Hi Everyone - Any men on here? - Newport

Notebook

Hi
Just started with xenical this week. Wasnt clear about 5% rule etc and as yet havent had any side effects. Read it can take a while to kick in?

A few questions
1 - the doc weighed me, gave me a repeat prescription for I think a total of 3 months - never had a repeat prescription, so not sure what to look for. Pharmacist gave me back a peice of paper to drop back at the docs when I run out - Is this correct?

2 - The doc mentioned 5% of body weight and to get weighed in one month by the nurse. Am I expected to loose that in one month or over the 3 months?

3 - Any ideas on what kcal intake I should be aiming for - start weight 150k clothed (like it makes a difference)

Forgot to say I am a male - 45 1/4 years old!!

Reactions: kae
Helllo male 45 1/4 years old haha!

Firstly yes there are a few men on here! Not many tho ha! Red koala and kims dad are a few! I do t think there are anymore!

Ive not heard of th doc giving you 3 moinths at a time but each doc is different. The Pharmacy do give u a slip if u need to go back and collect the rest but i wouldnt worry!

The doctors have guidlines they have to follow and in order for your doc to keep you on them you usually have to loose 5% of your weight by 3 months and 10% by 6 months. I personally didnt but the doc still kept me on them so i wouldnt worry too much!

Some people dont count cals some people do! The easiest way to find out how many cals you can have for your weight and height etc is to go on a cal counting website! The one i used was www.myfitnesspal.co.uk but im not sure if some one was having problems with it. Try it and see if the site works. If not im sure some of the others will be along with some more!

good luck with your journey!

Love katie
xx

Thanks Katie
Thanks for the info - looking at your picture, it makes one hell of a difference losing weight - you look fantastic.

Nick

Thank you! still got a way to go! But taking pics along the way really helps motivate you!

I havent got a full length pic of me at my biggest weight (camera shy:eek:) which i regret! so maybe you could take a few pics and then again in a month or so to give you some extra motivation!

xxxxxx

haha! im sure i could do a spot of shopping to find u one! :giggle:

xxx

welcome!!

if you want to count the calories you the link that katie posted, personally i follow weight watchers which i find works for me!

theres great support here so feel free to ask any questions!!
xx

if you join my fitness pal it tells you how much calories a day you can have in order to lose weight.
weight watchers is points based.

on ww you count points! sw is good (obviously :) ) as you get lists of foods you can eat freely! like pasta potatoes and eggs on green days and on red days you can eat as much lean meat in as possible! but there is a fee obviously and you attend a class every week if u dont do it online.

When i calorie counted i ha about 1400 calories and i was 16st 7lbs. it also depends on if you are male or female and your height so its best to use an online calculator to make sure u r getting enough cals

xx

on ww you count points! sw is good (obviously :) ) as you get lists of foods you can eat freely! like pasta potatoes and eggs on green days and on red days you can eat as much lean meat in as possible! but there is a fee obviously and you attend a class every week if u dont do it online.

When i calorie counted i ha about 1400 calories and i was 16st 7lbs. it also depends on if you are male or female and your height so its best to use an online calculator to make sure u r getting enough cals

xx

yes boss!!!

sw? slimming world? that work with this - sister did red and green days (or was it T shirts? some time ago)

yes boss!!!

sw? slimming world? that work with this - sister did red and green days (or was it T shirts? some time ago)

yes it does! you have to becareful what you choose for your syns. The first few weeks is like trial and error! For example some people react with eggs some dont some people have side effects with oily fish like salmon some dont!

I just completed my first week on slimming world and lost 6.5lbs! and i know xenical helped me with that loss! I had a few sneaky squares of chocciebut counted them as syns! and i didnt have any side effects! Ive never eaten so much yet lost so much lol! cant rve about it enough!

Maybe u could ask your sis if you could borrow her books and see how u go!

xxx

Hi All
stunned by the kcal allowance predicted. Logged in and rechecked my stats - put my weight in using kilos and must have switched to imperial (foot inches) as it had me down as 1 foot 8 inches (not sure if that sounded fun) anyway now 2000kcals

well stick to that for now and see how it goes, if you dont see a loss maybe reduce the calories, just an idea?

Hi Cartman
Noticed you started the same day as me - havent adjusted my profile - doesnt give me access - I take it your taking the tabs - Are you counting kcals etc? any info appreciated.

I'm trying to stick to the 5g rule , I'm not counting cals as such just trying to eat healthy.

Back