Hi, I'm new

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Catherine Garland, 25 April 2009 Social URL.

1. Catherine Garland

Catherine Garland Member

Hi, my name is Catherine. I'm 39 years old and have just started on Orlistat. Silly think is I'm disappointed I havn't had any of the famous side affects! Not sure if the tablets are working. I know that's stupid but I can't help it!! I've been good (but not excellent). Last night I had a meal out with work at a Pizza Place (thanks for that work!) and had Lasagana. I expected an "explosion" in the night, but nothing. Still nothing now. Is something wrong? Any advice would be appreciated.:wave_cry:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Tiitanium

Tiitanium Gold Member

Start Weight:
    23st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    12st11lb(54.91%)
    Diet:
    Low Fat/Exercise
    im on xenical 120mg..

i didnt get side effects until at least a week!. i think i replied to your post on the xenical section x

4. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Hi
    Have you read the leaflet properly? Just give it time.

Irene xx

5. Catherine Garland

Catherine Garland Member

Thanks for that. I know its stupid, but at least if I get some bad side effects I know the tablets are working. I was so bad on Friday I expected hell on Saturday which didn't happen so I've convinced myself that the tablets are dud!

I'm taking one tablet with water before each meal (3 a day). I'm doing it right arn't I?:copon::copon:

6. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    I took them and one meal i ate out I thought i had chosen carefully but I definately had the effects and would never like that to happen again. If you are not eating high fat you should not get the side effects hopefully. As long as the weight drops you should know they are working

Irene xx

7. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Hi Catherine, no advice here, just wanted to say welcome.

8. Catherine Garland

Catherine Garland Member

Had a really upset tummy and very vivid orange colour poo (lovely conversation isn't it?!) this weekend. Guessing that's the tablets working.:D

9. emma237

emma237 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    309lb
    Current Weight:
    175lb
    Goal Weight:
    159lb
    Lost(%):
    134lb(43.37%)
    Hi good luck with your weightloss. I was going to say you dont really want any of the horrible side effects - i was on these tablets years ago and it was horrible!!! x

10. alibalibee

alibalibee Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st7lb(35.23%)
    Diet:
    SW
    HI there and welcome. I was on Xenical ( Orlistat) for a year, only just stopped the tablets last week :)
    With regards to side effects... for some people, they will be almost immediate, for others it will be up to 48 hours later. We're all different. However the best way to know they are working is not to *test* them , but to see your weight going down :)
    xx

11. Catherine Garland

Catherine Garland Member

Thanks for that - they are definitely working. On a really disgusting subject, how do you remove the orange 'stuff' from the toilet?! I've tried everything. Gross I know, but any advice would be appreciated. It looks like our toilet has been tangoed!:)

12. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Have you tried Bleach?

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.