Induction hi need a little help

roger

Just started induction 2weeks ago and lost 7 pounds on the first week just got on the scales this morning and have stayed the same is this normal to have a good week and then a bad one bit confused.

it happens i guess, just keep kicking!

Not sure why that's happened, Roger - have you been drinking lots of water and trying to get most of your carbs from leafy green veg?

Maybe post your menus and we can see if there's anything that has creeped in which might cause a stall?

Hi and thanks mostly having chicken or pork with salad but have been having some jelly with cream is this to soon?

Sugar free stuff can stall some people - also are you keeping your fat levels up?

The ratio is supposed to be about 65% fat and 35% protein (or something like that :))

Just came of sliming world and finding that hard at the mo but will try harder been cutting the fat of the bacon lol

LOL I know it's hard to get your head round - you really need to have a good read of the Atkins book - it will explain why eating fat to burn fat works :)

Also look out for Gary Taubes' books or watch him on YouTube - and read Jim's sticky, "So you're thinking of starting Atkins".

Jelly and cream can stall people but it's one of the rarer stallers I think, unless you're eating loads.

It's not uncommon to have a small loss or sts in week two if you had a big first week loss - your body needs a little time to adjust. Also if you've just come off one type of diet it's probably getting used to your very different intake.

You do need to eat the fat. Cook with real oil and real butter and put full fat mayo on your salad. Low fat products are usually full of sugar.

Pick up a copy of the book, and post your food diaries on here. People will soon tell you if they spot a problem.

Thank you all will look out for the books and see what happens next week i will keep you informed of any progress cheers

Think i found the problem i was having alot of tinned tomatoes and not reading the tin on the move again

Yes that will be it - tinned tomatoes are a no no really - you have to be very careful how much you use. Marks and spencers has a tomato and basil pasta sauce that's only 2.1g per 100g sauce but that is the lowest I've found and personally I'd be wary of eating anything much higher due to the natural sugar content of tomatoes.

Why not start a diary and post your daily meals there? People will spot things like that quickly and point them out to you.

Yes unfortunately tinned tomatoes are a real problem! I am a tomato addict so it was a huge shock to give up last year. Luckily now on maintenance i can have some fresh tomatoes and occasional tomatoey sauces. The difference is previously it would have been every other day with several tins of toms and now either make the sauce with real toms or use sparingly and not as often!

Well done on the 11lb loss! Atkins is a bit like that, good weeks and catch up weeks.

There is also a whoosh theory. When you lose fat the cells are still there and flapping about empty. Then they fill up with water for a few days then all of a sudden the cells empty out and collapse. That's what we talk about when the whoosh fairy visits. It's something like that so those few days after a bit week can actually still be you losing fat but retaining water, it all goes in the end.

Never heard of the woosh theory, but i like the sound of it!!!
I'll have to bear that in mind when looking at myself I think I have lost a couple of pounds, but when I get on the scales they show I have infact lost only a little!!! soo fustrated!!!
j x

I think it also helps to remember that it's size that counts more than weight. My goal is more based on a size I want to be rather than an actual weight. I won't mind in the slightest if I can get into a size 12 at 11 stone, even though I've set my goal on here as 10 stone. All it will mean is that I'm carrying more muscle mass, which is a bonus when you're in your mid 40s!

It's far better to judge by inches than pounds, yet another thing we all have to change in our mindset. Now, if only I could get off those scales every morning an cut myself some slack...

Jayne

Hi jayne me to realy just cant think of one without the other .things are fitting better now thanks to all the gteat help on hear.

don't you just love it when you put something on without almost passing out from breathing in. :D

Back