Hi im new to 5:2

Wow toofatcat that is such a fab loss in such a short time.
I have 2.5 stone to lose all together. I'm worried that what I'm eating on non fast days may spoil if though. It's not the best week to start really as I had a meal out yesterday, had to do group work for uni today and the host made us soup for lunch, then a cheese board and then cake and flapjack. Because I don't know her very well I felt I couldn't turn it down (I even had Brie, I dislike Brie). Tomorrow I have afternoon tea planned then fasting again fri. It's an indulgent week and I guess I don't want to feel disheartened if I don't have a loss x

I'm just getting used to the shock of having skipped an entire stone!! The best news that today I bought myself z new pair of jeans in a size 14 :) :) they're a little snug but not for long. I'm pleased because I've always had to buy jeans in a size bigger than any other clothes I wear. So I e been in a 14 for months in skirts dresses and trousers but a 16 in jeans. Today I've finally managed to achieve it at the same time. Admittedly they're straight jeans and not skinnies. But I don't care :)

On the point of overeating I've found it to beach like the book says. That they find people naturally restrict themselves to 125% of their normal daily intake. Your stomach seems to shrink and you don't overeat

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

toofatkat said:
I've just completed my first two weeks on 5:2. I wS shocked the first week as all I did was gain 7 lb!!! But I didn't feel like I'd gained so I decided my body had gone into shock and would persevere. I was then going in holiday for a week. Only self catering so was going to carry on fasting but instead I decided to relax and not stress about food so basically the second week I just ate what I wanted but kept one eye on the cals so I kept them low ish around 15/600.
When I got back I weighed myself and I was shocked to see that I'd list over a stone!! The first week I'd gone up to 14:3 and the second week I'd gone down to 12:11 !!' Complete shock! So I think the first half of that was only water retention and my body holding into what I fed it but once it realised I wasn't going to starve it it let go of the fat again.
Now I'm home I'm going to do the same two week cycle again. I'm fasting this week and a normal low ish cal counting week next week. Not that I'm expecting such dramatic losses but I'm just thankful that this had got me out of ammost year long plateau

Yay, well done Kat! :) xx

Thanks Tracy must admit I was in shock for ages Hopefully it'll stay off and keep going down now.

I'm hoping that I haven't spoilt my fast days by eating too much the rest of the week :( my second fast day tomorrow. Doing it whilst at work so I'm hoping it will be a tad easier x

I'm fasting tomorrow too :)

following primal blueprint and experimenting with the 5:2 fasting diet

We can keep each other going :) I plan on having shreddies for breakfast, cuppa soup for lunch then maybe half can of beans and a slice of toast for tea :)

I've got a primal choc coconut shake for breakfast

Yogurt and blueberries. Lunch

Dinner roast chook, and salad / veggies

following primal blueprint and experimenting with the 5:2 fasting diet

My fast day today as well. I don't eat til as late as possible as I find once I start nibbling I can't stop. :( I do have a hiatus hernia though and sometimes even I wake up I'm sick so if I feel a bit sick in the mornings on fast days I have a belvita breakfast biscuit and I'm ok.

Today thankfully I'm out and about and busy so it should be easier. Having a 'coffee date' with my hubby this morning in between his appointments then I'm off to do my stint in the foodbank this afternoon. I'm taking a cuppa soup to have while I'm there then will get home and cook tea. Which will be chicken something but not decided what yet. Probably curry of some sort.

Good luck if you're fasting today c

I'm fasting today. A day later than usual! Planning on leaving my 16 hours then poss oats so simple for a late lunch and am going to be brave and try slim pasta for dinner! Eeek! Am a bit scared about that!! Hoping to see a loss on the scales but didn't wi last week as I'd been away an had eaten out every day! And nearly all 3 courses! Haven't been angelic this week either but I am losing better if I have 1800ish cals on up days rather than lower so we'll see!

Well done everyone on your successes so far. X

Now I've lost over 8 stone things are really slowing down, but I will try to get maybe another stone off if I can - won't stress too much if it doesn't happen though. At my age I don't want to go overboard or I'll just end up wrinkly, lol. :) xx

I'm the same after a 6 stone loss. Hoping that 5:2 will boost my loss so I can get rid of the last 2 stone.

Looks like a few of us are doing that. It certainly hot me out of a plateau last week

WillowFae said:
I'm the same after a 6 stone loss. Hoping that 5:2 will boost my loss so I can get rid of the last 2 stone.

Well done on the 6 stone! I hope you have success with the 5:2 to get you to target. I try to avoid the fasting diets due to having had eating disorder problems in the past - you're not meant to do them if that's the case - but I do find it an interesting idea. :) xx

Well done on the 6 stone! I hope you have success with the 5:2 to get you to target. I try to avoid the fasting diets due to having had eating disorder problems in the past - you're not meant to do them if that's the case - but I do find it an interesting idea. :) xx

Thanks. :)

Hey guys can I join please .

I'm starting the 5:2 with tues/sat being my fast days ! I'm at 8st 12 now and want to maintain and any loss will be a bonus !

I'm interested to see what calories you eat on feast days or what kind of meals you eat... What's the kind of normal amount of calories to consume on feast days ?? I will have zero problems with fast days being a previous yo yo dieter this will be easy for me i think lol!!!!

26 yrs Female 8st 12lb 5ft 2in

Back