Hi Guys

Shazpaz

Hi Guys,

I've just found your site today and its fab fab fab :)

I've been today to the Pharmacy and got my shakes. I'm not starting til Saturday though because I've been invited out to my mum in laws tomorrow and thought it may not go down toooooo well if I tell her I'm not having the meal she prepared !!:rolleyes:

I've been on diets my whole life (I'm 37) and after I lose about 10lbs it seems to stop!!! Lipotrim from what I've read hopefully is the answer. Well done everyone for your self control!! I just hope I can stay the distance.

Wish me luck :eek:

I'll let you know how I get on.

xxxxx:wave_cry:

Hello Shazpaz and welcome!
Congrats on making a decision which will change your life :)
Keep us posted on how you get on!

Last edited:
Hey Shazpaz, welcome to the lipotrim forum and of course this fab site. This diet truly is amazing I also struggled like you with other diets. But this diet is fab, my only advice is drink plenty of water and do not cheat as it will be a nightmare.

Thanks Guys.

I cannot believe I'm saying this, but I wish I could start it today instead of having my mother in laws meal tonight!!!!! She is a fantastic cook.....I'm going to enjoy it with a nice glass of wine then tomorrow I'm off!!:D

My only concern is a message I've seen on another website......a lady said she had hair loss as a result of the diet. I had alopecia to a bit of my hair (at the back of my neck about the size of a 10p piece) when I was eleven. It is not seen (thank goodnesss) but it is a real worry to me that it could reoccur at anytime (not that it has in in the last 26yrs). Have you heard of anyone experiencing this problem? I wouldn't have thought it would happen as I've read the list of ingredients and you have every vitamin you need on there, but I'm sure you can understand my concerns.

Thanks guys for your lovey encouraging comments.

I'll keep you posted.
Shazpaz:)

Hiya, it is possible to lose more hair than usual on a VLCD, as your hair doesnt grow - your body is too busy doing other things!! I noticed myself last week that I was losing more hair than I usually do, but I still have plenty left and am only due to be SSing for another 8 weeks or so.

Weighing up the pros and cons, to me some temporary thinning of the hair - cos it will start growing again - was far outweighed by the speed of the weightloss, the way I am feeling about myself and the fact that I am now wearing size 16 jeans instead of 22-24 LOL!

Thanks Elle,

I am not worried about my hair thinning, I'm worried it will fall out and not grow back!!! If it just thins for a while then the weight loss is more important to me.

I'm loggin off now. Will let you know how I get on starting tomorrow. I'm all set to go. I've even done my little attachment to monitor my SUCESS..........see how confident I am.

Thanks again.

Bye4now.
Sharonxxx :eek:

weight.png

Well todays the day!!!! Had a lovely roast last night (its like the last supper!!). I cannot believe it usually I can lie in on a Saturday and dont get up til 10 ish.........today I was wide awake at 7!!!!!! I'm trying to just drink water til about 10 ish when I have my first shake. I'll be fine with this diet as long as I can palate the shakes! Wish me luck.......I'm gonna need it.

I'll update you later!!!

Sorry if I'm on this site all the time.........I KNOW this is the support I need to get me through this diet.

Thanks guys.
xx

Don't worry about posting loads - that's what getting the support you need is all about. You can post as often as you like about whatever you like ... there will always be a friendly ear.

Good luck with your new weight loss journey - keep glugging the water and grit your teeth through the first few days: it'll be hard but once you hit ketosis, everything becomes easier.

And about the hair loss ... it's not an automatic given - I'm on CD as hair loss was never really a problem for me. Everyone is different :)

Shout if you need help.

Well todays the day!!!! Had a lovely roast last night (its like the last supper!!). I cannot believe it usually I can lie in on a Saturday and dont get up til 10 ish.........today I was wide awake at 7!!!!!! I'm trying to just drink water til about 10 ish when I have my first shake. I'll be fine with this diet as long as I can palate the shakes! Wish me luck.......I'm gonna need it.

I'll update you later!!!

Sorry if I'm on this site all the time.........I KNOW this is the support I need to get me through this diet.

Thanks guys.
xx

A great start to your first day! Its all the excitement of the New Beginning :D
I have my meals at 10, 2 and 6 - I find it easier that way with fewer hours between them!
The flavours are fine - at first I thought 'oooh I am not sure about this' but believe me they really do grow on you!! as long as you dont exxpect them to be utterly delicious thats ok!
We'll expect to hear from you later on, hope it goes well! :)

Best of luck - the first week is the worst but th results as SO WORTH IT!!!

good luck ,,i'm 6 days into and its not to bad,,i think if i can get through the weekend then ive cracked it,, the shakes are quite pleasant actually i'm looking forward to getting my bars as i really need something to chew,,good luck and hope the weight just drops of us lol,,keep us posted ,,ive got my weigh in tuesday morning and the 1st thing i will do is get on here and let everyone know how well ive done ,,,i feel so motivated on the lipotrim, i never did on the other diets ive been on ,,any way good luck :happy036:

Well I've had a strawberry shake for breakfast and a chocolate for lunch. I'll be honest.....I'm not too keen on them! Its the powdery smell!!!!!!!! I've just gone out and got myself a hand blender and I'll give that a go tonight. I had a few lumps in my first shakes so thats not good. The taste is not unpleasent, so I will be able to cope. Like everything, I'll get used to them and from what people say I'll probably get to like them.

Its early days, but I'm not hungery yet. Usually at 11 oclock I get the munchies and by lunchtime I'm starving, but not today. Its doing the job at the moment.........mind you that might be down to the bucket loads of water I'm drinking.....I've not been off the loo :eek:

Thanks for your encouragement guys.

Keep up the grrrrrrrrrreat work.
Sharon xxx:D:eek::):eek::):eek::D

i fint the only thing to get the lumps out is a blender

i find the only thing to get the lumps out is a blender
it makes them all frothy ,,yum yum ,,, ive even bought a shaker type thingy and that doesn't get the lumps out neither ,,my last shake i always have a chocolate done in the blender with hot water ,,,very nice ,keep it up ..there not that bad

I did use the blender for my shake tonight and it was alot better. Lovely and frothy. I think I'll take your advice and try the chocolate hot tomorrow.

Well thats the first day over and not toooooo eventful. I got invited out for tea again (typical). We went and my hubby and daughter ate what looked like the most perfect meal ever with sherry trifle for dessert and me................I STUCK TO MY SHAKE and what was best it genuinely didnt bother me.

A day at a time.........thats what I keep telling myself.

Nite nite guys.
;)

I've done well again thanks. I've had a strawberry for breakfast and a soup at dinner......I spruced the soup up a bit. Not sure if it was yourself or someone else who said add a bit of paprika/spices and plenty of pepper......which I did and I really enjoyed it.

Had a headache today though so just lay down with a couple of tablets and i'm good to go again now. I know these first days are the toughest, but you guys are really encouraging and inspiring (I sound American dont I!!!!!). I never used to drink water, so my body is obviously clearing all the toxins........which is bound to give you a headache.:sigh:

I looked at the slideshow this morning and it really is amazing how well people have done. I WILL do this diet. When I'm motivated I will stick to a diet. The only reason I've come off in the past is because I've stuck to it 100% and didnt lose for a couple of weeks. As long as the weight comes off the I'll be fine.

You look amazing......what a waist!!!!;)

Thanks for your reply and speak soon.
xx:eek::p:eek::p:eek:

Hi Shazpaz, and thank you - hey I wish my waist was REALLY that small lol! Amazing what a bit of good corsetry will do! :D

Glad you are feeling better - headaches are usually carb withdrawal, it is only temporary, dont worry!

The main motivation I think its getting on the scales and seeing how quick the weight comes off - when you think that the 4 stone I've lost so far has taken less than half the time it would take with any other diet, with no plateau, no effort, no brains at all - its just amazing! And to think I was so set against this method this time 5 months ago!

Long live VLCDs!
:talk017:

Back