Hi everyone!

My name's Esther, and I've joined this forum in hopes of being able to stick to my weight loss plans. I'm 25, and have been overweight since my teens. I've been trying to lose weight on and off for years, but have never managed to keep it up.

About a month ago a nurse at my doctors' made it clear that my weight is beginning to take a toll on my health, in terms of high blood pressure. This had made me determined to make a real go of it, so to speak.

My start weight was 16st 3lbs (6th April), and I have now reached 15st (22nd April). My goal is to get down to 10st or so, not too bothered about exactly how much I'll weigh, more worried about being as fit and healthy as I can be.

I'd love to manage this by my birthday (6th September), but I've no idea how realistic this is. Any advice would be more than welcome! This is the first time that I've sat down and had a good think about *what* I'm going to do, rather than simply say "I'll try to eat less", so I'm rather clueless in terms of what to do/expect.

At the moment I'm just dieting, but I'm hoping to add bike riding, gym visits and swimming soon. Tempted by trampolining too, for some odd reason... :)

Hello and welcome aboard.

This is site is friendly and informative, so stick with us!
I am gearing myself up to buy an exercise bike, never thought about trampolining, though I believe it is a great form of exercise. My son has a huge garden trampoline, but at the moment, I don't have the confidence to try it..but never say never!
I look forward to chatting with you.

Hi there! Just wanted to say a quick hello as your situation sounds very similar to mine. I'm also 25 and have been overweight for as long as I can remember (not a very active child, lol!) and also have problems with high blood pressure. I'm on medication - well 2 lots - and I decided enough was enough! My aim is to lose weight so that someday it might be possible for me to come off the medication. No more tablets sound lovely :)

Anyway, best of luck with your weight loss, and well done on the weight loss so far!

Sian xx

Back