Hi new CDers

Hi

Keep it up! You've done brill so far.

I have to say I haven't been hungry at all but I think the key to that may be all the water I am drinking?? I am lucky as I like drinking water and have been having at least 4 litres a day....lots of loo visits but no hunger and no real side affects, apart from a bit tired.

What has amazed me is the realisation of how much I ate just out of habit and not out of hunger! I guess that the whole point of this is to break the habits!

I just keep thinking that this is a very small part of my whole life and it will be worth it to come out the other end having a 'normal' life with the knowledge that I can keep on target with the help of Cambridge.....mind you I am only in my first week! I bet there are plenty reading this thinking "yeah Tracey, I felt the same in week one...give it another few weeks....!!!"

Take care all and happy shaking! x

hiya joined CD today and looking for a team to join to keep me motivated. Anyone have a place for me?

Hi Susan!

Happy 1st day! I am only on day 7, but if it helps have lost 11 lbs this week!!

Hope you getting on ok? I have found this site brilliant for inspiration and advice...it keeps you going when you see what everyone else is acheiving!

If you look through some of the CD threads there are some groups already set up for different things that you may be interested in joining, although any group will welcome you!

Good luck x

Been reading all week but just got registered!

Just wanted to say 'hi' and thank you already for helping me through my first week. :sign0144: (Day 10 today) I have been reading many of your posts to keep me motivated! I didn't have too good a time during first week with water retention and even put ON 8lbs but I persevered with drinking even more water and it seems to have got sorted!

I decided to use the Cambridge Diet when I looked in the mirror and didn't recognise who I was looking at. This was after a stressful couple of months of revising for Master's degree exams, working on assignments plus my eldest son having a breakdown during his 2nd year degree exams and my 12 year old daughter being assaulted by a gang of unknown girls. I am separated from my kids father and he was no real support during this time. Something had to give and it was my weight. I piled on 2 stone. :cry:

But I have turned a corner. I got great results in my modules even with everything that happened (2 As and a B!) and now my current 'assignment' is to lose weight. I am asthmatic, I have mild arthritis, my left hip is wearing away but I am a dancer and if I lose weight this should ease everything. My motivation, apart from to be fitter and healthier is to buy a LBD.
:talk017:

Hi Reject Doll

Firstly, big hugs for what has been a really bad time for you...you must be amazingly strong to keep things together and be there to support your kids, as well as do your studies. Amazing results and you should be very proud!

I only started on 1st June on SS and, like you, have found this site invaluable for inspiration and support.

Keep smiling and ...you will acheive your goal xx

Hi Reject Doll

Firstly, big hugs for what has been a really bad time for you...you must be amazingly strong to keep things together and be there to support your kids, as well as do your studies. Amazing results and you should be very proud!

I only started on 1st June on SS and, like you, have found this site invaluable for inspiration and support.

Keep smiling and ...you will acheive your goal xx

Thanks Minx. I am in shock over my results! As for being strong it has been a case of having to be. Something I have learned over the last four years since my marriage broke up.

Very well done on your first week! :wow:
Hope I can catch you up now I am not retaining water!

Hi

Im Becky, started CC SS today and very nervous as had a strawberry shake for breakfast and hated it (it made me feel sick). I did a week on Exante and the shakes were lovely as were the bars and soups but im not aloud the bars or ready made shakes for 2 weeks! Any suggestions for making them better or which flavours are good. Have choc and capp to make hot but not sure how to do this!

Any help appreciated!!!!

Hi Becky!

Happy 1st day! I am afraid I am a newbie too so cannot offer as much advice as many on here!

However, are you drinking water before you have your shake? Was it the taste that made you feel sick?

Apparently, due to all the minerals etc in the shakes, if you don't consume water etc beforehand then they can make you feel sick.
Everybody's taste is different but I like all the shakes! Don't talk to me about the soups though!! Packed those in after 4 days!

Persevere with the shakes and make sure you drink loads of water before, after and inbetween!!

Good luck and I am sure you will be fine! Your first weigh-in will make it all worth it!

Take care

xx

Thanks Minx

I have to keep going its only day one!!!!!!!

Still feeling strange and sick lol was the flavour and texture I think but someone said put crushed ice in the shakes makes it better. Do you have the ready made shakes? Are they better than the powder ones?

Hi again!

They can taste a bit powdery...have you tried putting a bit more water than it says in the mix? This helps and ice helps too. Also, are you using an electric blender...I blend them well so they are nice and frothy!

I have got the tetra packs now, but to be honest I have not had one yet! I am taking my first one to work for lunch tomorrow (as work from home rest of week) so will let you know! They just look so weedy in comparison with a shake! lol!

xx

It can be just personal taste. I thought I would try the chocolate mint as it might help if I was craving chocolate but I didn't enjoy it at all. Yet I love the vanilla, butterscotch and banana. Last week I bought just one fruits of the forest to try and I thought it was lovely....like drinking a yoghurt! So I shall be buying more of that this week. I enjoy the vegetable and spicy tomato soups too and look forward to them as my evening 'meal' as they smell just like that! My daughter even wanted a sip of the tomato soup and said it was good too. (Now THAT'S an endorsement!)

Thank you for the tips, I was going to try a porridge for tea but might have a soup.

Dont know what to do with not keeping my lunch down as if I dont like my tea I will have only had about 100 calories all day!

Going to speak to my CDC when I leave work and hope she can help.

Oh forgot to say - I couldn't stand the porridge. I even gave it a second chance but then gave up and took spares back to my CDC. Yuk yuk yuk but then others seem to like them. As I said before, personal choice. You just have to try them to find out.

Hi there
I started CD SS plus last week, my first weigh in is this Saturday so I'm a little anxious that its working although I seem to have more energy already. I'm delighted to find this forum and I'd really love to find a diet buddy to help share the pain as my BF/friends/family are all thin and don't really understand the trials and tribulations :)

Hi Ciara!
Glad you doing ok! Anywhere and anyone on this forum will help you out along the way!
Good luck with the weigh-in...let us know how you get on.
xx

Hi all
Day one for me too and i'm real hungry and craving all sorts!!! just trying to keep busy to distract myself. I'm going to check out the teams and hopefully join up - i need to surround myself with others who understand this mammoth task

Hi all
Day one for me too and i'm real hungry and craving all sorts!!! just trying to keep busy to distract myself. I'm going to check out the teams and hopefully join up - i need to surround myself with others who understand this mammoth task

Hi GTDS
I'm a newbie too but I've been on CD for over 1 week now and I just want to tell you that it does get a little easier once you have the first week over. My CDC is on holiday till Sat so I won't know how much weight that I've lost until then but my jeans do seem looser yaay. I also have lots to loose :sigh: BUT feel much better for taking control of it. Best of luck to you, I keep looking at the inspirational photo's and know that if its possible for those people to look fabulous-its possible for us!!
CiaraC

by the way...how do you join a team?

Hi all

Stay strong. Everyone here is so friendly and there is always someone to answer your queries. You CAN do it!

HIya well day 4 for me and have experienced headaches and dizziness today but I'm going to keep at it.

I loved the choc tetra and hated strawberry which surprised me as usually I love strawberry tasting things.

Drinking so much water that I'm swimming inside.

Keep at it everyone - end result will be worth it xx

Back