Hi everyone I am Lisa and I am fed up of being overweight!!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by lillyrose1974, 20 September 2009 Social URL.

1. lillyrose1974

lillyrose1974 New Member

Start Weight:
    12st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.27%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting
    Hi everyone I have just joined this site as I am looking for support and encouragment to help me lose weight and this seems like a great place although it is going to take me a while to get the hang of it. My name is Lisa and I am 35 and a mother to 3 children age 15, 9 and 3. I have struggled with my weight all of my adult life and I know I can lose it but I always end up putting it back on I lost 1 stone 11lb back in 2008 but have regained 1 stone 4lb and I am just feeling very miserable about it and ashamed that I couldn't keep it off. I have always just counted calories before but I am thinking of doing slimming world as my sister-in-law lost alot of weight doing this and she has given me all her books as she no longer goes to meetings after getting to her goal weight, it's just that I find SW a bit confusing and I can't seem to get the hang of it having been so used to always counting calories. My downfall is alcohol as I just can't seem to cut it out completely and I know this is affecting my ability to lose weight, I weigh 12 stone 8lb at the moment and my goal weight is 8 stone 10lb as I am only 5ft 1, I really need to lose this weight as it is affecting my whole life and starting to affect my health too as I suffer with back and knee pain amongst other things, anyway I look forward to finding my way around the site and hopefully making some new friends.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Sammy84

Sammy84 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st5lb(18.73%)
    Diet:
    Eating Sensibly and Exercise
    Hey there hunny, I hope you can find a diet that works for you and we are all here to try and help you out!!!
    If you ever want to chat with someone, let me know!

Welcome and good luck!
    Sammy x

4. Strawberri

Strawberri Mad As A Hatter

Start Weight:
    29st0lb
    Current Weight:
    25st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(10.59%)
    Diet:
    Xenical / Low-cal Diet
    Hiya Lisa

Im a newbie too I soo know what your going through, feeling like you are a failure but your not..

just wanted to say goodluck :D

5. Lisamac30

Lisamac30 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(13.82%)
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating/Low Gi
    Hey!

This site is a fantastic support, good luck in finding the right Diet for you (I think this is probably the most important thing...) were all in the same boat, and we can ALL do it together!

All the best,

6. krzjak

krzjak Member

Start Weight:
    12st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slim fast
    hi lisa,

i'm new to the site too. in a pretty similar situation to you too. i'm 5'3 and weighed in this morning at 12 st 8. i also lost weight in 2008 and gained it back within 6 mths.

i started on slimfast this morning and had my shake for breakfast but then was making sandwiches for the kids and realised that for a few calories more i could have a ham and tomato sandwich on seeded bread. might stick to shakes for breakfast now cos i'm rubbish at eating breakfast cos never feel hungry.

good luck in your weight loss. we can do it !

Ruth x

7. Karmacoma

Karmacoma ::

Start Weight:
    21st9lb
    Current Weight:
    20st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(4.29%)
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating & Exercise
    Good luck! :D
    I've been on this site for a week now and it's great, everyone is so positive and if I feel down or whatever I just log on to here and it makes you feel better!! Everyone is so nice.
    Lets do this!!!!

8. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Hi and welcome. Good luck calorie counting

Irene xx

9. chicklet73

chicklet73 Full Member

hi, there's loads of support on here! good luck!

10. lillyrose1974

lillyrose1974 New Member

Start Weight:
    12st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.27%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting
    Hi everyone, thank you so much for all your warm welcomes, I am feeling alot more positive now I have joined this site and I am determined to do it this time even if it takes me a year to get to my goal weight, I know it isn't going to be an easy ride because I know losing weight is very hard and even harder to keep off but I have been doing well these last 3 days and am going to start weighing myself every saturday, I have been walking alot more as my little boy has just started nursery and it is a 15 minute walk each way so hopefully this will boost my weight loss and I have also managed to steer clear of the alcohol so far but it is weekends that I give in to temptation so this weekend will be the test of my willpower!! Anyway I have 279 calories left so am going to enjoy a little choccy treat, speak soon xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.