Hi, I'm new

Hi lindentree,

Your very welcome to MiniMins and I do hope you will make yourself at home.:)

You have got some very good advice here already!

I don't get time to do much exercise but I do some light stretch and toning ten minutes a day along with self massage and drink at least 3 litres of water a day. Water is key to doing the diet.

I must get back to walking every day as it does help.

Are you sole sourcing for two weeks at a time or four?

We do four weeks and then we have AAm where we add a very small meal of non starchy veggies and a little bit of chicken along with our three packs.

Abstruse was doing the American Cambridge Diet and then went off it as she was taking up more physically exercise and felt she needed to eat more. She has not been about in a while but here is a link to her diary thread.

http://www.minimins.com/weight-loss-diary/3119-journey-healthier-me.html

Love Mini xxx

Hi Mini!! Well, in the U.S. we have two Cambridge formulas. The Original Cambridge, which comes in more flavors and is 110 calories. We also have the Food For Life formula which is 140 calories. That formula (known as FFL) has more protein and is the recommended formula when you SS. Here we can SS for two weeks, and then it is recommended that you take in 3 FFL and 400 extra calories a day. (about 820) We don't go back and forth between add a meal and SS here. Though, frankly, it sounds like a better idea to me. I like your system of SS for 4 weeks, then add a meal, then SS--and so on. At least that's the impression I get reading the posts here. If you want to SS longer in the U.S., you must be under a doctor's care. I read the thread you put up for me. I'm wondering if she was drinking the lower protein version of CD. I'm drinking FFL, which has more protein. :)

Hi lindentree,

I don't remember her mentioning that their were two options.

I guess she must of been on the higher option as she was SSing.

How are you getting on yourself?

Love Mini xxx

Hiya Lindentree,
just wanted to wish you luck on your cd journey and say, 'well done' for getting back on track after your initial blip...

Keep shaking :)

Hi Mini and Geri,

Thanks Geri, I needed that. I really screwed up for 6 days straight. I have been 100% since Dec.2nd., though. I learned you just need to pick yourself up and keep going. No need to focus on the past, just look at your present goal. I am doing well, mini, I want to keep SS so I am going to my doctor and ask if it is okay. I have about 7 stones to lose (oh my!!!) A sickness when I was younger made me pile on the pounds. Sickness gone, weight remained. Time to get healthy again. I had to look up "stone"! But people say it so much here I had to know what a stone was. Here it's the dreaded "pound". Ugh. (smile)Happy holidays to everyone! Oh, Cambridge has a website in the USA that explains so much. I forgot the address but if you google it you should find it. Just if you're curious about how we do it over here. You can even order your products from it, which is what I do. Unfortunately, there's no one to answer questions when you order that way. We have some independent distributors here, but I am worried they'll charge more than the website does.

Last edited:
Hi Lindentree,

Good for you for sticking with it and I think your only human to have a blip and I agree the trick is to keeping going but sometimes the old chatterbox says, "you might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb"!:(

I look at losing weight as a journey and learning about myself and trying to put new ways of doing things and skills in place for dealing with my emotions and my relationship with food as I got into some very unhealthy eating habits...besides chocolate my other vice was chips/French fries.

I hope to lose nine to ten stone or 126/140lbs in all...little over half way there but finding the second half not as easy as the first when I was all fired up.

I guess I feel so much benefit already health wise and I do know I will get there and as such there was no big hurry with me but now since I have taken my eye of the prize time as slipped by so quickly!!!

So back again and all fired up again and home to be at goal by summer which would be really very nice.

I googled Cambridge and got the site and I will have a good look at it thanks!

Love Mini xxx

Hia Lindentree ...

... welcome to the site. We have something in common - we both want to lose about 7 stone (98 lbs - just looked it up on calculator). I've been doing Lighterlife (only available in UK as far as I know) since 28th August this year.

LL is like Cambridge except we 'sole source' for 100 days initially (four packs a day). We also have cognitive behaviour therapy and transactional analysis every week - takes about 2 hours altogether. It has been great for me as I have lost almost 5 stone to date. The counselling has been invaluable at helping to me to recognise my behaviours around food and eating.

You are very lucky to have found this site Lindentree, it is a mine of advice, support, information, gossip, terrible jokes, and hope. Keep on dipping in to all the threads and post when you can.

I am carrying on with LL and doing further four-week modules (sole sourcing) until I get to my personal goal. After this I can start to re-introduce food back into my life during the Management part of the programme - this takes 12 weeks. Then, new life, new body, new mind, new (improved) future!;)

Hi all,
Mandi, thanks for the welcome. This site is so great. Mini, I know what you mean! I am crazy about chocolate and Lay's potato chips (I think you call them crisps) ! But you've done so well so far and I have no doubt that the second half of your journey will be equally successful. It sounds like you've learned a lot from this experience. I hope I do. AmandaJayne--how amazing that you've lost 5 stone already! I am so inspired by all the success stories on this board. I will start posting on other threads soon, as well, to offer my newbie support.

Back