Hi, I m new and desperate already on day 1

jesselva

Hi everybody, restarted atkins today, had been going great on it, got from 101 kg to 90kg and am 91kg today. found out about this site from my daughter "Mary Sue"... would never have gotten the first 20kg off without her! Feeling low today and dying for a feed of carbohydrate laden junk food..help!

Last edited:
hi and welcome!!! well done you already. how come you came off atkins? if you were doing well?
The carb cravings will pass trust me i know its hard!

Hi jess, and welcome to the site. Hang in there, eat some bacon or something fatty.

Vicky, I don't think Jess is saying she came off Atkins.

Oh and Jess, 10KG is good that near enough 20lbs in my book. well done.

Fab loss so far... just eat yr way back into ketosis (lots of protein not carbs) & those feelings will flood away. It just shows how evil the carb is to our body in how we feel when we detox from them! You can do this. xx

Oh right, sorry Vicky.

Hi everybody. Thank you for replying. I fell into the trap of thinking I could have just a little" of stuff I was craving.Having stayed in Ketosis from May until August, pure simple stupidity on my part. Today going ok so far so good, but far from easy...Flippin shop with all its treats is far too close. Determined to stick it out though...Really want to be able to run and play with my grandchildren and the dogs'...you are all an inspiration. Hope your willpower rubs off on me.

Really like these little marker thingys', I ve just stolen the idea off other members posts'...think it will motivate me to keep it up.....I hope !!!!!!

Last edited:
welcome and good luck

welcome to minimins!!!

atkins is fab, and although you are craving carbs at the moment it WILL pass xx

I find the best thing is as Linzi says just to eat your way back into ketosis with lots of proteins,those cravings will soon disappear then.
Good luck.
lorna x

LOL Susan, got your Mum on board as well. :)

Ah sure the more the merryier/mentaler.

Hi Jess - you'll get loads of support here, everyone's so helpful. I think it's sweet that you're both on the same board.
As everyone else says, keep snacking on good stuff for the first couple of days, I like slices of chicken or ham or even a few brazil nuts (make sure to count carbs though) and, as the name says, water works!

Been bad gave into temptation. Was too ashamed and embarrased to log in....only thing going for me is my honesty. Have started again today. Going to stay out of the house and out of the kitchen until the next 48 hours pass. If I can just get through these hours..I ll make it. Talk about deja vu. Thanks everyone for commenting

Welcome & good luck. The cravings will go soon, just stock up on lots of protein :)

Back