Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Hi there everyone

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Red Riding Hood, 10 January 2011 Social URL.

1. Red Riding Hood

Red Riding Hood Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st11lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11.5lb(9.29%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hello I'm new today, just came across this forum while googling something to do with Slimming World.

I am Red, I'm 36 with 2 children. I put on most of my weight while pregnant with my first (despite eating well). I have continued to put it on and now I'm here with about 8 or 9 stone to lose, so a long slog ahead.

I can't really afford the Slimming World meetings right now though I am doing their food optimising. My friend has given me all her information so I do need to be gently guided in some areas and hopefully this will be a good place to ask advice and get inspiration.

I'm a member of other forums but no weight loss ones. I've never really sought support for weight loss previously so this is definately a bit new to me. Like many I had food issues as a teen/young adult and body image problems. So seeking support is probably a very positive first step. I did lose 4 stone once before on Weight Watchers points but put it all back on and some. I think I am a bit of a comfort eater.

I feel like I've put my life on hold becasue I'm so embarrassed to see my friends from before I had children, I put things off and I've even drifted completely apart from some people who probably think I'm being rude but the truth is I'm a bit ashamed of myself! As well as wanting to lose weight I'm trying to alter the way I look at myself so I stop putting life off and feeling bad about myself.

I look forward to getting to know you all.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Lighterlisa

Lighterlisa Full Member

Just thought I'd say hi as I'm a newbie to all this too!

I'm 29 and have 3 children, my youngest is now 5 so I really have no excuse to be still carrying round the excess weight so I've decided enough is enough and I'm going to have a go at slimming world!

Hope your feeling well and motivated and hope to talk to you again soon :)

4. Red Riding Hood

Start Weight:
    19st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st11lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11.5lb(9.29%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks for replying Lisa. I really want to succeed this time. My youngest is 3 - no excuse for me either. I hope you do well this time. Will see you on the Slimming World boards for sure. :)

5. raina

raina Member

Welcome!! I am new to this too. I joined last night. This seems like a great place to get the support you need to get through it. I joined sw in September and after my weigh in tonight I have lost 1st 9lb. I love this diet and find it really easy to stick to at the moment lol. I wish you luck :) Xx

6. Red Riding Hood

Start Weight:
    19st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st11lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11.5lb(9.29%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Fantastic loss raina, that's so good. Have you been doing the Extra Easy?

7. raina

raina Member

I have been doing a mix really. I find it more effective. The ee cook book has some fab recipies in it. Give it a whirl. It really got me in to it x

8. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Hi and welcome. Good luck with SW. Suggest you start a diary thread in the SW section for support

Irene xx

9. Red Riding Hood

Start Weight:
    19st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st11lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11.5lb(9.29%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks Irene I started one x

btw your grandson is super cute and the ohter one shares a name with one of my boys :)

10. Purplechick76

Purplechick76 Member

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(7.33%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi there x I am also new to this x I am a mum of 5 age range 14 to 3 x my weight gain started after my 2nd child and I really feel it's time to stop been the extra cuddly mummy and became a fit cuddly mummy x looking forward to getting to know people x

11. AmyAlice

AmyAlice Member

Start Weight:
    14st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.98%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.