Hi - I'm new!

GetFitGirl

Hi,

I'm Bev and I started Exante Total today. I'm full of enthusiasm (and water) at the moment and, having ordered my goodies last Thursday, it has been a very long Bank Holiday waiting for them to arrive.

Have tried vanilla shake, orange bar and Thai chicken soup today. Sad soul that I am, I've actually quite enjoyed all of them! I haven't been hungry, although I have had quite a few "what shall I do now?" moments that I would until today have spent pigging.

Can I ask a couple of questions, please? The first one probably sounds daft, but how do you actually say "Exante"? Is it pronounced ex-anti, ex-ant, ex-ont (sort of French), ex-antay? Doubtless over the next few months someone will ask how I am achieving my remarkable weightloss (let's be really positive here), and it might be helpful to be able to pronounce the name of the stuff!

The other question is about the Add A Meal week. The book says "at the end of every 4th and 12th week" you should add a meal. Why do they specify 12th week when I would be adding a meal anyway as that would be the end of my third four week period? Or am I making this too complicated?

I've been reading the Exante messages almost all day today - well, didn't want to overdo things on my first day - and already feel I know lots of people, which is great. And what is even better, I don't feel the odd one out. It's really reassuring to know that other people have or have had the same problems.

Thanks everyone.

I pronounce it Ex-Antay - whether that's right or not :confused:

As for AAM - I read it as 4 weeks then AAM. 12 weeks (total) then AAM

Good luck

xx

Hi and welcome. I pronounce it Ex-antay but don't know if it's right or not.
AAM is a bit of a mystery! From previous posts I believe it's to do with NICE guidelines on TFR diets. Without medical supervision you shouldn't do total for more than 4 weeks at a time so you AAM in week 5. Then it gets confusing. If you're only doing 12 weeks then you start adding food back (WS) but if you have a lot to lose then you're probably going to stay on it for more than 12 weeks. In this case I've read it that you add a meal after each 4 week block of total. Confused? Lol

very good luck get fit girl

Thanks everyone. Think I'll go with Ex-Antay too!

Having looked on the Exante website, it slightly contradicts their book because it says you should have an AAM after every 4th week, which does make much more sense. Not nearly as complicated as I feared!

Wasn't going to spend as much time sitting on my (extremely large) backside reading messages today, but hey, I'm back to work next week so why not indulge myself a bit!

Hi and welcome i also pronounce it Exantay good luck!

Thanks Petal and Sparkling Fairy. Now I know how to say it, I just need to get on and do it!

Second day today. No ill effects so far. I did LL about eight years ago, but only did the 15 week abstinence bit, which was a big mistake. Unfortunately, couldn't stand the counsellor, didn't feel comfortable baring my soul in group meetings (well, there were some very intense people in the group who always had something interesting to confess to, and I mainly used to sit there like a lemon trying madly to think of something exciting!) and it was too expensive - although a lot cheaper than it is now.

Hopefully I will do better with Exante. I think the desire is there more this time. I am working part time in a job I like, but with a boss I loathe, until next summer when my "baby" goes to senior school and I can go back to work full time. I need to be in an employable state by then, so that's quite an incentive.

Back