Hi guys, Im thinking of doing this diet ...again!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by mumto4, 3 October 2011 Social URL.

1. mumto4

mumto4 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9.5lb(5.79%)
    Diet:
    LipoTrim
    I have tried twice in the past and both times only lasted 2 weeks as my will power is so poo!. I have been doing slimfast for 3 weeks and not felt hungry with it so thinking that Cambridge could quite possibly work again this time round. Does anyne seriously struggle with the cost though, I personally spend no where near the £35 or what ever it is now adays on food for myself a week so bit worried x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. mama22

mama22 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st10lb(31.5%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    I prefer to think it's 1.85 per meal/ shake and I could spend more then that on my lunch breaks at Gregg's or on a take away so I was well worth it for me. Also great motivation to stick with it as the more I cheated the more it would cost me as I would be on it longer xx

4. spangles

spangles Bouncy Castle

Start Weight:
    19st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    6st12.5lb(35.74%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    i find if i add up all the other stuff: nights out, bottles of diet coke on the go, the odd pick-me-up treat, lunch at work when i haven't done a packed lunch, wine... then i'm saving a fortune.

however, a friend of mine who is a single mum on benefits with three kids really is finding it a big fiancial commitment. But she's just lost 30lbs in seven weeks. she thinks it's really worth it.

5. fairy-mary

fairy-mary Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(7.53%)
    Diet:
    cambridge weight loss programme
    Mmmm Gregs!!! CD Still cheaper and healthier than a gastric band! You can see your clothes that's too big for you on eBay and that'll cover a week and make you feel better!

6. MsJMC

MsJMC Strong women stay slim

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    Most people pay 40 up a week .
    But exante is alot cheaper . And gives same results .

7. MsJMC

MsJMC Strong women stay slim

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
  8. FeeneyFooFoo

FeeneyFooFoo Full Member

I think as has already been said if u add up all of the coffee's, cokes, snacks, take aways, meals out..

I KNOW I'm actually saving LOADS doing this diet...

9. girlygirl1

girlygirl1 Banned

Exante and other VLCDs bought online are cheaper, yes, but they have less variety when it comes to flavours and they don't do the wonderful Tetra packs. Apart from this, they don't offer a one-to-one consultation every week. My friend is one of those people who needs structure; she needs to feel 'accountable' when dieting. She did fairly well previously on WW and SW because of the weekly meetings and weigh-ins. The only problem was the slowness of the losses. She has never yet missed one of her CD weigh-ins.

For those who can just get products delivered and then get on with it, the cheaper versions are fine, I'd say. But a lot of people can't. When you have a month's supply of packs and bars sitting in a box, and the month yawns ahead, full of temptation... lol. It can be tough!

I myself am not a 'slimming club' type person and would hate to be tied to a weekly meeting/group of any kind but I have to admit that the regular weigh-ins and chats with my CDC, did help me a lot.

In the end we have to go with what we can afford, counterbalanced with whether or not we can stick to unsupervised VLCD-ing. If not then we may end up paying out more to lose weight over a longer period of time.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.