Hi All :)

stef2009

Gold Member
Hi everyone!!! Just abit about me quickly... Been on a vlcd for 3 months and lost 4 stone, went straight to weight watchers and lost 5lb in 3 weeks then it just stopped lol i checked what calories i was having with my ww points and it was under 1000. this clearly doesnt work for me, was also feelin super tired etc! SO i moved over to calorie counting today, aiming for 1400 cals, BUT seen mention of this over there, and was very very intigued!!!

I get u have up days and down days, and ive done the calculations on the juddd site, but how many up days and how many down days do u have???

Im getting alittle excited at starting something new again, i promised i would do calorie counting for atleast a week, but i am very very impatient and i want to start this asap!!!

It seems its working well on you lovely ladies, what i dont understand is, how is this forum not mad busy if it works so well?? Im suprised, thought there would be loads of people!!!

Oh and one more question, on vlcd i suffered hair loss, and although its treatable, i would rather not loose my hair :) is hair loss a downside to this??

Many thanks in advance for ur replys xxxx

Lol stef, I'll b moving here after a vlcd too. Let me no how it goes. Did u lose those 5lbs in the three weeks straight after a.vlcd? Did u gain any weight first? I was gonna go straight into this diet. I'm due to stop in 2 weeks, just thinking ahead x

Hi hun, i went straight onto weight watchers, i did my own re-feed for a week, had a shake in the morning and then followed ww plan the rest of the day and lost 2lb, was very shocked lol and then another 3 after, not gained anything since coming off but now its just stopped, im all over the place at the minute, trying to find the 'right diet' for me!!!

Excited about this tho :D

Always best to think ahead!! xxx

Time2go teetiefunk came straight from a vlcd and had (I think) sts or 1lb lost, buuuut this is good as you would expect to put something on moving over due to your liver regaining fluid. I moved over from vlcd and had a 2lb loss my first week.

Welcome stef!

Dr Johnson recommends a pattern of up day, down day, up day, down day etc as its the constant swing that stops you going into starvation mode but also flicks the weight loss hormone s____1??

Most of us seem to do down days mon, wed and fri, and then up days the rest. This gives us 2up days back to back sat and sun. I've done this from day dot and been fine, as have others. But dr j advises doing alternate days for a constant 2wks to make sure the switch is flicked!

17 lost : 50 to goal

Hey thankyou! So let me get this right, we have more up days than down???? Lol its one of these 'to good to believe diets' isnt it lol xxx

It is but it seems to work!!! Honestly check out the challenge thread! If you can manage the DD's you'll be great!

Dr j recommends having equal and alternate up and down days. However, you can run 2 up days together and get away with it. You can not have two down days together as this will put you into starvation mode

17 lost : 50 to goal

Ohhhh this sounds perfect for me, I can deal with down days definatly! I'm even moreeee excited now lol

Right so I've had 1300 cals today, could I class that as an up day or is that not enough??

I could have up day today, down day tomorrow , up day sat and sun and then back to down day Monday?? Xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I say give it a go and try stef. You are CC anyway, this just changes the pattern from lots one day to very few the next. I started with strict UD/dd but now do mon/wed/fri as dd, sat as an ID (intermediate) and sun/tues/thurs as UD.
I combine JUDDD with principles from the dukan diet and low carb diets and I have now lost 1 stone since April 28th. I've had scales read the same for long periods during that, I had a gain last week when I went for a week of IDs (plus totm) but overall I lose weight.
I use mfp to track my calories and I set my target as the average of my UD/dd for a week. That way I can see if I can be a bit more naughty on ID!!!

gentoo/aptenny

Wooohoooo!!! Can U tell I'm excited lol

Ok so I did the 25% one as didn't know what to choose! Up days 2115 and down 529, I'm aware for the first 2 weeks I cnt go over 500 on down days though. So do I not have to reach 2115?
Xxxx

Hey! I'm Deffo giving it a go!!!

What's intermediate?

And well done on ur loss xxxx

No you don't have to go all the way up to the top of your up day calories - but do make sure you have plenty. I aim for within 200 (I struggle with UD calories sometimes).

An ID is around 1200-1400 calories (possibly 1500 if you have a lot to lose). It's basically what you would normally be on a CC day.

I like JUDDD because I get to eat real food, the kids don't see me eating something different and it fits in with me and my lifestyle rather than me fitting around the diet.

The DD can be hard (I find them easier when I'm at work so I'm dreading the summer break!) but drink plenty and don't beat yourself up if it goes wrong. This diet really is a one day at a time approach.

gentoo/aptenny

You may have to play with the recommended calories. Mine are 325/1625 and I was struggling so I've adjusted them (rounded) to 500/1500. This works for me. my ID is 1000.
I read on another forum you need a swing of over 1000 calories between up and down to kick the sirt1 gene into action. I don't know how true that is, but it seemed a sensible figure to work with.
Good luck and let us all know how you go.

gentoo/aptenny

Thankyou :)

I am used to such little calories now my up days would be a struggle lol so that's what I will need to work on!!

I think I will be fine on my down days, I still have some of my vlcd shakes left which I really enjoy so that's no probs for me :) (I hope anyway!!!)

So gonna start today, today will of been my up day, I will have my first down day tomorrow and then an ID day sat, an up day Sunday and down day Monday, that's ok right? Xxx

Yeah that makes sence, I'm gonna go for 500 down day and well anything upto 1800/2000 up day, I know I'll never go over that!!

I have 2 and a half stone to lose xxx

That's how I do it. (although I don't use shakes I have real food but shakes do make the counting easier).
Jo doesn't count calories on her UD and does fine; bit I'm not sure "what" I'm eating so I prefer to log it all.

gentoo/aptenny

I am doing my vlcd till 29th June. I have a hen night 30th n wedding 6th. I will obviously b lots of intake on these days. Inbetween I will cut back n then after 6th I'm def doing this so I'm gonna follow ur progress. Each time I have stopped my vlcd I have gained but I always stop for the wrong reason. R u gonna use this thread as ur diary? X

gentoo said:
That's how I do it. (although I don't use shakes I have real food but shakes do make the counting easier).
Jo doesn't count calories on her UD and does fine; bit I'm not sure "what" I'm eating so I prefer to log it all.

gentoo/aptenny

Tht sounds like a good plan :D
I'm gonna count the up day cals untill I'm settled and I know it's working i think!

Thankyou for all the info, really excited now :)
I will be going through all ur diarys in the morning :) xx

time2go said:
I am doing my vlcd till 29th June. I have a hen night 30th n wedding 6th. I will obviously b lots of intake on these days. Inbetween I will cut back n then after 6th I'm def doing this so I'm gonna follow ur progress. Each time I have stopped my vlcd I have gained but I always stop for the wrong reason. R u gonna use this thread as ur diary? X

Sounds good hun! Maybe save a few of it vlcd products for the first 2 weeks when havin ur down days?? That's what I'm doing :)

No gonna go on the diary section now and start one xxx

Hiya! I was so excited I forgot my important hair question lol thanks :)

What would u recommend nutrient wise what I need to have on my up days? Xxx

Back