HI ALLL (NEWBIE )

Anna

:)Hey everyone, thought id introduce myself. I have just stated my xenical diet on the 7/2/2013. Im am really excited about it so far as I have lost 3lbs in 2 weeks this is combined with a diet and exercise!!

I'm sure Ill have loads of questions and will be on here lots - hope u all dont mind!

well now might be a good time to ask my first question:D do you think repeating the same food is healthy? for example my daily meal is

breakfast

oats with a banana and a sprinkle of rasins (some times I have it plane)

snack : Apple

lunch: mix veg with 2 pieces of chicken

snack: Apple

Dinner: health shake

Im thinking is this a good way to eat while taking xenical or am i missing anything

xx

Hello,

Your meals are fine but the thing with sticking to the same foods all the time is that it can become quite boring and don't forget to drink lots of water. I noticed you haven't had any potatoes or rice have you cut those out completely? I have just completed week four. Good Luck with your weight Loss :) x

:)Hey everyone, thought id introduce myself. I have just stated my xenical diet on the 7/2/2013. Im am really excited about it so far as I have lost 3lbs in 2 weeks this is combined with a diet and exercise!!

I'm sure Ill have loads of questions and will be on here lots - hope u all dont mind!

well now might be a good time to ask my first question:D do you think repeating the same food is healthy? for example my daily meal is

breakfast

oats with a banana and a sprinkle of rasins (some times I have it plane)

snack : Apple

lunch: mix veg with 2 pieces of chicken

snack: Apple

Dinner: health shake

Im thinking is this a good way to eat while taking xenical or am i missing anything

xx

Hi looks good, well done on the 3lb loss!

When I started using xenical I got side tracked by all the low fat snack items, and my weight loss stalled, I know the reason for it now (hindsight lol) so keeping away from the processed low fat snack foods is a good plan, well done!

I agree Having the same foods day in day out can get dull.. You have many choices of meat as long as they are lean - fat and skin removed - lots of supermarkets have extra lean beef mince, lean lamb, turkey etc, wild salmon is ok, but farmed salmon can cause issues. Load up on lots of different coloured veggies, salads etc

With reducing the carbs, bread etc should reduce your blood sugar highs and lows - so gradually your cravings should disappear .. And your hunger reduce.. So the theory :)

But even on the tablets you need to include some good fats, but in limited amounts and in between the tablets like 1-2 hours after taking them. Almonds, pumpkin seeds etc 5-10 daily were ok for me - very little reaction ( every body is different tho) I also took a multi vit plus fish oil tablet - just before bed and had no issues. Was/Am trying to restore the imbalance of omega 6 : 3 balance - we modern humans eat more omega 6 oils, than omega 3 and your body gets out of balance .. Can't remember the rest .. Google it - makes interesting reading

Cooking with a small amount of good oils - almond, coconut oils etc a tsp or less didn't cause me an issues. It's was when it was more than that.. I had side effects lol ;)

Eating a lighter meal in the evening is also meant to be good for you - so can see the shake working that way :)

Good luck, some of us here on the xenical forum pages - have stopped taking the tablets but have stayed for the good support, and to support others who are just starting :) we know how the tablets work and will try to answer questions :) even if we are not quite following the same plan :) .. Case in point .. me, I'm trying to go "Primal" ;)

Morning Ladies

Thanks for your replies... very helpful
:)

I have cut out bread, egg, potatoes, rice, sweets, chocolates, pizza basically almost everything
:sigh:
I was diagnosed with PSOC in 2005 and have noticed that my body so dearly holds on to literally everything I eat so I have to exercise real hard and my last meal is at 5pm if I am hungry after that id have fruit only.

I stuck to this for a year and went from 16 stone to 12 stone 100lbs.... unfortunately bad habits and laziness crept back in and I went up to 14 stone 4LBS in the space of 9 months
:break_diet:
this was terrible for me and to be honest shameful as I had been giving advise to my weighty friends about diet control then all of a sudden I'm the same weight as them ....

So now I am really determined to get back to 12 stone and stay there regardless of the PSOC.....

I have tried to eat nuts but end up finishing the whole packet throughout the whole day which I know is no good

626082.png

I may have to change up my daily intake, but I would need to get help on what I can add to my list of can eats. So far based on what you ladies have said i'l add tuna, lean lamb, turkey and wild salmon.

How do/ did you take your Xenical? I take mine with my meals is it better to wait after meals before I take it?

Today’s started off good just at work and so far i've had an orange and water

for breakfast at 10:30 ill have some oats with a banana and Greek currants

lunch i’ll have some chicken soup

dinner my shake

2 snacks for today will be apples

Hopefully I won’t get tempted into all of the valentine chocolates in the office heheheheh

My husband is being so supportive yesterday he joined in with me while I was doing my cardio and we ended up doing 1h and 20 min of exercise felt sooo good ...

but then I checked the scale this morning and noticed that I had not lost anything :cry:I know I should not check the scales everyday but it seems like it’s an addiction....

Morning Ladies

I have cut out bread, egg, potatoes, rice, sweets, chocolates, pizza basically almost everything
I was diagnosed with PSOC in 2005 and have noticed that my body so dearly holds on to literally everything I eat so I have to exercise real hard and my last meal is at 5pm if I am hungry after that id have fruit only.

I stuck to this for a year and went from 16 stone to 12 stone 100lbs.... unfortunately bad habits and laziness crept back in and I went up to 14 stone 4LBS in the space of 9 months
this was terrible for me and to be honest shameful as I had been giving advise to my weighty friends about diet control then all of a sudden I'm the same weight as them ....

So now I am really determined to get back to 12 stone and stay there regardless of the PSOC.....

I have tried to eat nuts but end up finishing the whole packet throughout the whole day which I know is no good

626082.png

I may have to change up my daily intake, but I would need to get help on what I can add to my list of can eats. So far based on what you ladies have said i'l add tuna, lean lamb, turkey and wild salmon.

How do/ did you take your Xenical? I take mine with my meals is it better to wait after meals before I take it?

dinner my shake

Hopefully I won’t get tempted into all of the valentine chocolates in the office heheheheh

My husband is being so supportive yesterday he joined in with me while I was doing my cardio and we ended up doing 1h and 20 min of exercise felt sooo good ...

but then I checked the scale this morning and noticed that I had not lost anything :cry:I know I should not check the scales everyday but it seems like it’s an addiction....

Hi Anna,

I was told by my GP not to eat nuts as they are full of fat even a few! i know you said you drink shakes but i don't know anything about those. Meatwise i have only ate chicken or Turkey and if you fry those make sure you use a spray oil. Tuna is the one is spring water pretty bland but you can jazz it up with a fat free dressing (Kraft do a french one which is fat free) and obviously have with a salad/baked potato. I really like Quorn sausages i stick mine in the oven and have with roasted HM Roast Potatoes odd combo but it's nice! I put most things in the oven as i don't like frying things.

I have cut out bread completely too i lost a lot of weight when i gave it up for a few years but i went back on it... now i have Ryvita with cottage cheese and relish You can also have Prawns/crabsticks they have hardly any fat in them. Marmite is nice on them too.

Soups: you can have some Covent Garden ones and glorious soups are low in fat.

Maggi cook in the bag seasonings are nice makes a nice change from plain chicken and are all within the limits. Weight Watcher meals are within the rules (some not all)

AVOID CHEESE AND EGGS

Jacket potato and beans

You can have Sorbet or ww puddings i also love muller light and yeo valley fat free yogurts.

Sorry for the ramble

I snack on muller lights/snack a jacks and fruit and you can have special K crisps

You can have diluted squash if you like those drinks

I take my tablet 3 times a day soon after my meal (it says up to an hour)

I would say to you if you cut out everything completely it will be boring and a LOT harder you should be able to enjoy your food

You can have pre cooked meats- ham-pastrami-chicken etc

You can fill yourself up on fruit and water and healthy snacks don't go hungry as there is always temptation to eat something bad.

When do you go for your first weigh in? Good Luck if you have any other questions ask away.

Morning Ladies

[*]Calories in Sainsbury's Unsalted Mixed Nuts & Raisins 200g
Per 100g - 515 calories | 35 fat

dinner my shake

Hi I understand your reasons for cutting out those foods - seems to help with the psoc and weight loss :) but is really hard .. Marks daily apple has some interesting recipes, that don't include grains etc also searching primal/ paleo recipes has some deserts etc that can help with craving :) and taste good too

I portion out my nuts into small bags and hide the rest of the pack/ portions - out if sight .,

I made a mix called sweet and salty primal trail mix .. Portioned into 1/4 cup amounts .. But with the tablets it's trial and error as to what they will react to.. Having a small amount of orange oil in the loo is normal if you are eating nuts etc as the tablets are getting rid of a 1/3 of it. If you don't have the nuts and other good fats then you won't get the orange oil in the loo.. But with cutting out the carbs you need to increase the good fat in your diet but be careful :)

Take the tablet at the start of your meal with a large glass of water :) I found that best for me otherwise I forgot lol

Apetina light feta is over the 5g fat but I didn't get any reactions to it. Eggs were ok for me but others have issues with them, I would try them and then see what happens., maybe at the weekend ;) when your not working.,

Some people when they start the tablets get bloating and have issues going to the loo. Sennakot can helps if all else fails, plenty water and veggies .. I took and still take aleo Vera juice cranberry flavor for bloating/ gas and digestive Heath - have a google the Heath benefits are interesting :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Wow dieting is soooo mind challenging ......

Its like you have to think about everything, I'm soo food conscious at the moment which I guess is good

I am going to try those soups, I'm staying away from pork for now especially with all this talk about horse meat being found in pork :confused: I'm just going to stick to chicken and fish for the min hehhehehheheheheh

O gosh me and eggs are sooo not compatable, one egg = 5h of passing wind for me, I don't think people at work or my hubby at home would be happy tolerating that :p

I have 3 fruit a day between meals and I also drink green tea and I take a spoon of all Vera (when I remember )

I read on line that cinnamon is also good for weight loss So I might put half a tea spoon in hot water in the morning. The directions actually say a spoon of honey and half a spoon of cinnamon but as I have a spoon of honey with my oats I'll just do the half spoon of cinnamon and hot water.

I had the whole pack of mixed nuts on Monday and I didn't see any oil :eek: So I thought to my self maybe it was to much fat for the pill to handle so the fat didn't go through me..... O well I'm staying clear of nuts their my best snack besides sweets, I think cos I can't eat sweets I demolished the nuts out of depression hehehehehehhe

Im going to take the tablet before meals so I don't forget

My next weigh in is 27 march, as I weigh myself daily I'm not really excited about my weigh in as I already have an idea of my weight.

Tonight I had 3 pieces of chicken drum sticks (small and skinless) with spinach yummy

I went to holland and Barrats today to get multi vitamins and cod liver oil as Iv noticed that I feel dizzy, might be cos I'm loosing the fats my body needs. I should feel better tomorrow

Off to do 30min cardio then off to bed

I couldn't have scales in the house i would be obsessing too much. You can have Haribo and boiled sweets.

No not usually .. But for me I get a sugar buzz and crash later.. And then as I like sweets I have more next time .. Then it becomes a habit ., so no sweets for me!

But I like my dark 75% cocoa green and blacks organic choc :)

same here I love blacks organic choc :) but i get too carried away with it .....

Today I woke up and felt an extra burst of energy so I decided to have a 13min work out on the treadmill :D
I strongly believe the calories that the treadmill says im burning is soooo wrong, if I was really burning 250 calories in 15min why have I not lost more??????? usually I do a 1h fast walk/ running workout on the treadmill, I think I should be loosing more. Maybe eating all those nuts was a set back so i'll see how it goes now iv stopped them.

The weekends are the most challenging for me as I am home all day and have the habit of eating a lot, I need to find something to do at home this weekend to keep me busy :rolleyes:

I also wanted to cook hubby a late valintines dinner on saturday but I am not sure what to cook that we can both eat :confused: any suggestions???

Nice steak (cut into heart shape ) and salad? Cooked beet root.. Peppers stuffed with extra light Philly grated carrot salad ?? Baked sweet potato?

Followed by dark choc dipped fruit/ nuts ??

I find when I exercise a lot that my weight doesn't shift down very quick but I loose inches ?!

:cry: I hate birthdays in the office urghhhh people bring in so much sugery stuff food and treats and guess where they decide to place these things????

:mad:thats right on the desk right beside me!!!!

im doing sooo well I need so much will power today .............. HANDS OFF ANNA

so you dont exercise at all? are you just dieting only ?

No I exercise 2/3 times a week most of the time / I do a kettle bell class 2x a week (except for times like valentines lol) Monday morning and Thursday evening - have also been doing a boot camp / HIIT class Fridays - just not today .. Just lacking energy today - my youngest son was awake loads last night, so just very tired - no good exercising when I feel like this - just makes me feel worse :).

This sounds good except for the beet root I dont like it not sure why.....

Ill do stake an salad with mix veg. Ill do some brown rice with sauce for him only

At the gym I go on the treadmill . I do a fairly fast walk around 5.7 speed and it only burns about 80 cals in 15 minutes.

Back