Hi i'm new to this - anyone starting today 15th?

Leannexxx

Hi Everyone,

I'm Leanne, i'm starting the Cambridge today.
I've just made the apple porridge (i must of made it wrong) becasuse it is not eatable! so not a good start!
can i ask a question - people have been writing in the forums about "ketosis kicking in" when does this happen?
xxx

Hi leanne :)
I'm also leanne and starting today!! Ice done it before but was skint so had to give up for a bit. Ketosis for me usually starts day 3 or 4. Ppl become rly obsessed with peeing on sticks and things but don't worry too much, if ur doing the dirt right u lose weight, simple as!!
Good luck, first few days are definitely the worst...on day 4 I'm usually achey and cold. But I promise u, ppl are telling the truth when they say it gets easier...I was in a high for a whole month when I did it before! It's sooooo worth it!
How much do u want to lose? X

Hi and welcome to Cambridge . Like LeaV says dont worry too much about ketosis , its not what makes you loose weight , it just makes your hunger pangs go and makes it easier to stick to . I usually go into ketosis on day 4 , day 3 is always the toughest , if you push yourself through the first 3-4 days you will be fine , just drink lots and distract yourself !

As for the porrige , it does take some practice to get it right !! I always make it with more water , use just boiled water and add 1 tablet sweetener , then mix it and mash it with a fork so well mixed , then microwave for 1 min . Experiment with the amount of water you use , it is nice when you get it right !!
Good luck :)

Hi Girls,

Thanks for your responce.
Leanne I want to lose 5 stone, how much do you want to lose? How are u finding your first day?
Determintor how long have u been on this diet? How much have you lost? If you dont mind me asking!! xx

Hi :) I'd like to lose 4 stone but I'm setting myself little goals along the way!
I'm currently 14 st 7 and I'd give ANYTHING to be under 13 before Xmas because I haven't been that weight since I was a teenager. I'm 28 now!!
First day going well, mostly cos I'm still in bed haha. Good luck, just keep yourself occupied and get through the first couple of days! X

Hey not at all

I started in november 2009 , did SS for 5 months and lost 6 stone . I then had a break for 7 months , I did slimming world and managed to maintain ok , then I had my gallbladder out so had to stay off another 3 months , now I have been back for 2 weeks .. I have lost nearly 7 stone and all added together I have done CD for 5.5 months :) I have another 1.5 - 2stone to go

Hi, I'm starting again!
Tried last week but every day failed:( exept Saturday, but blew it Sunday.

So yes day one today! So far so good!:)
I've also done this s few years ago.
X

Hi Girlies

Good luck with your starts, if u get in the right frame of mind you've cracked it!

Keep going xxx

Is this "my" Leanne lol xx

I'm starting back again today after being off CD for a few months. I was supposed to start last week but my CDC couldn't make an appointment so here I am. I'm about to have a porridge now as well although I'm not keen on the apple and cinnamon one, I like the plain one. Good luck to everyone else starting today as well x

Hi Nik, yh it is!! how much did u lose this week hun?
Downsey I thought the apple and cinnamon porridge would be nice but I couldn't even eat it! Although i've just had a strawberry shake and it was lovely, and i'm really full up. (dont know if i actually am or just telling myself I am haha) xx

Hi Nik, yh it is!! how much did u lose this week hun?
Downsey I thought the apple and cinnamon porridge would be nice but I couldn't even eat it! Although i've just had a strawberry shake and it was lovely, and i'm really full up. (dont know if i actually am or just telling myself I am haha) xx

3lb :) message me anytime - this forum is invaluable you will love it :)

hi im starting today as well xxx

ive just had a chocmint shake it was lovely except the lumps lol must invest in a small mixer next week.

good luck to everyone else starting today, this is the firts time ive ever done cd so abit nervous roll on next week :D

How's everybody doing? I'm on day 6 and feeling fab!!! Had to resist a night out with the girls tonight so I don't spoil it but going out next week and hoping to have lost a good number by then :)

Back