Hi just joined after loosing 42 pounds on Atkins

EmmaMum

Hi

Well I have been doing Atkins for about 7 months and have lost 42 pounds. However have come to a stand still adn was getting very bored. I have done RC before in fact I did it with Rosemary in 2000 on Richard and Judy and lost 3 stone. I really love the diet and the lady she is so lovely. So here I go again. We have no classes near by and I can't afford to join online at the minute so I am winging it a little. I weigh 15 stone and am 5'8 and intend to have 2000 calories can someone tell me if this is about right?
Is it still everything less than 5% fat? 1/2 pint milk? I intend to stay low carb well just complex carbs really. Any advice greatly receivedand will be nice getting to knwo you all

Emma xx

hi the cals in the book go by weight and age not height
im over 16 stone and 44 so im on 1700

I am 31 and 15 stone sorry very cheeky but could you let me know what I should be on?
Thanks
xx

Sorry don't have the book to hand but not sure if you've thought about it but you can pick the books up off Amazon relatively cheap. That's how I first looked into the RC diet. It's got everything you need and there are a couple of different ones (although the ultimate jeans and the hip and thigh seem to follow similar ideas and pretty much identical calorie amounts etc).

I think you'll be on around 1600-1700 calories. Are you doing the 2 week kickstart diet first? If so then this is 1200 calories a day. Everything is to be below the 5% fat rule and, if I remember right (as I'm not on the diet right now), it's 3/4 pt of milk.

But I'd recommend picking up one of the books. The magazines are good too (come out every 6-8 weeks).

Hi Sarah

Thats great thanks ever so much, will ahve a look. Do I have to count veg? i know I count fruit but can't remember veg. I am sure salad was something liek 50 calories for a big salad

xx

hello
the book says you should be on 1621, have you had a look at rosemary conley tv on the web its very useful

Thanks hun

xx

Weigh in tomorrow for me am very excited (I get weighed everyday so god knows why haha) Have had a fab week on the diet and i know I have done well I am so pleased.

Hope everyone else had a good weekend

xx

Sorry i'm a bit late joining this thread, but I've been away on a RC training convention.

Sarah G is spot on as usual and always gives excellent advice. 1200 cals for the first 2 weeks then the current diet goes to 1400 cals for the next 2 weeks then go to you personal calorie allowance. Made up of 200 cals for breakfast, 300 for lunch and 400 for dinner, 2x50 cal power snacks and 450ml milk (200 cals). Use this milk for cereal and teas/coffee.

Everything under 5% fat except meat fish and oats for the first 2 weeks. Count the cals in veg and fruit but green veg is unlimited. 3/4 pt of skimmed or semi-skimmed milk but if you dont use all of this milk you can substitute 125ml for a low fat yoghurt of under 75cals.

After the first 2 weeks you increase the cals by 200 which is made up of 1 low-fat dessert OR low fat treat of 100 cals and 1 alcoholic drink OR high fat treat of 100 cals.

My big advice is to buy some RC portion pots and use them!!! also measure yourself as its the inches people see when they look at you and not the lbs, sometimes you may not lose weight but still lose inches.

HTH

Thats great Sarah Thanks. Do you do a class? We have nothing near me maybe I should start one! I am not doing the 2 weeks kick start as I have been doing atkins so didn't feel up for being so strict. I have lost 6lb so far which I am very shocked by as I thought going back to carbs might pile the weight back on. I am still sticking top very low carbs and then only brown bread, oats, muesli etc. I don't drink milk so am having yoghurt instead. I am doing excercise everyday which is a massive change for me and much needed as after 4 kids and loosing 3 stone I really need to tone up.

Thanks for your advice

xx

Good luck for WI honey xxx

Thats great Sarah Thanks. Do you do a class? We have nothing near me maybe I should start one! I am not doing the 2 weeks kick start as I have been doing atkins so didn't feel up for being so strict. I have lost 6lb so far which I am very shocked by as I thought going back to carbs might pile the weight back on. I am still sticking top very low carbs and then only brown bread, oats, muesli etc. I don't drink milk so am having yoghurt instead. I am doing excercise everyday which is a massive change for me and much needed as after 4 kids and loosing 3 stone I really need to tone up.

Thanks for your advice

xx

Well done on your weigh loss so far ...6lbs is amazing ... when is ur weigh in?

I run 2 classes a week for my local franchisee - some of the ladies on here will tell you how hard I found the training (beyond words) but if you can afford the franchise go along to an open day and have a look around.

Regarding the 1200 cals, if you find you reach a plateau you can always kick start yourself on it. Make sure you check what your calories should be as you lose weight as obviously they will change as you get lighter.

Wi is tomorrow and thank Vicky. saw your pic on fitness pal Mrs you look gorgeous and not liek you need to loose any weight at all Mrs. Thats good to know Sarah. I don't have time to do it really just a shame there is nothing round here.

xx

Well yesterday I went mad on excercise and today was official weigh in and i have lost 4lbs!!! So my excercise put 2 on which I preume is water so not to disheartened will just keep up with excercise and hopefully that will level itself out

xx

Well done Em.. great result. x

Back