Hi Not been about for a while,,, but need help.

Chitty

Hi Bet you can't remember me.....:cry:
I've lost my slim figure.....................:cry:
It has gone horrible again......................:cry:
I'm fat and lumpy ...............................:cry:
Sad and Grumpy ...................................................:cry:

Every day I have one step forward normal until about 1-3pm then 5 steps back, normally around 3 choccy bars, 2 cakes, huge dinner, 4 slices of bread, you name it I eat it. I've never before binge eaten like I have since originally losing me weight, but now I am in a mess...........:cry:

I need to get back on track for me, for my insides to be alright, my gut is so cross with me, I feel depressed, I won't go out, I don't want people to say, look stupied diet she was on, she putting it back on. I don't feel the CD is stupid but I don't know why I've put on 3 stone....:cry:
Can't seem to get one day under my belt let alone the 8 weeks or so it takes to do it.
Some one tell me I can do it and give me tips on how to keep going and not give in, why do I reach for food.........:break_diet::break_diet:
I love food, but I do love my clothes more, so why why why and how can I do it, magic answers please......:gen147::sign0009::doh:

Hi Chitty

:hug99: Sorry to hear you've had a gain.

Don't be hard on yourself, it is so easily done. You're already on the right track again as you've posted back on Mins and you know that you'll get all the support you need here.

Just get through those first days by any means neccessary, taking baths, chatting to friends on the phone when you feel like eating, posting on here and looking through the slideshow, and before you know it you'll be back on track again.

You can do it:)

Tracey
x

Thanks Mini Lady, I will try again tomorrow.... thing is when I break I forget about all the safe guards and just stuff my face then thing, ****....... should have done this that or the other, then eat some more..:cry:

I will have to pin a notice on the cupboard, the thing I normally go for first is bread.....

I will do it, just need to help along the way.

Thanks honey for the reply...:wave_cry:

Hi Chitty, I think you have answered your question in your post, you need to do this for you and only you can do it. I am in a similar place to you, I have put on 2 stone and people keep saying that LC diets are no good because the weight goes back on.
I want to prove them wrong its a hard battle but I am getting there slowly and at each restart I get a bit further and I wont give up.
Make a list of allthe reasons you need to do this and look at it everytime you want to eat, I have a set of clothes hanging on my wardrobe door and everytime I get tempted I go and look at my reason for sticking to it.

Hi Chitty,

Good to see you Chitty:)

I know only to well how you feel:hug99:

The only way I have been able to get back SSing is to cut down and out the rubbish before attempting to get back at SSing.

I am into my fifth week now and it is going well for me.

Sassy's Stepping guide works, give it a try otherwise you will keep going round in circles.
http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/9160-stepping-you-way-into-sole-sourcing.html

Also start again with new photos, body measurements and writing down your list of reasons as to why you want to lose weight and how you feel etc.

Set yourself mini goals and reward yourself with little non food treats as you tick off each mini goal.

You have done it before and you can do it again, just believe in yourself and remember you are worth it.

Have a read of the six lessons Chuckychicken posted recently....

http://www.minimins.com/lighter-life-forum/38545-slinks-back-tail-between-legs.html

Six Lessons I have learnt by ChunkyChicken in the LL forum

Lesson One - food cannot solve any problem other than physical hunger. I know that it tastes nice, and I know that it feels strangely good to eat something I shouldn’t when no-one is looking…. but it SOLVES nothing.
Lesson Two - nothing feels quite as bad as being disappointed in yourself - I have never experienced this before because I didn’t care enough to feel disappointed before - since LL I do. I like feeling proud of myself and I miss it so much.
Lesson Three - high fat, high sugar, high calorie and high carb food may be a taste sensation at the time - but my GOD - a few hours later and my body lets me know exactly how much it doesn’t like it any more. Leads on to lesson Four…..
Lesson four - if you have indigestion and bloating - and this is really a D’OH moment and expose the depth of my food insanity recently…. shoveling more food in only makes the problem worse…..
(Welll Duh…..)
Lesson Five… When you feel so hideous physically that you would rather sit in a cupboard all day than let your partner touch you… then something needs to be done and quickly.
Lesson six… The more you eat the more you poop….. gross but true

Love Mini xxx

Thanks Mini Lady, I will try again tomorrow.... thing is when I break I forget about all the safe guards and just stuff my face then thing, ****....... should have done this that or the other, then eat some more..:cry:

Hey you're not alone with this behaviour, it's like you hold back and back eating something then when you do it's as if you can't stop, I normally keep going til I feel icky:eek: I sometimes kid myself that if I give in to the nagging voice in my head and have one biscuit or one piece of toast it'll quieten down. Ha how wrong am I:rolleyes: With each thing I eat I tell myself that's the last thing, then I'm compulsed to eat something else, leaving myself guilty, disgusted and overfull.

But you can get over this, lots of people on Mins have been talking lately about ways to help themselves with binging, several have tried hypnosis which seems to work for some and others have tried CBT. I'm trying both of these and definately feel in a better place now.

I will have to pin a notice on the cupboard, the thing I normally go for first is bread.....

I will do it, just need to help along the way.

Thanks honey for the reply...:wave_cry:

Dry those watery eyes:) Tomorrow is day 1 and positive vibes are coming your way. Take each day at a time, before you know it you'll be in ketosis and things will be so much easier. By the summer your regain will be gone.

Tracey
x

Oh Chitty i really feel for u!
I'm sending loads of good thoughts ur way!
I found that taking pics of myself was the biggest motivation to get started! Everytime i even think about eating i look at them an it throws me back in to it. Also i split my weight loss up into individual goals so that it doesnt seem such a large task!
Also, I have a list of all the reasons i want to do this written down. Writing it took a lot out of me and was very sad and emotional but its so worth it to look at it and boost my motivation!
C'mon! Tomorrow is a new day and we can do this together!!
x

Bless You Mini

Hi Chitty,

Good to see you Chitty:)

I know only to well how you feel:hug99:

The only way I have been able to get back SSing is to cut down and out the rubbish before attempting to get back at SSing.

I am into my fifth week now and it is going well for me.

Sassy's Stepping guide works, give it a try otherwise you will keep going round in circles.
http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/9160-stepping-you-way-into-sole-sourcing.html

Also start again with new photos, body measurements and writing down your list of reasons as to why you want to lose weight and how you feel etc.

Set yourself mini goals and reward yourself with little non food treats as you tick off each mini goal.

You have done it before and you can do it again, just believe in yourself and remember you are worth it.

Have a read of the six lessons Chuckychicken posted recently....

http://www.minimins.com/lighter-life-forum/38545-slinks-back-tail-between-legs.html

Love Mini xxx

Hi Mini
Oh it was lovely to hear from you, when I posted last time I enjoyed your posts and missed you when you disappeared for a little while so good to see you are posting again, and I am 100% thrilled that you have got back on the waggon, thoese fallen stars must be dripping all over now, well done, you are an inspiration.
thank you.......:grouphugg:

Dry those watery eyes:) Tomorrow is day 1 and positive vibes are coming your way. Take each day at a time, before you know it you'll be in ketosis and things will be so much easier. By the summer your regain will be gone.

Tracey
x

Thanks Tracey..... Look See.... I have a big smile.... :D

Been looking at Mini link for getting back on plan and I think it will work, going to try it tomorrow...... Will keep posting as and when, thanks for the support.

Oh Chitty i really feel for u!
I'm sending loads of good thoughts ur way!
I found that taking pics of myself was the biggest motivation to get started! Everytime i even think about eating i look at them an it throws me back in to it. Also i split my weight loss up into individual goals so that it doesnt seem such a large task!
Also, I have a list of all the reasons i want to do this written down. Writing it took a lot out of me and was very sad and emotional but its so worth it to look at it and boost my motivation!
C'mon! Tomorrow is a new day and we can do this together!!
x

Thanks Lisa...
I think both your tips are good ideas, will try brave the camera...:eek:
And lots of people have said to write down my reasons for doing this and I haven't as yet, but I will do.....
Keep me posted, we can do it...

Hiya Chitty

Not much to add to the great advice above but just wanted to send HUGS. Take it one day at a time rather than thinking about the weeks ahead and ease yourself back in gently. Post often as there will always be someone here to distract you through the tough times.

Good luck hun
xxxx

Hiya Chitty

Not much to add to the great advice above but just wanted to send HUGS. Take it one day at a time rather than thinking about the weeks ahead and ease yourself back in gently. Post often as there will always be someone here to distract you through the tough times.

Good luck hun
xxxx

Thanks Porgeous and wow your looking great..... :wow:

Hey Chitty,

I know exactly how you feel, I started a VLCD (LL and then CD) 2 years ago, lost 5 stone and since then have slowly put it all back on (plus another stone for luck!) I've been trying to restart for ages and all i've been doing successfully is putting on more weight.

I finish my degree in June though and am then heading off to South East Asia for 6 weeks before I start work at the end of the summer. I've decided that it's now or never to lose a bit of weight before I go - I won't be able to stand the heat if I go the size I am now and definately won't enjoy it as much (I had difficultly bending down to pick up 20p I dropped on the floor today so god knows how i'd cope hauling a backpack round for 6 weeks!!)

So, I am restarting tommorow - for definate, no excuses - I'm hoping to lose 2-3 stone before I go then the other 3 when I come back.

So if you are still restarting tommorow it would be great to keep each other company and on the straight and narrow!!

Tash xx

Hey Chitty,

I know exactly how you feel, I started a VLCD (LL and then CD) 2 years ago, lost 5 stone and since then have slowly put it all back on (plus another stone for luck!) I've been trying to restart for ages and all i've been doing successfully is putting on more weight.

I finish my degree in June though and am then heading off to South East Asia for 6 weeks before I start work at the end of the summer. I've decided that it's now or never to lose a bit of weight before I go - I won't be able to stand the heat if I go the size I am now and definately won't enjoy it as much (I had difficultly bending down to pick up 20p I dropped on the floor today so god knows how i'd cope hauling a backpack round for 6 weeks!!)

So, I am restarting tommorow - for definate, no excuses - I'm hoping to lose 2-3 stone before I go then the other 3 when I come back.

So if you are still restarting tommorow it would be great to keep each other company and on the straight and narrow!!

Tash xx

Yes it will be great, I'll post a day to day thingy, I've also got a blog, which I haven't added today, but I have been doing, to help me and other who find it hard.
Well done on your degree and your plans sound so exciting.. wow.... I remember when it was hard picking up a 20p as well, it is getting that way again at the moment... It's time for action... we can do it....
PM me any time... Thanks for your post.
Chitty

Tracey
x

:banghead: What an idiot, only just realized the blue bit in the middle was what you wrote..... It was very interesting, I think we should all change the mould and make binge eating a thing of the past, stupid blood food any way.......... :sick0019: only gives you bad tummy ache.... . Oh lovely idea, just picture all food is covered in pooooo hmmmm mind over mater may work.....

Hiya Chitty (great ticker by the way :) )

I can honestly say that I know exactly how you feel, and I doubt that there is anyone on here that doesn't understand how you feel, so at least you are not alone.

I lost 4 stone three years ago, moved house and 'took a break' to concentrate on the house etc, wham! before you know it I was 5 stone heavier, all that weight went back on plus another stone for good measure. I have been trying to restart and 'get a grip' for 2 years now and just haven't been able to get through more than the first month. I lose a stone and then lose motivation I guess.

Anyway, I am going to make tomorrow a new day too, so perhaps you, Tash and I can help each other with this? If we want it badly enough we can do it can't we?

My motivation right now is the fact that if I start now then I can have made a real change by the summer, and I have a holiday booked for August. I know I am going to sit there on my fat bum regretting not making the effort if I don't because I did it last year. I also have some significant events coming up in the next year and I don't want to be as I am for them, and neither do you I bet.

My daughter's (step really, but I don't think of her like that) finishing uni next year and there will be the dreaded photos which I know I am going to cry over if I am this size, so I have plenty of things to focus me, how about you?

To add to chunkychickens list:

No hairdo, new clothes or make-up can hide the weight

I always think I'm looking okay until I see the photos, then the truth is staring me in the face. I can spend hours doing my hair and make-up and changing clothes in preparation for a big event, and the truth is, I always look awful, no matter how hard I try. When I was slimmer however, everything looked okay on me and I didn't have to try so hard.

At this weight I always feel untidy because everything I wear has to cover this, or that etc so I end up wearing 'shrouds' which are enormous, just to 'hide' my fat, but they hide nothing.

Hey Miel,

Yeah it would be great to have someone else to keep on track with!! A saturday is a funny day to start isn't it so i'm going to have to keep myself occupied before the 'You might aswell start on a monday' chatterbox begins!!

I know what you mean about looking your best but still looking fat - I went out last week only really concentracting on the neck up - hair took ages, make up looked fab but I still look fat on the photos (probably because I am!! lol) I think I've been avioding the fact that I have put so much weight on and think that I can paint over it if you like but you can't hide away when the evidence is there in front of you can you?!!

Good Luck with your restart tommorow - let me know how you get on xx

Back