Hi - first time poster..

nicky1

Hi all, love the forum, find it really motivating. I am a CD returner and currently have around 3 stone to lose. I am 2 and a bit weeks in. I'm not able to get to my counsellor every week, but in the first 12 days I lost 10.5 lbs.

Could someone give me a cyber slap please. I am a bit despondent as I have foolishly weighed myself too much and have not lost any weight since Saturday... I know its stupid but I just can't stop myself!

I am SS+, having a porridge, a tetra, a shake or soup and a bar a day. I am drinking probably about 3.5litres water a day if not more. I have been drinking fizzy water but its making my stomach gurgle and me feel hungry, so I'm not drinking as much and more plain water. I have Earl Grey tea, about 4/5 cups a day with my skimmed milk allowance, which after searching this forum I may have to knock on the head, although I have been drinking it throughout. I am a little sluggish in the loo department but am going!

I'm quite frightened of stalling, I have done LL before (about 4 years ago) and this never happened. Is there anything I'm doing wrong?

My inch loss doesn't seem to have changed and my clothes don't feel any looser... waaaaaah!

I have bad breath and am not feeling hungry, classic ketosis signs.

Any encouragement, words of comfort would be much appreciated... thanks for listening

Hey you. Well done on your losses so far. Now for the slap.......

KEEP AWAY FROM THE SCALES!!!!! They surely are evil. Once a week, at the same time is enough. Plus if you take it on a weekly basis, you can count down. ie. day 7 day 6 day 5. Count down to the weigh in. It works for me. Its something to look forward to.

Have you measured yourself at all? Sometimes when we feel where not losing weight, we are actually loosing inches, so thats something you should do. BUT, dont be measuring yourself daily (haha). Measure yourself today, and then once a month only, unless the scales havent moved, then do it. You will be very surprised I can assure you.

10.5lbs in 10 days is a fantastic loss, so bear with it, as the only way those scales can go is down.

You sound motivated so please dont let this get you down. Keep up with the good work x

Bless you! Am just a bit scared. I am motivated, I really want this but am just a bit scared in case losing weight on a VLCD is a one time only thing, and it doesn't work the second time... I WILL NOT WEIGH IN UNTIL THIS SATURDAY, and I'll come back and tell you all how silly I've been! thanks....

Awe thats the spirit. Be looking forward to reading how you get on.

The easy bit is losing, its the maintaining thats hard, but, and here's where I always go wrong. Once Ive lost the weight I go back to my old eating habits, and put lots back on.

This time for me, I will be following the maintenance right to the end, and change those nasty habits of mine. There's some really inspiring people on here. Check out Porgeous's diary, that womans a legend, and many others on here too. x

Bless you! Am just a bit scared. I am motivated, I really want this but am just a bit scared in case losing weight on a VLCD is a one time only thing, and it doesn't work the second time... I WILL NOT WEIGH IN UNTIL THIS SATURDAY, and I'll come back and tell you all how silly I've been! thanks....

Nicky - it will work the second time around, I promise. If you do the diet to the letter, you'll lose weight, I promise. It's just you don't lose weight at a uniform rate per week, okay? Some weeks, you'll lose more than others. A small loss one week will be followed by a bigger one the next. The nearer goal you get, it does start to slow down a bit, simply cos the calorie deficit isn't as big.

Now stay away from the scales. Evil things! They lie. :D :D :D

They don't just measure fat, they measure water, they measure muscle, etc. So in truth, all you can get from what the scales say is a very approximate reading of how much fat you're losing on a week to week basis. Don't look at your losses over the course of a week, look at them over the period of a month for a more accurate picture.

I'm currently refusing to go anywhere near my own scales - I'm only weighing in at my CDC's house at the mo!

you speak the truth! I am doing the diet to the letter, so I WILL lose it. Just impatient (like everyone I suppose).

thanks all, look forward to seeing you round the boards....

hi all, I lost 2.5 lbs this week from Sat to Sat, on my scales, totalling 13 lbs in 20 days. I must confess to being a bit disappointed, but will soldier on (I am so impatient!). I have been flicking through past threads and found one about no of carbs you have a day. I am having a porridge/tetra/soup and bar a day, which is just under 60g carbs a day plus whatever the milk is, would I do better to cut out the bar do you think and add another shake? I am drinking at least 3 litres of water if not more a day?

Am I being unrealistic about the speed of my weight loss? I would like to lose another 32 lbs ideally but would settle for 25 to get me to 10stone.... I have a holiday on 3rd April that I am aiming for...

Any help/reassurance much appreciated. I am so neurotic and needy!

Back