1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Hi -I'm new on here

Discussion in '5:2 Fasting' started by Zebedee, 15 March 2014 Social URL.

1. Zebedee

Zebedee Member

Just wanted to say hi
    I'm starting this week on 5.2

Lost 4 stone on lighterlife in 2009 - but put back 4.5 over the following 4 years.
    Tried everything in between - need to give this a proper go after dabbling a couple of times.

Found the support on minimins fab in 2009 so fingers crossed I can do it again with your help!!

Who has been doing this for longer than a few months - and is it working????

Thanks in anticipation
    Zeb x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Zebedee

Zebedee Member

Day 1 done : exante vanilla shake 201 cals; exante bar 215; broccoli, carrots ,spoon of potato approx 100 cals . Looking forward to breakfast!

4. Hi your story sounds very similar to mine. I'm really interested in this and wondered if u could give me more info on how it works xx

5. Zebedee

Zebedee Member

I watched the michael mosely documentary a few months back and it seemed to make sense, and as im used to having 500 cals on LL so sounded great.medically add well as losing weight wise_ I tried a couple of times before but my head wasn't ready for it. I am now though so I'll keep you posted on how easy it is! I'm planning on doing a fast (500cals) n either Sunday or Monday depending on family stuff and then again on Wed or Thurs - depending on if I am going out at night or not.

6. Rachgleeson

Rachgleeson Well-Known Member

How are you getting on? If you have a bit of protein it will help fill you up or is there protein in the shake?

Sent from my GT-I8190 using MiniMins.com mobile app

7. Zebedee

Zebedee Member

Thanks - yes there is protein in the shake.
    Im doing my second fast day today - getting a bit hungry but thats my fault as i had a piece of flapjack at 2pm as i was caught out unexpectedly and there was no other option other than eat nothing - and id not had anything up til then ... lesson learnt, need to plan!

But think i will get through the next hour ok and then have an early night!!!

8. Rachgleeson

Rachgleeson Well-Known Member

An early night is always a good idea on fast day. I normally plan what I am having the day before. Bovril or oxo drinks are good during the day.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using MiniMins.com mobile app

9. Hi guys.
    Ok so a quick bit about me. I did lipotrim in 2008 and lost 5 stone in 11 weeks. Fantastic at the time but after baby number 2 and a couple of stressful years it all went back on. In the mean time I've yoyo'd with
    sw (worked fantastic but couldn't afford the £5 a week or stick to class due to family commitments),
    ww (couldn't get to grips with points),
    herbalife, exante (both of which boredom set in easily).
    I was always losing a stone or two and then gaining again and being an emotional eater, something stressful in life got in my way. (Or so I told myself)
    A few people recommended this 5:2 but I didn't know enough. On Sunday night I did loads of research and then Monday I woke up completely unprepared and just thought I'm going for it. So I started there and then on Monday on a fast day. I ate normally yesterday and today I have fasted again. So far I love this diet. I feel like I'm making good choices rather than dieting. The main key for me is that there is no boredom element. If I'm struggling today it's ok cos tomorrow I won't be hungry. I love that! I also love that I can plan it around a social life (rare thing) so for instance I know to fast on days when I know nothing will be happening. I've decided to do it on a 4:3 ratio until mid April to give me an extra boost before my friends wedding.
    Thanks for listening to me, T xx

10. Zebedee

Zebedee Member

Hi there
    How is it going? I haven't done another fast day - thinking of doing tomorrow and then tuesday this week.
    The early night thing is a good idea - I have some hypnotherapy cds which will send me to sleep if im not tired!

It is the thought of 'its only a day' which hopefully will get me through if I start to weaken , im a bit nervous of the lack of 'rules' - but fingers crossed i can make this work.

Im hoping on 1lb a week - but even half will be fine as im in it for the long term - if this time next year i can be 52lbs lighter it would be fab :D

good luck x