Hi I'm new!

gnoga

Hello, my name is David. :)

I am a 26 year old male from the UK.

smile.gif
I want to lose weight ,I have tried carbohydrate and also protein diets but the weight seems to creep back on..I think now is the right time to lose weight,i want to lose weight because.. I needed to be healthy.

I hope I can find some support and advice on here, :wave_cry:

Hi David, Welcome to the forum.
Well done on getting to grips with losing the weight. What type of dieting programme are you thinking of following?
It would be interesting to know how much weight you need to lose as well.
The problem with putting on and losing weight is that you have to be determined to change things with a view to it being a life long change not just for the here and now. Of course it doesn't mean that you can't go out and have a good slap up meal now and again, or a good night out...whatever that may be for you!
Hope things will turn out well for you and look forward to seeing how you are progressing.

There really is no quick fix to weight loss. You would be better off following a healthy eating plan such as slimming world

I've tried lots of diets including a VLCD. I lost loads of weight on the VLCD but its impossible to maintain it and the weight all went back on and more. Now I'm doing slimming world and its brilliant. The weight loss isn't as quick but that's a good thing. It's about having a healthy lifestyle and keeping the weight off!

I agree with pp's it is much healthier to lose weight through a healthy, balanced diet. I have been following SW for 12 months and have lost 2 stone (put a little bit back on recently) although I should be at my target now - if I didn't fall off the wagon every couple of weeks! I'm also in UK, where abouts are you from? Have you searched for local groups - they aren't just for women you know and are not scary at all!! Good Luck :)

I hope you find the right plan / (or iteration of plans) that work for you.
The fact you are thinking positively about this is a great start

Back