Hi im new to SF :)

stef2009

Gold Member
Hey ladies, how are we all?

My name stef, ive been dieting on and off for around 4 years now, Been on minimims for a few years and done diets including lipotrim, calorie counting and ww.

Having booked my wedding next year ive had enough now and need to lose this weight!!!

None of these seem to be working for me, lipotrim worked a treat but i put it all back on, i didnt mind having shakes so ive decided slimfast may just be the right diet for me :D

Just so i know ive got this correct...

3 snacks
2 shakes
1 meal ?

Do i HAVE to have slimfast snacks? I dont mind having some but can i have things like quavers that are low cal, or do i strictly have to stick to slimfast products for it to work??

Also what is the average weight loss per week?

Any more info would be great :)

Many thanks.

Stef xx

Hi Stef,

i have only been doing Slim Fast for a week now (1st weigh in tomorrow morning :S ) so not an expert but yes it is 3 snacks, 2 shakes(or meal bars) and 1 meal (600 calorie)

I know you dont HAVE to have slim fast snacks, think many people have quavers or walkers baked crisps etc the rule is its 3 snacks that are each under 100kcal. I think they advise to have one snack like crisps etc and then 2 fruit/Veg so i usually do this - just so i feel im getting my vitamins etc

For the 600kcal meal i am finding it easiest to have a ready meal from the healthy line at supermarkets or like a weight watchers one as its alot easier as you know exactly the calories in them.

Good luck with Slim Fast, keep me updated with your progress and also congrats on booking your wedding - you must be so excited.

Em x

p.s the average weightloss is 1-3lb a week.

If you go on the How to SlimFast post it shows you how you can work out roughly how much you should lose per week.

Em x

Hey em thanks for your reply, nice to meet a newbie too like me :)
1-3lb sounds great to me :D
I agree with the ready meals option for tea, much easier, especially starting off.

I'll have a look at that post now thankyou.
Good luck with ur weigh in tomorrow, let me know how u get on! xx

And thankyou i am very excited for our wedding, just hope i shift all the weight in time :) xx

Hi Stef,

that no probs at all! nice to get to know other new people isnt it! because i think its hard getting started! so i had my weigh in this morning and have lost 4lbs! really pleased with it and best of all im pleased with myself that i didnt cheat AT ALL! ALL week! quite amazed tbh.

The strangest thing too was last night i had a yummy low fat low cal ready meal of curry! (yum) then went to see my bf and he was just about to eat a plate full of chips beans and chicken. . . usually i would of thought OMG YUM GIVE ME SOME but he offered me a chip and i actually turned my nose up at it! i was actually FULL! wow surpised lol

anyway keep updating :)

x x x

Yeahhh 4lb thats brill! well done you for not sneaking a chip, i'm also like that when im dieting and my fella has something i pick off his plate :\ Have 2 stop doing that!!

Well my first day today, i'm constantly thinking about food :O
But i like the shakes and im happy with 3 snacks a day so i should be able to stick to this :)

Been to town this morning and stocked up on quavers, space raiders, yogs, fruit and kit kats haha. Bought some sf ready made shakes too so that wen im out i have no excuse not to have to eat something else!!

Where are you weighing yourself btw? On ur own home scales?

xx

i know its hard isnt it! my bf is the type of person to eat whatever he wants and not put on an ounce of fat! lucky sod! lol

omg i was like that on my first day! even now i wake up and think ooooo i have lasagne for dinner tonight! how sad! haha but in some way it makes me really look forward to it and not want to cheat some how or another!

do you like coffee? if you do try the cafe latte shake - this is my fav! love having it in the morning! really enjoy it.

i weigh myself at home, i used to do slimming world and i know my scales at home are correct :) I am desperatly trying not to weigh myself until Wednesday mornings though because i know your weight can flucuate quite a bit during the week. Have you got a weigh day?

good stocking up! well done. Yes having the premade shakes are handy, i think they taste 10 times better as well! which is annoying because they are more expensive! grrr but Asda apparently have them for £1 a bottle! Also go onto superdrug website. . . all slim fast products are buy one get one free! so for 6 bottles of premade ones its about £4.50 whereas a pack of 6 from Tesco is £6 something i think! im keeping my eyes out for bargains!

Em xx

Thats where i got my shakes from today superdrug :D
I need some really good accurate scales, ive bought 3 sets and all 3 are useless and they wernt cheap either, so now i have to go down to boots every week to weigh myself which is very annoying!!
My weigh day is wednesdays :)

xx

ooo well done :)!

Yes we have Weight Watchers scales and they seem to be good.

snap! thats good i now have a weigh in buddy :) i weigh myself in the morning! so after seven days im not feeling as hungry! this morning i tried the tesco version of slim fast i tried the choc one! please stay away from it! its disgusting! so i had a sip and threw it away so i thought right i will have the strawberry one for breakfast - that one is even more disgusting! so i had an apply mid morning and half way through my latte shake and feeling ok!

i usually start to get starving at about 6 so have my dinner earlish now. Used to have dinner at 8/8:30 but now im having it at 6/6:30 which actually has made me feel better as more digestion time before bed! :)

xxx

Woooo weigh in buddys :D Like the sound of that!!

Omg are they that bad!? Ive had the superdrug versions and there not too bad, im not a chocolate fan anyway, im more a vanilla/strawberry kinda girl haha and there both quite nice actually!

I'm always hungry around 5ish but try to wait till 6, if i eat any later than 7 i always feel really bloated and dont sleep well!

I may have to invest in weight watchers scales then if they are accurate, its not like boots is round the corner and i dont drive so bit of a pain! I also weigh myself in a morning, before i eat, well should i say drink now lol

I work from home so find it very hard, thats always been my downfall, stuffing my face sat in a nice warm house. Even tho im busy its just when i go to make a drink i cant help but pick!!

I think if i had to go out to work id cope so much better!!

I hope im also not feelin as hungry after my first 7 days, as they say the first weeks always the hardest.

xxx

ooo good, yer they are terrible! i thought they'd be ok! but no! im styaing well clear of them.

Yes weight watcher scales seem to be ok! yes def must be a right pain to have to go to boots to weigh in!

Yer thats my worst problem, picking! i used to get in from work pick at things then cook dinner and pick at dinner whilst cooking it so when i got to actually eating dinner i would feel full already! so now i dont pick even though when im making dinner now im usually really hungry but when i do actually get to eat it i appreciate more because im hungry :) not already half full! lol

Yer i can safely say it gets better as you go on! so hopefully by week 2 i'll be even less hungry! lol

xx

Thankyou :) xx

Hello,

hope your ok and your SF day is going ok!

i think i may have become a little bit mental being on this diet - i have just ordered 56 premade bottles from superdrug! basically i figured if i buy them now that will last me 28 days (2 shakes a day) and that will take me to next payday! ALSO saved a whoping £38!!! because they are buy one get one free!! AND also figured that if i have bought it then im going to stick to it (heres hoping anyway)

Going to order a few snacks as well but had to do in seperate transactions as otherwise the snack become the free bits and you dont save as much!

:) xxx

Hi I'm new!

Hi guys good to hear you are doing so well - I have been trying with Slim fast for 3 weeks now and have only lost 1.5 lbs - I blame the new scales in week 2!:D

Anyway I am hopefully going to be better this week - I find the weekends hard as I have to cook for my 3 year olds and be around food all day - also getting home from work is tough - have sucummed to the odd malted milk.

Any advice gratefully recieved!

Hi Lilo

i always blame the scales too ha! but if your old scales were weighing in too low then you could have lost more than 1.5lbs?! but anyway a loss is still a loss! its better than a stay the same and alot better than a gain!

Tbh my only tips are to drink as much water as possible. . . it does help to fill you up! and also space out your snacks! i usally have shake at 8-8:30, 1st snack at 11:30-12:00, 2nd shake at 12:30-13:30, 2nd snack just after my 2nd shake, 3rd snack about 3:30 and then dinner at 6-7:30 (7:30 is late for me now and by then im usually starving)

i also find for dinners the easiest and simplest way is to have a ready meal, either weight watchers or tesco light choice - any low fat range is usually good for low cal. But also watch out for salt as some have high salt content! i usually look on the nutrition info on the front and if all green then its a gooden!

Good luck and keep us updated with your progress.

x x x

haha emma that made me laugh, its a good idea tho!! Im sticking to making them myself as im working at home, it makes me feel like im actually making my breakfast and dinner (if that makes sence lol) even though the premade are much better!!! I just use them for if i have to go out so i know i can deffo have my shake :D I'm sure you will stick with it :) :)

Hey lilo!! well done on your weight loss so far, everyone is different in loss's i think, some lose alot at first, and some lose more once there bodys into it.
Yes and i always blame the scales haha although i cant now as i go to boots to be weighed as i cant cope with the scales telling me ive put on 2lb when i havnt lol!!
I dont have much advice at the moment apart from stay strong :D and if u like your food, keep thinking of your evening meal, but if your like me and like your snacks, keep waiting for snack time haha.

Ive found im not getting in my 3rd snack though as im quite full after tea and i'm asleep by 10 as my son gets up at 5 every morning grrr lol

My daily plan goes like this

Breakfast shake 9.30am
Mid morning snack 11am
Dinner 1pm
Mid day snack 2.30pm
Tea-time 5.30-6pm

Im kind of glad i dont use my last snack anyway as i dont want to eat the readymeade meals all the time, so i know i have an extra 100 cals to play with if i fancy something different for my tea :D

Hope this is of some help to you!
By the way whats ur weigh in day? Ours is a wednesday xx

Stef x

I know haha! went a bit crazy! BUT im really really really hoping that the delivery man doesnt take it back to the depot if no ones in when they deliver it because if i have to pick it up i dont think i'll be able to lift it haha!!!

i do exactly the same. . . look forward to snack time!! i cant think about my dinner tonight because i dont know what im having!!! got to go shopping after work!!! would kill for a nice big plate of fish and chips though! mmmmmm! BUT i must resist temptation!!!! :)

Weekends are hardest for me! when im at work then im distracted and also when im at work i make sure i drink water! comes from the water machine so lovely and cold!!! :)

i also know what you mean about making breakfast and lunch! even though its a shake i completely understand :) xxx

omg!!! also forgot to mention just had the BIGGEST temptation at work! someone bought in CAKES! ahhhhh.....im not a cake person myself BUT these were danish patries and jam dohnuts!!!!!! and i had to put them on the plate, my god they spelt amazing! BUT i didnt even lick my fingers lol! very proud of myself :)

Emx x x

Ahhhhh well done you!!! I duno if i could of resisted, i prob would of ate one and sacrafised my dinner, thats not good is it lol!

The only time i know i'll really struggle is the skool holidays wen my sons off school, that is the time i could fail bigtime :\ But thats not till feb now thank the lord!!!

I am just waiting and waiting for wednesday to get weighed lol xx

Back