw hun. Working the weekend? That's not good! What so you do? I live for Fridays at 3:30, although had to bring a stack of work home this weekend, so that's not so good.

Bet you will miss him but it's such an incentive that you have. Like you say, holiday is a holiday and if this is a long term thing then u have to have time off. Makes it more sustainable then!

I agree with the clothes thing. Love fashion and make up etc but can't go near most of the high street tops. Don't think I have ever found a dress that fits, but would love to one day. I can dream!!

I struggle with exercise, don't like being a billy no mates and feel self conscious going to gym or classes. Shame we don't live closer, we could kick each other into going to something.

I don't really have a deadline to be honest for shifting this. Would love to one day wear a bikini!!! Long long way off lol. Would love to be at 14 stone ish by the summer. Long way to go and can't decide what target should be. Hmmnnnn?
xx

Aw yeah thats a shame, we could have joined a class together!

I think I'm a loooong way off wearing a bikini but im hoping someday hehe! I'm hoping to get down to 11 stone which I think is about right for my height. Think that should be a size 10/12.
Thats the only thing that puts me off sometimes, when I think how far I have to go. Seems a bit daunting sometimes.

I work from home, I'm a chat moderator for Tombola bingo, its quite a good laugh and working from home is great! I've just graduated from uni with a degree in Journalism so hoping to do something with that one of these days! ha

Well, WI this morning and lost 2.5lbs! Whoo Hoo!!! So that got rid of that pesky pound gain last week plus another 1.5!! Chuffed to say the least as haven't been 100% all week!:D

So my target this week is 1.5lbs off to get my first stone award.

sounds like you enjoy ur Job Lucy, which is the main thing and working from home is a bonus!! Know what you mean about the Uni thing, I graduated with a degree in Modern Languages and ever since have been working as a Commercial Manager for a defence company. Hey Ho.....that's life!

Hope you have a good day hun!
x

Welcome Lucy and WELL DONE Rach.

Lucy, you will look SOOOOO different by the time you go away. It doesn't matter how much you've lost, it's enough time for you to make a big difference.

I was in the same boat. 6 months ago, I could only shop in plus size shops (plus get a few things in M&S but was growing out of them too) whereas now, I'm not sure whether I could shop in plus size shops because I might not fit into them. I haven't done my first proper shopping trip (I'm a bit nervous if I'm honest) but I'm into a size 16 bottoms (some of which are starting to get a bit loose) and mostly a size 18 top. But I started at a 24 bottoms, and 24-26 tops.

So good luck, keep posting and looking forward to hearing about all the changes you get.

Gail x

Hi Gail,
WOW thats fantastic!! Well done! I think I am most excited for the shopping, just knowing I can buy things from any shop and they will fit me!
You've done so well so far! Amazing!!
What day do you have your weigh-in?

How did you manage to get your SW stickers on your post up there? I've been looking everywhere for them! haha x

Hi Rach,
WELL DONE!! Wow thats fantastic. :D it's a great feeling having a loss isn't it! Love it!
Aw you're so close to your first stone!
I was hoping for a pound off for my first stone award last Thursday but I lost half a pound. So annoying! haha So only another half pound to go, if that doesn't drop this week I'll go crazy haha. I want to hear that bell!

x

lucyolivia said:
Aw yeah thats a shame, we could have joined a class together!

I think I'm a loooong way off wearing a bikini but im hoping someday hehe! I'm hoping to get down to 11 stone which I think is about right for my height. Think that should be a size 10/12.
Thats the only thing that puts me off sometimes, when I think how far I have to go. Seems a bit daunting sometimes.

I work from home, I'm a chat moderator for Tombola bingo, its quite a good laugh and working from home is great! I've just graduated from uni with a degree in Journalism so hoping to do something with that one of these days! ha

Hi Lucy. Was just browsing through and noticed your post about where u work. How did u get into that job? Would love to work from home xx

**"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"**

Hey yummy,

The job is a chat moderator for their website, so basically you just gotta pop in the chat rooms, keep the chat going, make sure no-one is being naughty and run quizzes and award £1s. Its fab!
Good luck xxxxx

Last edited:
Thanks Guys!! Really chuffed!!! :D

Gail, that is sooo amazing - I would love to be able to go into a normal shop!!! The time will come......its just so frustrating at the moment, especially as I love clothes so much much tend to hide away in black!!! Got a new pink top on today though that I had for Christmas and it didn't fit....so thats a good thing! Still an 18 though....I was clearly beginning to grow out of those!!

Morning Lucy!!

Thanks hun!! And yeah, to get on those scales and see a lower number is just so rewarding and gives you the best feeling! Am sure sure sure you will get your award next week....fingers and toes crossed!!!

Off to investigate getting awards!! Following a lead from Gail! Wish me luck!!!
x

What kind of meals are you having? I'm always looking for new inspiration.
Slimming world chips is a favourite of mine, often topped with syn-free Chilli and cheese.
I also like to have on a lunchtime, a ham salad sandwich in a wholemeal roll with a packet of snackajacks or french fries.

Also, I never used to be a fan of diet drinks but I have found Sprite Zero and Dr Pepper Zero the most convincing! haha

Hope you're all having a good day! x

Back