• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Hi i'm new to this - anyone starting today 15th?

Hi leanne :)
I'm also leanne and starting today!! Ice done it before but was skint so had to give up for a bit. Ketosis for me usually starts day 3 or 4. Ppl become rly obsessed with peeing on sticks and things but don't worry too much, if ur doing the dirt right u lose weight, simple as!!
Good luck, first few days are definitely the worst...on day 4 I'm usually achey and cold. But I promise u, ppl are telling the truth when they say it gets easier...I was in a high for a whole month when I did it before! It's sooooo worth it!
How much do u want to lose? X

Hi and welcome to Cambridge . Like LeaV says dont worry too much about ketosis , its not what makes you loose weight , it just makes your hunger pangs go and makes it easier to stick to . I usually go into ketosis on day 4 , day 3 is always the toughest , if you push yourself through the first 3-4 days you will be fine , just drink lots and distract yourself !

As for the porrige , it does take some practice to get it right !! I always make it with more water , use just boiled water and add 1 tablet sweetener , then mix it and mash it with a fork so well mixed , then microwave for 1 min . Experiment with the amount of water you use , it is nice when you get it right !!
Good luck :)

Hi Girls,

Thanks for your responce.
Leanne I want to lose 5 stone, how much do you want to lose? How are u finding your first day?
Determintor how long have u been on this diet? How much have you lost? If you dont mind me asking!! xx

Hi :) I'd like to lose 4 stone but I'm setting myself little goals along the way!
I'm currently 14 st 7 and I'd give ANYTHING to be under 13 before Xmas because I haven't been that weight since I was a teenager. I'm 28 now!!
First day going well, mostly cos I'm still in bed haha. Good luck, just keep yourself occupied and get through the first couple of days! X

Hey not at all

I started in november 2009 , did SS for 5 months and lost 6 stone . I then had a break for 7 months , I did slimming world and managed to maintain ok , then I had my gallbladder out so had to stay off another 3 months , now I have been back for 2 weeks .. I have lost nearly 7 stone and all added together I have done CD for 5.5 months :) I have another 1.5 - 2stone to go

Hi, I'm starting again!
Tried last week but every day failed:( exept Saturday, but blew it Sunday.

So yes day one today! So far so good!:)
I've also done this s few years ago.
X

LovelyLauren

My husband = My hero
Hi Girlies

Good luck with your starts, if u get in the right frame of mind you've cracked it!

Keep going xxx

Is this "my" Leanne lol xx

I'm starting back again today after being off CD for a few months. I was supposed to start last week but my CDC couldn't make an appointment so here I am. I'm about to have a porridge now as well although I'm not keen on the apple and cinnamon one, I like the plain one. Good luck to everyone else starting today as well x

Hello everyone, I've also started today. I was supposed to start last week but my packs were out of date!!:eek:

This is my final attempt at this diet so hopefully with everyones support i can get though it and make it to goal this time.

Hi Nik, yh it is!! how much did u lose this week hun?
Downsey I thought the apple and cinnamon porridge would be nice but I couldn't even eat it! Although i've just had a strawberry shake and it was lovely, and i'm really full up. (dont know if i actually am or just telling myself I am haha) xx

Hi Nik, yh it is!! how much did u lose this week hun?
Downsey I thought the apple and cinnamon porridge would be nice but I couldn't even eat it! Although i've just had a strawberry shake and it was lovely, and i'm really full up. (dont know if i actually am or just telling myself I am haha) xx
3lb :) message me anytime - this forum is invaluable you will love it :)

hi im starting today as well xxx

ive just had a chocmint shake it was lovely except the lumps lol must invest in a small mixer next week.

good luck to everyone else starting today, this is the firts time ive ever done cd so abit nervous roll on next week :D

How's everybody doing? I'm on day 6 and feeling fab!!! Had to resist a night out with the girls tonight so I don't spoil it but going out next week and hoping to have lost a good number by then :)