Hi there everyone

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Red Riding Hood, 10 January 2011 Social URL.

1. Red Riding Hood

Red Riding Hood Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st11lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11.5lb(9.29%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hello I'm new today, just came across this forum while googling something to do with Slimming World.

I am Red, I'm 36 with 2 children. I put on most of my weight while pregnant with my first (despite eating well). I have continued to put it on and now I'm here with about 8 or 9 stone to lose, so a long slog ahead.

I can't really afford the Slimming World meetings right now though I am doing their food optimising. My friend has given me all her information so I do need to be gently guided in some areas and hopefully this will be a good place to ask advice and get inspiration.

I'm a member of other forums but no weight loss ones. I've never really sought support for weight loss previously so this is definately a bit new to me. Like many I had food issues as a teen/young adult and body image problems. So seeking support is probably a very positive first step. I did lose 4 stone once before on Weight Watchers points but put it all back on and some. I think I am a bit of a comfort eater.

I feel like I've put my life on hold becasue I'm so embarrassed to see my friends from before I had children, I put things off and I've even drifted completely apart from some people who probably think I'm being rude but the truth is I'm a bit ashamed of myself! As well as wanting to lose weight I'm trying to alter the way I look at myself so I stop putting life off and feeling bad about myself.

I look forward to getting to know you all.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Lighterlisa

Lighterlisa Full Member

Just thought I'd say hi as I'm a newbie to all this too!

I'm 29 and have 3 children, my youngest is now 5 so I really have no excuse to be still carrying round the excess weight so I've decided enough is enough and I'm going to have a go at slimming world!

Hope your feeling well and motivated and hope to talk to you again soon :)

4. Red Riding Hood

Start Weight:
    19st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st11lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11.5lb(9.29%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks for replying Lisa. I really want to succeed this time. My youngest is 3 - no excuse for me either. I hope you do well this time. Will see you on the Slimming World boards for sure. :)

5. raina

raina Member

Welcome!! I am new to this too. I joined last night. This seems like a great place to get the support you need to get through it. I joined sw in September and after my weigh in tonight I have lost 1st 9lb. I love this diet and find it really easy to stick to at the moment lol. I wish you luck :) Xx

6. Red Riding Hood

Start Weight:
    19st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st11lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11.5lb(9.29%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Fantastic loss raina, that's so good. Have you been doing the Extra Easy?

7. raina

raina Member

I have been doing a mix really. I find it more effective. The ee cook book has some fab recipies in it. Give it a whirl. It really got me in to it x

8. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Hi and welcome. Good luck with SW. Suggest you start a diary thread in the SW section for support

Irene xx

9. Red Riding Hood

Start Weight:
    19st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st11lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11.5lb(9.29%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks Irene I started one x

btw your grandson is super cute and the ohter one shares a name with one of my boys :)

10. Purplechick76

Purplechick76 Member

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(7.33%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi there x I am also new to this x I am a mum of 5 age range 14 to 3 x my weight gain started after my 2nd child and I really feel it's time to stop been the extra cuddly mummy and became a fit cuddly mummy x looking forward to getting to know people x

11. AmyAlice

AmyAlice Member

Start Weight:
    14st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.98%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.